[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Police Story Jackie chan's defining film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0639.jpg (237KB, 1600x1023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0639.jpg
237KB, 1600x1023px
Watching this film again, I feel like it shows the full range of what makes chan great
>obviously stunts and fighting
>he can direct both serious and funny scenes
>he can do great physical comedy
>he can also be good at drama when needed
>>
>>79561703
No one really in the mood to discuss some jackino?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4dUq4zE_o
>>
It's Armour of God, you fagget.
Marvel wish they could produce pure creditskino like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbMLKZoY2c
>>
>>79561703

I like drunken master a bit better. It's a shame it's dubbed over mostly.
>>
>>79561703
Young Jackie is the best, before his face turned to Play-Doh
>>
>>79561703
>Is Police Story Jackie chan's defining film?

Yes, followed by Project A 2, Drunken Master (1978), Armour of God, and Dragon Lord.
>>
>>79561703
it's pretty special desu as far as action movies it's got an arthouse action feel to it that movies like a better tomorrow and other asian movies tried to do in this era
>>
Is this the one where they hurt his gf and Jackie actually looks for trabbru?
>>
>>79562967
Police story 2 is the one he looks for trabble
>>
>>79562210
Fuck thats a lot of glass.
>>
>>79561703
bretty much. altho i prefer dragons forever because you have jackie, yuen biao and sammo hung not to mention benny the jet urquidez all showing the same range as you mentioned in police story. it's a shame police story bombed in the U.S. (it was a very jingoistic time for action flicks). jackie said fuck the U.S. after that then a decade later the U.S. practically begged him to release all those badass films that we missed starting with Rumble in the Bronx.
>>
Interesting question OP

I'd say "Drunken Master" is the film that defined Jackie Chan

But Police Story is the definitive Jackie Chan film

Does that make sense?
>>
rumble in the bronx

you underage cuck weeb redditors need to fuck off his us films were best
>>
Drunken Master 1 and 2 were both really good, my favorite jackie movies. Police story 1 was good and even had some great humor but the sequels were seriously lacking action, the only thing I really cared about. It had a lot of bad drama too.
>>
>>79561703
Meals on Wheels and the Dragon Saga movies are my favorites
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.