[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visual film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: spaceod.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spaceod.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
Last night I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey and Disney's Fantasia back to back. Both spectacular. What are some other good movies that use film to give use breathtaking visuals over plot and character?
>>
>>79552218
Koyaanisqatsi

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Samsara

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
>>
>>79552391
Thanks very much
>>
File: rtuk_feature_fall_00[1].jpg (124KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rtuk_feature_fall_00[1].jpg
124KB, 640x360px
>>79552218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0LYcCoeJY
>>
>>79552218
Barry Lyndon and a lot of Kubrick's later films have stunning visuals just like that.
>>
>>79552218
Batman v Superman
>>
>>79552544
Yeah, that's true. I've not seen Barry Lyndon yet, but I have seen most of hims other films. They don't use those visuals in quite the same way as 2001 I don't think though, 2001 simply presents them with classical music for minutes at a time, allowing us to ponder them and experience them. The others, while also being amazing films for the most part, use the visuals for different reasons and for shorter lengths of time.
>>
>>79552218
>2001 has no plot

plebe
>>
>>79552876
Of course it has a plot, but the plot is carried by the visuals. It's told to us in such a way that we have time to think about it while the visual spectacle carries us along.
>>
>>79552218
Any /grasscore/
>>
>>79552683
Barry Lyndon also has long scenic shots with classical music playing. Handel, Mozart, Rossini, and a few others are used.
>>
>>79552939
If you want something like that, watch anything by Tarkovsky.

The written narrative is just a plot device to propell the actual visual narrative which is the primary focus in any of his films.
>>
>>79552939

>but the plot is carried by the visuals.

The plot is actually written down in the novella.

They were created together and accompaniment pieces to each other. The book is the story, the movie is the visuals.

The beauty to the movie however, is it can be the visuals to a novella and it can be something on it's own if you prefer to put your own story on top of it.

>>79552218

As for the OP, The Fall is something that comes to mind.
>>
>>79552218
Explore the movies of david lean. Maybe some Ridley scott fringe movies
>>
>>79552218
Problem Child 2
>>
File: enter-the-void.jpg (26KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
enter-the-void.jpg
26KB, 354x500px
/thread
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.