[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: the-young-pope.jpg (69KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
the-young-pope.jpg
69KB, 1280x738px
The ending to S1 makes sense now

>God and I are simply dripping with imagination
>Now just try and imagining something with me
>In six months Italy will hold a general election, and you will try to maintain or increase your 41% share of the electorate
>I can restore the non expedit
>While a Catholic might disobey the Pope, they'd never disobey Christ
>I'm already the former, but believe me, if I want to, I can have myself accredited as the latter as well, and when I do you, you'll lose your election

What do you think, will he do it?
>>
>>79530043
>The ending to S1 makes sense now
Why?

I don't see the relevance of the threat that was made to the Italian Trudeau to the ending, nor do I understand it.

Also the
>I can have myself accredited as the latter as well
doesn't refer to him declaring himself the reincarnation of Christ, just intimating that Christ is speaking through him.
>>
Was this kino
>>
>>79530043
Of course not. That was a threat made by early season Lenny, end-of-season Lenny is a different person.
>>
>>79530973
>doesn't refer to
But it does. The ending of S1, combined with what will be the beginning of S2, will make that accreditation occur.
>>
>>79531131
Episode 6/10 and a plot line that was left hanging with major potential. Of course this is speculation, but I do think it is plausible. I would be interested to hear your own.
>>
S1?

There's gonna be a second season? How the fuck?
>>
>>79531131
>end-of-season Lenny is a different person
I don't think his "enlightenment" was phony, but he hasn't lost his taste for showmanship, and he certainly was pleased to hear he'd actually had an effect on the Prime Minister's politics. I forget if it was episode 9 or 10 where he hears that the PM was delaying a vote on gay marriage. Gutierrez convinced him that it would be wrong to bar everyone with homosexual impulses from priesthood, but that doesn't mean he's come around on gay marriage.

I dunno if I agree with OP that he's actually trying to "accredit" himself as the second coming of Christ. But whether or not it was intentional, he sure did put on a great show with that final speech. He made himself appear angry, mysterious and inaccessible with the first speech, then kind, forgiving and most of all VULNERABLE in the second speech, with his collapse at the end.

He's rallied public opinion to his side much in the same way he did viewers of the show, and if he didn't actually die in that final scene, he's bought himself a fuckload of political leverage.
>>
>>79531413
Props for recognizing that the world in the show's reaction to the Young Pope expertly mirrors the audience's throughout the season. There are hints earlier on but the way the show ostensibly moves back and forth between the ambiguities of faith and spirituality is perfectly executed.
>>
>>79531413
I don't think he will accredit himself. Others (the masses) will do that while he remains mysterious... the same as when he is questioned about his miracles.

Good point about the homosexuals. It could be more politically motivated, tax rates for the Church, that kind of thing. It could be interesting to make the Italian election a major part of S2, with many new characters.
>>
>>79531146
>what will be the beginning of S2
So you're saying Season 2 will not be "The Young Pope" but "The Second Coming"?
Shit bait.
>>
>>79532387
The show has left that option wide open, though. Who were his parents, again?
>>
File: 24-young-pope-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg (123KB, 1123x748px) Image search: [Google]
24-young-pope-1.w710.h473.2x.jpg
123KB, 1123x748px
>>79530043
Who's the real father of Esther's baby?
>>
>>79530043
how many years passed of his papacy?

That one shot in ep 9 of him at the beach leaving the photo, the kid seems way too old
>>
>>79532519
Seems like it was at least two years, from beginning to end. There was that nine-month time jump right after Esther got pregnant, and the seasons were changing pretty quickly in the last three episodes.
>>
>>79532515
The fact you're asking this question makes you a massive mong.
>>
>>79532599
that makes sense desu, matches how long it might have taken to get kurtwell
>>
>>79532519
>>79532599
Damn, I didn't think of that! I don't get how it fits with the statement >>79531413 pointed out. Hmm.

So what happens? Still the 'resurrection' but without Italian politics?
>>
>>79532864
What? Why do you think all of these things are supposed to be directly related? None of us know what "happens" after the ending

I don't think his final speech was aimed towards one specific political goal, but to solidify Lenny's power and influence by making him loved as well as feared.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.