[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are in charge of rebooting the DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: dc-universe-010.jpg (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dc-universe-010.jpg
577KB, 1280x720px
How do you do it?
>>
>>79547118
Sell it to marvel
>>
No Jewish tricks. Boom. Comics are good again.
>>
>>79547118

One word: Idris Elba Superman.
>>
File: roon roll.jpg (263KB, 907x1094px) Image search: [Google]
roon roll.jpg
263KB, 907x1094px
>>79547118
Cast Roon-Roon in every roll
>>
I make a contract with marvel and we build a beautiful crossover universe.
>>
File: 273144498.jpg (21KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
273144498.jpg
21KB, 500x312px
>>79547118
burlesque muscial
>>
Option 1

Take the best comic books and stay faithful to them.

Option 2

Hire a good established director or a new promising one and give him complete control.

DC's losing money anyway as it now, why not gamble?
>>
>>79547118
Write Mel Gibson a blank check and let him do whatever he wants. And if that won't do the trick, agree to fund all his current and future projects.
>>
>>79547232
Gib autistic waifu
>>
>>79547118

Start the movies off with superheroes people actually like, and by that I mean a Justice League where every superhero is Batman.
>>
>>79547445
Fuck you , I love Green Lantern.
>>
File: zack-snyder-batman-superman.jpg (515KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
zack-snyder-batman-superman.jpg
515KB, 1000x562px
>>79547118
Literally don't rush it
Order an individual film for each justice league member with various high profile directors DEDICATED to the source material but not direct origin stories. Keep them dark, with Batman warehouse tier action scenes, sprinkled with Snyder's religious undertones and Easter eggs subtle enough to tie the films together but not shoved in your face like Marvel handles theirs. DON'T introduce characters in the films where they don't belong. Then, have the best director out of all the DCEU films direct or co direct Justice League filled with DC storytelling to branch off and set up the member's sequels. This could lead into exciting and creative spin offs like JL Dark and Sirens without feeling rushed or forced.

Also thicker American accent WW
>>
>>79547118
remake Chris Nolans trilogy, only better and less cringy.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 214x317px
>>79547118
You know it would be kino.
>>
Just make it all animated.

That's the only way it can possibly work.
>>
Give Snyder another chance
>>
File: unmen.jpg (208KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unmen.jpg
208KB, 1440x1080px
I don't give a shit about the universe.

Just bring back Swamp Thing
>>
>>79547118
Frank Miller writes everyone a red pilled origin story.

Hack Snyder makes it look cool.
>>
>>79547578
This. Pat him in the back and tell him to start again.
>>
>>79547118
Make it fully Batman focused. Have Joker and Joker's henchmen as main characters that torment the city. The Suicide Squad play important figures.

Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Arrow and other members of the Justice League are killed off as it only comes down to Batman trying to persuade the Suicide Squad to help him save the city and stop Joker.
>>
Just hand everything over to Dini and make sure he has no power to create OC
>>
>>79547602
Frank Miller is the best comic book writer ever. It's a shame Snyder cannot fully do his adaptions justice on screen.

But I love Snyder's dark tone for Batman and DC. A shame Justice League is going to be comedic.
>>
>>79547578
This. He's the only one committed enough to stay with DC.
>>
File: 1487222946959.jpg (61KB, 758x676px) Image search: [Google]
1487222946959.jpg
61KB, 758x676px
>>79547585
this
>>
File: dark_knight_returns.jpg (135KB, 999x772px) Image search: [Google]
dark_knight_returns.jpg
135KB, 999x772px
>>79547672
TDKR and The Watchmen ruined comics for me.

