[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrence Howard believes 1x1=2, so he created his own language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Terryology goes back to Howard's college days. The future actor was studying chemical engineering at Pratt — but dropped out when he realized that he fundamentally disagreed with his professors about the basics of math. The argument focused on the simple equation of one times one.

"How can it equal one?" Howard asked Rolling Stone, and the universe. "If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."

Good thing Howard didn't need that engineering degree. He eventually made his way up in Hollywood, receiving an Oscar nomination for Hustle & Flow. He seemed unstoppable — until stories about Howard being difficult to work with, coupled with an increasing public awareness of his history of domestic violence, torpedoed his career.

"There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star," said the actor.

So he focused his attention on Terryology, devoting up to 17 hours a day to cutting up wires and plastic to form building-block-like contraptions he believes will bring truth to the universe. He's created his own symbols so no one can steal his ideas; patents are involved.

"This is the last century that our children will ever have been taught that one times one is one," he told Rolling Stone. "They won't have to grow up in ignorance. Twenty years from now, they'll know that one times one equals two. We're about to show a new truth. The true universal math. And the proof is in these pieces. I have created the pieces that make up the motion of the universe. together."

When the magazine came to Howard's home to observe him for the profile, Howard and his wife, Mira Pak, acted as if they were living harmoniously as a couple. It's since come to light that they've actually been living separately since August 2014.
>>
old, slowpoke, kys
>>
File: 1425124756457.jpg (63KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1425124756457.jpg
63KB, 540x960px
Multiplication as equal groups, son.
>>
>>79556789
>So he focused his attention on Terryology, devoting up to 17 hours a day to cutting up wires and plastic

I do this for fun, but is it normal behavior?
>>
Thanks for the breaking news faggot.
>>
I don't think he knows what "times" means. It's short hand for the very simple concept of counting. The reason 1 x 1=1 and not 2 is because it's shorthand for the concept that 1 = 1. 1 one time is one. 1 two times is 2. It seems slightly overly complicated when you're dealing with such simplistic numbers, but it's highly valuable when you're dealing with more complicated arithmetic. 2 x 2=4 because you're counting 2 twice. 748 x 312= 233376 because you're counting 748 three hundred twelve times.

I can't believe I actually just had to type that. This man is an idiot.
>>
>>79556789
>so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be.

is this a joke?
>>
>teaching monkeys math

Biggest joke of the modern world
>>
he's right though.

in order two multiply 1 by 1, you have to have to 1s, therefore it's 2
>>
>>79557157

dont post
>>
>>79556789
I bet Don Cheadle knows 1x1=1
>>
>>79556789
>nothing worse than being a broke movie star
>literally nothing worse
This privileged faggot jesus christ, what a dumb fuck
>>
>>79557179
you know I'm right
>>
>>79557117
>>79557157
what does he think
2x1
3x1
4x1
5x1
etc mean? it's literally a number taken one time
>>
>>79557275
lmfao
>>
>>79557266
Being a broke movie star, with a literal micropenis and brain that doesn't work is definitely worse.
>>
>>79557280
I'm not sure. This would only make sense if to start off with you really didn't have a firm hold on basic math concepts and then you got really REALLY high.
>>
Ayo FUCK maffs yo, dat be da white devil lies n shiet
>>
File: 1484080263187.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1484080263187.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>79557444
>
>>
If I give you one apple one time, how many apples did I give you?

If I give you one apple 2 times, as in on two separate occasions I gave you one apple, how many apples did I give you?

If I give you two apples one time, as in on one single occasion I gave you two apples, how many apples did I give you?

Somebody please pass this along to Terrence, he needs it.
>>
>>79557591
He's clearly schizophrenic
>>
>>79557591
did you just whitesplain basic math to him
you fucking racist
>>
>>79557591
we don't have the privilege of fresh fruit in the inner city asshole
>>
>>79557658
>>79557743
Just so we're clear, so this doesn't get racist- I'm black. This guy is just a moron.
>>
>>79557117
Maybe he is so smart that he can`t understand basic concepts.
>>
So how did he get through high school in the first place? Free diploma thanks to affirmative action?
>>
>>79556789

I actually understand what he's trying to say.

1 x 1 = 1

But in Terry's head:

1x1 is equal to two 1s

But by that logic, shouldn't it be 3 ones? Or in fact, 5 ones, because we're seeing each individual number as one?

The problem arises when imaging that 1 doesn't equal 1, but some qualitative (+1), which isn't the same thing at all.

1 is 1, essentially. But in Terry's head, 1 x 1 is equal to 2. It doesn't make him correct, obviously.
>>
>>79557216
oh wow
>>
>tfw too smart to do basic mathematics
>>
>Howard and his wife, Mira Pak, acted as if they were living harmoniously as a couple. It's since come to light that they've actually been living separately since August 2014.

never stick your pussy in crazy
>>
>>79557216
SLAMMMIN!
>>
Zero times two is zero since he's not in Ironman 2.
>>
>>79558073

The problem is that he's visualizing these numbers as objects to be counted literally.

So by writing it down he notices he wrote down "1" two times so that has to be "2" lol.
>>
So he doesn't understand basic multiplication.

I mean, I thought I resented his acting career, but the fact that he didn't go on to be a engineer and design some shit I drive over is a big relief now.
>>
>>79558452

The real question is how come such an idiot went to study chemical engineering in the first place.
>>
tl;dr stupid nigger says some nigger shit
>>
>"There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star," said the actor.
I unironically think this is the dumbest thing he's quoted as saying in the OP
>>
Every time I hear this, I can't help but laugh
>>
There's only one Terryology I believe in
>>
>>79558489
He didn't.

>Though he did not complete his engineering degree, Howard thinks of himself as an engineer and intends to return one day to complete the "three credits"[20] of which he is currently short.[8][21][22][23] Howard's account of his educational history has not been confirmed; Pratt Institute, which he says he attended, closed its engineering degree program in 1993.[24] On February 26, 2013, Howard said on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that he had earned a Ph.D. in chemical engineering from South Carolina State University that year. Although he was awarded a Doctorate of Humane Letters from SCSU in 2012, he never attended the university and never earned a degree in chemical engineering.[22]
>>
>>79557591
>If I give you one apple 2 times, as in on two separate occasions I gave you one apple, how many apples did I give you?
one apple
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.