[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

at what point did this channel shit itself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mtv.png (85KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
mtv.png
85KB, 2272x1704px
at what point did this channel shit itself?
>>
>>79550408
When was the last time they actually played a music video?
Perhaps it was when they ran The Real World, that was the bouncing stone which grew into the giant snowball of reality TV shit
>>
>>79550408
Mid 90s
>>
2006-2007
>>
>>79550408
>at what point did this channel shit itself?
when reality TV become more important than music
>>
When they dropped rock.
>>
>>79550408
2005 when YouTube was founded.
>>
>>79550408
year1 minute1
>>
2006-2008 after years of decline, the same when TV in general died
>>
>>79551265
Actually true, Rob and big is probably the last show I watched before I dropped it
>>
>>79550408
Early 2000s.

By then the channel had no reason to exist. It gave up airing music videos, the edgy programming it was known for was pretty much normie-core by then. One of MTV's main attractions in the 90s was it was the channel your parents didn't want you to watch.
Adult Swim was making and airing teen/adult cartoons. And then there was the internet, which was not just for nerds anymore.

Frankly it should have ended more than a decade ago.
I wouldn't have known it was still around if their unwatchable SJW garbage wasn't posted on /tv/
>>
>>79550408
1998 - when they started that TRL show.
>>
Around the time that The Real World started, if not before.
>>
File: 156898468847731.jpg (116KB, 611x613px) Image search: [Google]
156898468847731.jpg
116KB, 611x613px
no wonder why this board sucks asshole it's just a bunch of little shit faggots like >>79550897 >>79551265 >>79551672 >>79551693 who use the word kino
>>
>>79551797
this is what i was going to type.
>>
>>79550408
when they made "remote control" i thought it was out of place, should have been on vh1 or nickalodeon or wherever... back then i thought "this is a bad sign" and manalive i was so right.
then they made "real world" and realized their third repeat during the day had more audience than random old rock videos. add to that the odd rap explosion where they were criticized for years of not giving it enough air time then when "yo mtv raps " became a thing , the way i remember it , they repeated the show a few times a day . side note: i remember giving "yo mtv raps" a chance, i just sat in front of it ready to be wow'd by how cool these guys are and helping me to get me more knowledgeable about rap (i only knew run dmc, fat boys, beasty boys basically) and they shat the bed, it was as if they were tripping just sitting there not saying anything of value. i got mad turned off by their smugness and just checked rap 15 years later.
>>
Don't they have 2 channels now? One that actually plays music videos and the other that plays all their 16 and pregnant crap?
>>
>>79550408
When they went through their metal phase in the mid to late 80s
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.