Everything seems awful in comparison.
>>
>>79547578
He has the most experience.
>>
Hire Zack Snyder as the Director of photography.
FORBID him from meddling in any other part of the projects.
>>
There are only two ways

1) Continue making shit movies, sit out 3-4 superhero movies a year to fill theaters with super hero movies saturating the market and making superhero moviesi n general more tiring than it is

2)realize that its not about competition and that Marvel is where they are now because they took things slow, take a breather, take 1 or 2 years off and plan shit out
>>
>>79547118
Abandon the project completely and focus on the CWverse.
>>
>>79547731
More Kino
>>
>>79547150

Fuck that, I want to take risks. Id sell it to Fox.
>>
>>79547731

I loved Sup in TDKR, best subversion of any character I've ever seen

>They'll kill us if they can, Bruce. Every year they grow smaller. Every year they hate us more. We must not remind them that giants walk the earth.
>>
>>79547232
I'm game. Roll.
>>
>>79547436
This is the only way I'd ever pay to see another DC movie. Not even kidding.
>>
>>79547814
This
>>
All you have to do is start after justice league. Go straight to an adaptation of the JL war comic arc for JL2 with some "crisis" Easter eggs.

For batman a Tower of Babel adaptation could work or a more grounded approach could be a hush adaptation, Paul dini's hush not so much loeb's.

Flash could go dark with reverse flash or stick to a fun rogues gallery heist theme movie.

Man of steel 2 use lex Metallo and brainiac. Make it more hopeful, same Snyder kino themes just this time more helping the civilians of metropolis. Lex uses metallo, teams up with brainiac to defeat superman. Brainiac ends up turning on lex, superman ends up being his savior one again.
>>
>>79547814
I really don't think it's his fault. Firing Goyer would be a much more productive move.
>>
>>79547118
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini with a score written by Danny Elfman. Hand drawn animation. Basically just a continuation of the DCAU of the 90's-00's.
>>
>>79547118
Characters I'd be willing to give solo movies:
Superman
Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Teen Titans
Young Justice (MAYBE)
Red Hood and the Outlaws
The Authority/Midnighter
World's Finest

>Superman
I can't really come up with anything better than 1978 Supes on the fly so idk. I'd make Lex genuinely amusing as fuck though for one thing.
>Batman
Joker main villain in the first movie even though I don't really like the joker. Kills Jason Todd in this. 2nd movie Deathstroke as main villain, have Red Hood subplot and Jason working with Deathstroke or other villains to get to Batman like in Hush.
>Teen Titans
Tim Drake for Robin. Also Raven, Superboy, Starfire, Impulse, Cyborg and Beast Boy would be the main cast. Maybe chuck Terra, Cass Cain or Ravager in there but it's getting sort of big. Introduce Impulse in the Flash movie. Introduce Tim in Batman. Make it mainly from the POV of Tim. Main villain would be Trigon. Cyborg doesn't join JLA. Maybe make multiple movies.
>Young Justice
Not overly srs like the cartoon. It'd be funny like the '97 comic. Make this prior to Teen Titans so audience has more of an introduction to Superboy, Tim and Impulse. I'm adamant to add more members to the original trio, even though Lil' Lobo was great.
>RHATO
Reforming Jason, still dealing with his issues with Batman but trying his best to be better and trying to move on. Roy struggling with coming off drugs and depression.
>Midnighter
movie can be gory grimdark shit but no fucking Snyder filters. I want it bright as FUCK, would majorly retcon Apollo's personality since he's so bland and would need to be clearly differentiated from Supes, not that I'd have the two interact. Same with Jenny, she's not being an edgy little bitch and smoking or anything. She can be a normal, nice daughter that Middy and Apollo deserve because fuck you.
>World's Finest
Properly explores Clark and Bruce's relationship and dynamics. Buddy cop capekino.

Also a Robins team up movie I'd consider.
>>
>>79547118
>keep Snyder in it
>keep WB execs out
That's it, I just saved DCEU. Also, return of Hans Zimmer would be nice, his soundrack for MoS and BvS was fantastic.
>>
>>79550075
I don't know how the fuck to incorporate Dick or Damian in all of this but whatever, man.
>>
>>79547578
>>79547624
>>79547685
>>79547745

Are you guys being serious right now?
>>
>>79549665

GOYER ISN'T EVEN PART OF THE FUCKING BATMAN MOVIE, SNYDER IS AS EXECUTIVE PRODUCER. HE'S THE REASON WHY AFFLECK IS TRYING TO WALK, AND EVERY ATTEMPT TO FIND A DIRECTOR HAS FAILED.

