[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where have all the ACTORS gone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Harry.png (387KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
Harry.png
387KB, 469x750px
Everyone is so bland. I'm not even talking about actors in an artistic context. Harrison Ford may not have the most range but the man had a presence. A memorable face. Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Sigourney Weaver, I could go on and on. The previous generation's top actors brought something to the table that today's just can't. What went wrong? Whats so different?
>>
>>79552291
You ask "where have all the actors gone?" while posting a pic of the literal piece of wood that is HF??! gtfoohwts
>>
>>79552291
Yes there are no actors who act in cheesy Sci-fi or adventure movies anymore.
>>
>>79552291
You mean movie stars.
>>
>>79552291
Just lack of distinct faces. Actors of old could be ugly, but they had to be distinct, whereas modern actors all look like they're pulled from an underwear catalogue. I literally cannot tell all those capeshit and hunger games homos apart, they all look the same to me.
>>
>>79552291
Directors are too safe now and they make the mistake of either letting their actors do what they want at the times when they should be controlled, and controlled when they should be able to improv. Leaves every piece of dialog feeling tasteless and meaningless.
>>
>>79552291
I mean was he an A lister when most of his big budget movies were being released?
Like maybe a couple years down the road someone like Chris prat will be even more universally known because of the movies hes in presently.
>>
>>79552291
jake gyllenhall has this kind of presence.

beside we have big guy for you and driver dude. they dont have range but presence.
>>
File: couples (104)-1.jpg (115KB, 729x897px) Image search: [Google]
couples (104)-1.jpg
115KB, 729x897px
>>79552291
I like anne
>>
File: actors.jpg (89KB, 708x482px) Image search: [Google]
actors.jpg
89KB, 708x482px
>>79552291
They stopped hiring people based on their acting ability and started hiring people based on how pretty they are
>>
>>79553931
shut the fuck up you massive fucking loser. you are going to die alone anyway so just end your misery right now
>>
File: adamdriver.jpg (42KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
adamdriver.jpg
42KB, 650x400px
>>79553977
Sure they did anon...
>>
All the best and most natural actors were from decades ago, when naturally charming/interesting people fell into acting as a way to get out of whatever situation they were in.

Most actors of today do so out of expectation or nepotism.
>>
>>79554030
jews don't count, they get shoe horned into movies because of their ancestry
>>
They are still here
>>
>>79553989
what?
>>
>>79552291
>where have all the actors gone
>posts Harrison Ford
>Bruce Willis as another example

Just stop watching Hollywood schlock, theres plenty of good actors, they just dont star in your shitty capeflicks or hollywood blockbusters.

Also they started caring more about looks to appeal to the young girl market (hollywood just care about profit), so we have utter shit actors like Chris Pratt starring in the biggest productions.
>>
>>79554143
Classic actor right here
>>
File: 1386019110245.png (25KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1386019110245.png
25KB, 158x152px
>>79552291
>'member Rambo?
>'member Terminator 2?
>'member?

The "good old days" doesn't exist.
>>
>>79552291
It's going to get worse over time for some /pol/ conspiracy sounding reason. Teenagers all look the same these days, pale, brown hair, wide round blue/grey eyes, little noses, cutesy faces, etc., tell me you haven't seen a hundred other kids who look just like the guy who plays Carl in TWD.
>>
File: 1487299468377.png (1MB, 1187x714px) Image search: [Google]
1487299468377.png
1MB, 1187x714px
All the actors have to be very careful now to stay successful
>>
>>79553851
This. You can think of Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling whatever you want, but at least they make interesting movie choices which make them more memorable than guys like Chris Evans.
>>
>>79554198
t. kike
>>
>>79554474
Hmmm nootka
>>
>literally only talks about american stars form the past 30 years

you fucking meme go die.
>>
>>79552291
Young stars with charisma, charm, star power: Ryan Gosling, Mia Wasikowska, Emma Stone, Tom Hardy, Elle Fanning
>>
>>79554143
Paul Dano looks 70 and 20 years old at the same time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.