[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has finally settled, what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

So now that the dust has finally settled, what went wrong?
>>
Boring generic story about corrupt LA police and mafia shit

4 main characters instead of 2, so each of them get half the development time of Marty and Rust

Fukunaga didn't come back to direct

Rushed development time to get it out less than a year after season 1

Convoluted plot filled to the brim with worthless red herrings and side characters

frankisms, while funny as frankposting on /tv/, are all cringy and shit in the show
>>
>>79560754
Is this Vince kino ?
>>
>>79560754
When's s3 with McConaughey lads
>>
>>79560754
The story was horrible.
>>
>>79560861
well shit I think someone actually answered this sort of thread sincerely and succinctly
/thread
>>
>>79560754
Nothing.
>>
>>79560883

A prequel season about Crash would be the shit.
>>
>>79560754
Pizza had a lot of luck in the first season. He also consciously decided to cut the cosmic horror components. So what is left in S2 was a mediocre written show with a generic setting and edgy characters.
>>
The main characters didn't have any interesting chemistry. Their relationship was strictly professional up until 2 of them fug. They barely had reason to care when the gay one died.
>>
File: tmp_10871-1478275777791875900778.jpg (211KB, 1245x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10871-1478275777791875900778.jpg
211KB, 1245x1300px
>>79560754
4 characters. None of them were interesting.
>>
>>79561059
Pizza dud not just "get lucky" he literally spent 30 years living in the wet armpit of americs that is galvestoon. He researched the most prolific serial killer that never got caught.

Season 1 was 30 years in the making.
>>
>>79561082
>These contracts... There are singnatures all over them.
>>
File: hare.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hare.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I liked season 2 more than 1. The majority of 1's season was pointless. Anything regarding relationships was padding. It was a 4 episode series at best the conclusion was frighteningly unsatisfying. I didn't feel like either season was good TV though.
>>
>>79561194
>drifts into the moonlight
>dubstep.mp3

There are legitimately morons on here that dont tgink season 2 is laughibly bad.
>>
Which one of you faggots did this?

Childress is also a massive man, for you, and extremely strong, as seen in the last Episode of season one, he lifts Cohle with ease and after being shot twice, Appears unaffected by the wounds as he attacks Martin Hart.

http://true-detective.wikia.com/wiki/Errol_Childress
>>
>>79561296
>teehee anon stop taking picture of me you know I'm shy!
>>
>>79561390
U do know wherr that pic is from, right? Pizza probabaly solved the biggest serial killer case in america and shut up. I knew pizza we used to drink together ehen iwas building the causeway.
>>
>>79561504
Lay off the bottle, anon.
>>
>>79561520
3 handles in 4 days. I pray tk jesus he takes me home.
>>
>>79561194

POISONED COOZE
>>
>>79562164
You're a good looking white man.
>>
>>79561181
>He researched the most prolific serial killer that never got caught

who?

I like to think of Pizza as Icarus. He flew too close to the sun with his elite kiddie rape Satanic cult and when the synopsis for season 2 came out, someone sent him pics of his sleeping daughters and he very silently backed down and changed the whole thing.
>>
>>79560861

>Boring generic story

Please link 3 flicks, 2 kinos and 1 capshit where anything similar happens.

>about corrupt LA police and mafia shit

Its set in the fictional city of "Vinci" in "Ventura county", far far from LA.

Please point out exactly where the Italian mob makes an appereance in S2, mustve missed them.

>Fukunaga didn't come back to direct

>4 main characters instead of 2, so each of them get half the development time of Marty and Rust

First you complain about generic story, now you complain about it differing from S1?

>Fukunaga didn't come back to direct

Not an argument.

>Rushed development time to get it out less than a year after season 1

Not an argument.

>Convoluted plot filled to the brim with worthless red herrings and side characters

Try without buzzwords.

>frankisms, while funny as frankposting on /tv/, are all cringy and shit in the show

Autism isnt an argument.
>>
>>79561257
This. Season 2 is plebfilter
>>
THIS IS MY LEAST FAVORITE LIFE
>>
>>79562381
>vinci
>far far from LA

Vinci is based on Vernon, which is a small incorporated city inside LA.

Thats my only argument though, I think season 2 was masterful. A pure nihilstic noir in the fullest sense. The city of Vinci and specifically the monster that is the Vinci political machine is the main character. No matter which cogs get ground down to dust and replaced, the machine wins and things move ever forward.
>>
>>79561257
i dont use ten dollar words as much as you, but fuck you that's why
>>
>>79560754
nothing

it was kino on its PUREST form
>>
>>79560754
damn everyone has huge a forehead, must suck to be them and balding
>>
File: 5.webm (3MB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
5.webm
3MB, 1280x719px
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>79563822
>t. pajeet
>>
vince vaughn "acting seriously" happened
>>
Liked the s2 and it's cast
except Mole McWarts
what were they thinking?
she's a romcom tier actress
>>
>>79563851
try again cunt
>>
>>79560754
Absolutely nothing

Title song could've been better though. God's gonna cut you down by johnny cash would've been a perfect choice
>>
>>79563871
She sucks even in romcoms.
>>
>>79562292
That bever gtot caught. Let me give you his ssn. The i45 murders idiot. Thats why pizza was there.
>>
>>79560754
asspen desu
>>
>>79563907
Nigga just give a wikipedia link and stop being a lil bitch
>>
Weak story
Too many characters
No fukunaga
No touches of supernatural shit
>>
>>79563940
Literally google i45 murders or book galveston.

But yea im the bitch.
>>
>>79563907
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Killing_Fields_(location)
got your back senpai
>>
The first half was shit, it got better in the last episodes.
>>
>>79564031
No, you were a smug poofta cunt, offering his ssn.
Just say what to google or give a link instead of acting like a shit cunt

>>79564057
Thanks mate
>>
>>79564140
>>
>>79560754
Vince Vaughn
>>
>>79560754
this show's plot wasn't big enough for people to cuff it with their minds
>>
>>79564703
Its a dick joke.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.