THE MAN IS LITERALLY TRYING TO PULL AN H1B VISA SCAM WITH THE DCEU.
>>
File: superman-v-batman.jpg (16KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
superman-v-batman.jpg
16KB, 236x330px
>>79547118

superman and batman are young gay lovers
>>
File: old.jpg (175KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
175KB, 700x490px
>>79550285
That could be great but it destroys the possibility of a Midnighter and Apollo movie, senpai.
>>
>>79547118
Give it to based Dini and Timm. Then pull in some comic guys Like Scott Snyder or Jeff Lemire or Grant Morrison. You would have optimal Kino with these guys.
>>
>>79550215
I wasn't talking specifically about the batman movie I just meant goyer is garbage and should be fired. I doubt Ben is pissed cause of Snyder, snyder is the only one at least trying to bless us with capekino.
>>
File: justic league the musical.jpg (130KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
justic league the musical.jpg
130KB, 640x640px
The Full Monty League
>>
>Ditch origin stories altogether
>Start off with The Batman.

Batman, in his 2nd year, must race against the clock to find a young girl who has been kidnapped by the vicious pedophile known as Jervis Tetch. A noir through and through, no retarded gadgets or stupid over blown fight scenes. We get a real, honest to goodness human being Batman who is young, fallible, and overwhelmed by a new breed of Villain.

>Followed by Superman

In his second year, Clark Kent finds that fighting crime is far too easy, as Metropolis is nowhere near as dangerous as Gotham City. He gains fame, acclaim, and the love of Lois Lane yet feels underwhelmed as opposed to overwhelmed like Batman. The villain can be anyone really, but the key would be keeping the final battle small scale and contained somewhat as opposed to a Dragon Ball Z free for all
>>
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy lesbian movie
>>
>>79550778

they kidnap and rape batgirl
>>
Anthology universe of hour long vignettes, bucking the trend of linearity and giving us not just a cinematic universe, but a cinematic multiverse.

In one movie they adapt Batman Beyond and Clint Eastwood is a grizzled Bruce Wayne talking to Terry over intercom while in another Jon Hamm is playing Arkham Batman in a story we havent seen before. In one Superman could be played by one actor and fighting Braniac while All Star Superman is going through trials. Fuck linearity.
>>
>>79551051

unoriginal, derivative and boring
>>
1.- Ditch the comics, literally no one makes better adaptations than Snyder yet the most succesful capeshits have nothing to do with them (Nolan, Marvel, Deadpool)

2.- Movie 1: Batman, Gotham's Son. Starts with a kid Bruce Wayne crying over the corpses of his parents. The first act of the movie is Bruce being sent to some orphanage where he learns how to fight and sneak, go undetected, that ninja shit. First act ends with Bruce exposing some kind of shady stuff in the orphanage. The he goes back to Gotham and becomes the Batman. Detective more than vigilante, following leads and taking pictures more than beating thugs. Through his eyes we see how fucked Gotham is. Bruce finds only two people he can trust to do the right thing with the criminals/proofs he obtains: jaded but still honest detective Gordon and ambitious and reckless district attorney Harvey Dent. Dent was abused as a child by his alcoholic father who would decide if he beat him up or not by flipping a coin. He's fucked up, has violent outbursts and Bruce believes may be psychotic, but he's the best he can get. By the end of second act, the trio have managed to shame the city and the corrupt police force into acting against a particularly vicious mobster, who throws acid into Dent's face during the trial. Third act, Dent uses the dirty laundry he knows from powerful people and his contacts in the underworld to fill the power void in the streets. He goes full maniac vigilante, killing corrupt cops and politicians. Movie ends with Dent being captured and judged by his old "friends", and sent to Arkham. Reference to TDKR: fleetingly showing a glimpse of him completely disfigured as he has gone insane, but then his wife goes visit him and his face is again fleetingly shown to be without scars
>>
>>79547232
>>
>>79550778
>>79550875
I think i've seen this
>>
>>79547118
Don't batwank, don't meme, fire Snyder
start with Superman and Batman movies where there can be appearances or end credits scenes that tease other heroes
put in some memorable and liked villains (unlike Jesse's Lex and Leto's Joker)

