[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Drive so popular compared to Refn's other flicks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Driver.png (553KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
Driver.png
553KB, 900x505px
Why was Drive so popular compared to Refn's other flicks?
>>
It was a good movie. Sometimes directors are revealed as hacks after they start to get popular and you realize them getting popular was a mistake. Kinda like M. Night with Sixth Sense or Unbreakable
>>
i am driving
>>
It's his most accessible and best flick.

He's quite competent when he reins in his autism.
>>
>>79574983
But M Night has made more good films than bad, and neither of those two are evne his best.
>>
>>79575057
>Signs
>The Visit
>The Last Airbender
>The Happening
>After Earth
>Devil
Yeah he's a real bastion of genius.
>>
>>79575113
Signs was pretty good though. it made no sense but other than that it was an eerie, tense flick that looked really good.
>>
human bean
>>
>>79574947
because Drive is a film? apples and oranges OP
>>
>>79574947
its a e s t h e t i c as fuck and has a cool protagonist
>>
>>79574947
It wasnt boring as shit.

Drive had every component to make a fucking awesome movie.

1.Main actor liked by women and men.
2.cool getaway scenes
3.80's vibe
4.plenty of cool gory scenes

The movie didnt pretend to be something really deep, it was about a fucked up guy that tried to lead a normal life but he's still fucked up in the inside, PERIOD.

Then when he became Hollywood's darling they threw trucks of money at him and he decided to be Gaspar Noe and failed like a bitch.

Then he came out with the Neon Demon (plenty of fap material) but still not good enough.

This hack has literally ONE more movie before his career sinks to the depths of the Straight to dvd sea.
>>
>>79574947
It's definitely his more normie friendly work, but I haven't seen them all.
>>
>>79574947
He returned to his roots like the Pusher series after having received more money after his two other great movies Bronson and Valhalla Rising
He decided not to do it again, because what would be the point? Even if you don't like his output since, it's better that he would either quit or make something different rather than rehash the same movie just for a buck
>>
>>79576506
> This hack has literally ONE more movie before his career sinks to the depths of the Straight to dvd sea.

Guess he's going to direct-to-DVD/Netflix now
>>
Im pretty convinced he only made this movie to force the jewmasters of hollywood to loan him all their sheckles so he could make art house films with whatever the fuck cast he wants.

Im serious the guy swindled everyone. What a hero.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.