[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOSTATIZE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: silence-2016-.jpg (432KB, 1313x2048px) Image search: [Google]
silence-2016-.jpg
432KB, 1313x2048px
APOSTATIZE
>>
JAY COCKS
>>
so why didn't he do it?
>>
>>79528084
>79528084
WHERE IS FERRERRAAAAAA
>>
File: padre.jpg (18KB, 308x360px) Image search: [Google]
padre.jpg
18KB, 308x360px
>>79528084
did he actually apostatize?
>>
>>79529816
He couldn't leave Japan because he made a public demonstration that he did.
>>
Give this video a watch if you want to see what the takeaway is for Catholics. The movie comes off completely differently to Protestants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Th7Tiz1cEk&t=105s
>>
I read the book in anticipation for the movie but didn't end up seeing it because it was hardly playing anywhere.
>>
>>79530072

Give me a quick rundown.
>>
>>79530434
>not a true Catholic for apostatizing
>nips are the real heroes for keeping the faith to the death
>the voice he heard in his head was not Jesus. Possibly his own delusion from being malnourished or possibly a demon

Whereas the Protestant belief would be

>he did the right thing, apostatizing
>religious icons can be a form of idolatry, so who cares about stepping on it
>jesus would want us to do anything we could to save lives

All of my Christian friends were devastated by this movie. It asks questions they never thought to ask themselves.
>>
>>79530583
wtf I hate protestants now.
>>
File: 1461853338199.jpg (532KB, 469x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1461853338199.jpg
532KB, 469x5000px
>>79530807
protestants are trash
>>
>>79528375
He still heard that one guy's confession, and he had the crucifix with him when he died, so probably not.
>>
>>79530841
Problem is the Catholic Church is an embarrassment these days. Guess I need to become an Eastern Orthodox.
>>
>>79531011
I go to an SSPX church. Is there one in your area?
>>
>>79530998
Still, Catholics would believe that he'd receive some sort of punishment in heaven for what he did. This movie will put you in an existential crisis if you're a Christian.
>>
>>79530583
>>nips are the real heroes for keeping the faith to the death
Why? There weren't Catholics. The Japanese couldn't properly realize what God was.

Remember, shintoism isn't your run of the mill polytheism. It's on a much grander scale. There's a reason why God isn't called kamisama, but Deus-sama.

The Christian God is literally just another diety in Japan.
>>
>>79531167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB-3xUFOFkY

Not anymore. Christianity in Japan now is full on non-denominational charismatic.
>>
>>79531041
Eh, yes apparently. I didn't know this existed.
>>
>>79531210
Yeah, now. Remember, the Meiji restoration brought along western ideals and thinking. Before that, it was just Buddhism and Chinese texts.

They didn't have the foundation that Europe had. They literally didn't start with the Greeks before the Meiji era.
>>
>>79531084
Intent matters. If he repented before he died he's probably just do a stint in Purgatory before going to Heaven.

>>79531167
>Why? There weren't Catholics.

Catholicism had been in Japan for decades by the time of the movie. There were already native Japanese priests. They probably understood it by then.
>>
>>79531425
Still many weren't fully educated. Just look at the speech Liam Neeson gives. That many Japs thought that in saying "son of God" they were referencing the sun, not Jesus.
>>
>>79531518
Some obviously grasped the concepts better than others. Even today most white westerners don't know the finer points of Christianity.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.