also hire actors that look the part, fuck Gal Gadot, Henry Alopecia and Benibu Afliqqi the hamster motherfucker
>>
>>79547118
Keep the superheros in their own universe. Fuck teaming up. I mean why in the world would you need a dude that dresses like a Bat in your team when you face world ending threats every other week? It may work in comics because comic readers are even dumber than the average movie goer, but in a movie it doesn't work.
Also, leave the DCEU completely alone and just make a "The Boys" movie. M rated of course. End capeshit once and for all by making such an edgy film everyone would watch it.
>>
File: IMG_2973.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2973.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
Fire Zack, try to steal people from Disney to work on the project.
>>
>>79551198

3.- Movie 2: Batman 2, Last Laugh. Gotham has descended into chaos as a gang war has broke to take over Dent's criminal empire. Batman is investigating a series of murders in the underworld he thinks are not related to the mafia wars. Drug dealers, pimps and bums are getting slaughtered for no apparent reason. The Joker's character is introduced in an indirect, Crying of the Lot 49 kind of way, Batman sees signs of a new figure gathering the most vicious elements of Gotham criminal world but it feels like no one but him notices it. Gordon dismisses him as he thinks they should be focussing on the gang war. These hints need to be subtle enough that only someone looking for them would pay attention: drunks talking, paintings, urban legends, that kind of stuff. Batman knows something is going because criminals get increasingly scared and more and more willing to cooperate with him, as they feel this new threat is going to be worse than anything before. Then the Joker makes his appearance, a completely insane criminal covered with self inflicted scars and make up. He and his minions end the gang war by doubling down on violence and brutally killing everyone who refuses to join them. He also steals chemical shit and makes a lethal gas he uses to blackmail the city. Batman fights his way through his minions until he gets to him and they fight. Batman wins and the Joker is sent to Arkham
>>
>>79547232
rollo
>>
>>79547118

Make it a Batman-verse with characters like Nightwing and Red Hood. Fuck those other shitty DC characters like Aqua Man. Why even bother.
>>
>>79551051
This except fuck off with the 'hour long' shit. Make each one as long as they need to be to tell the story.
>>
>>79551198
>>79551687
>says ditch comics
>proceeds to copy comics plots
>>
>>79551051
I want a Batman Beyond movie to be more of a sci-fi movie than a cape movie.
>>
>>79547118
load it full of shitty OCs.
>>
>>79547118
Start with a straight adaption of morrison's action comics and a modernized batman year one
>>
>>79547232
roll
>>
>>79547578
give him a good script and tell him to tone down on the city destruction. he does kino scenes one minute, and then the next he completely derails the tone of the film. though, i think in bvs, he improved quite a bit.
>>
>>79547171
But Superman was created by a Jew
>>
>>79547232
check um
>>
File: IMG_0337.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0337.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
>>79547118
I'd put together a three-movie arc with some of the best Superman sequences and Bat-assery ever committed to live-action while making the overarching plot simultaneously a respectful homage to comics history and a subtle, veiled indictment of one of the most blatant and unchallenged forces of evil at work in the modern world.

Oh wait. Someone's already doing that.
>>
>>79547118
Live action Timmverse adaptation.
>>
>>79554661
This. I still trust Snyder.
>>
File: 1446588566930.jpg (102KB, 643x649px) Image search: [Google]
1446588566930.jpg
102KB, 643x649px
>>79547232
>>
I'd do the Buddy Cop Boomerang and Katana movie before selling the DCEU to Disney
>>
>>79547232
Suck it bitch
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.