[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
When chef died.
>>
it didn't
>>

The Wii episode was the last good thing they did.

Seasons 3 to 8 are absolute gold, 9 and 10 are good, the rest is absolute shit.
>>
When they started inserting their stupid fucking just a prank, bro, I don't even watch the show into every single episode.
>>
>>79567465
Can't pinpoint exactly where it started to go downhill but probably this >>79567578

However there were still good episodes after that. It only became unwatchably bad with S19 because that's when the season-long storylines were introduced. It doesn't work for a show like South Park and never will.
>>
when they stopped having the boys just go on adventures doing stupid shit and started season long unfunny "look guys we make fun of stuff that happened 3 days ago aren't we so relevant" jokes
>>
>>79567876
fucking EXACTLY this.

this went from a show about a bunch of pre teens getting into ridiculous situaitons with slight references every couple episodes to current events into

DAE REMEMBER THIS FROM LAST WEEK?
>>
When they started using continuous storylines through an entire season
>>
>people that cry about south park SUDDENLY becoming obsesssed with current events
>they're just too young to get the references in the early series

makes me feel ancient as fuck desu
>>
>>79568448
same here tbqh and I'm probably younger than you. Referencing current events was never the problem. It was over-complicated storylines and churning out episodes too quickly.
>>
>>79567465
>dumbing down episodes by only focusing on one plot
>this means if said plot is shit, the entire episode is shit as well
>becoming overdramatic and slowing down the pace of the plots
>parodying films and other pop culture icons to a ridiculously meticulous degree without wit or sublety
>kids don't insult each other constantly anymore
>>
>>79567465
It just went on too long, no comedy can be consistently funny forever and South Park lasted longer than the vast majority.
>>
Might become good again eventually, it has reinvented itself a few times. I can forgive them for fucking it up hard one of these times, but I'll be really fucking pissed if the first episode of the next season isn't standalone.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.