[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>For my 401k!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1111forfrodo.jpg (63KB, 650x267px) Image search: [Google]
1111forfrodo.jpg
63KB, 650x267px
>For my 401k!
>>
the tax meme really shows how degraded /tv/ has become regarding memes.

perhaps it is true that after reaching the zenith, the sun always goes down (the zenith being bane)
>>
>>79544367
The darkest hour is just before the dawn
>>
>>79544367
nope. the golden age was L O S T then came the repetitiveness of Bane then we have these forced memes
>>
>>79544400
POTTERY
>>
File: fuck you fan.jpg (62KB, 355x276px)
fuck you fan.jpg
62KB, 355x276px
>>79544367
Butthurt Tolkienfag detected

Just admit that your pleb author is a hack who doesn't understand how ruling actually works
>>
>>79544437
Literally every meme is forced. That's inherently their point you dolt.
>>
>>79544367
It's an old /lit/ meme which is even worse

These lord of the redditors think they've made something new
>>
>>79544367
shut up cuck
>>
File: aragorn-and-boromir21.jpg (22KB, 605x321px) Image search: [Google]
aragorn-and-boromir21.jpg
22KB, 605x321px
My father is a noble auditor, but his rule is failing, and our people evade tax. He looks to me to make things right and I would do it. I would see the glory of taxation restored. Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The tax code of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its deductibles caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the tax credits or itemized deductions?
>>
>>79544464
This.

"File you fools" made me laugh though.
>>
File: auditry.jpg (30KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
auditry.jpg
30KB, 600x300px
>>79544437
You fear to go into those memes. The Dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... auditors.
>>
>>79544464
>he's not on /lit/ so he must be a redditor

Wew
>>
File: and my axe.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
and my axe.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>79544207
>and my tax
>>
>>79544367
>>79544464

Wholesome responsibility is the rising class of memes.

It's what happens when people get sick of critique and perpetual crisis.
>>
>>79544769
Meming is hard. This was maybe my answer to reddit, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Reddit had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the memes would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Reddit can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these memes? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the memes aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby memes, in their little meme threads?
>>
>>79544923
That quote's a good example of the differences between times.

Tolkien was writing a restoration myth, full of heroes and principles and noble deeds. And sold a hundred million copies to a generation exhausted but recently victorious in war.

Martin has been writing during an era of social decline and fracturing, full of tits and blood and chaos. His books fit the times and sell just as well.

Of course, everything wears out, becomes cliche, and the cycle reverts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.