[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song to Song Trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

New trailer for Malick's Song to Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9t4SKWryWM
Get hyped!
>>
>>79526158
quite underwhelming. and this coming from a huge Malick fan.
>>
>>79526158
Malik is in my top three personal favorite filmmakers, this looks like ass
>>
>>79526158
looks like Knight of Cups 2: Autism Boogaloo
but I'm hoping it'll be closer to TToL or To The Wonder
>>
This looks formally the same as Wonder - Knight style.

So I love it already
>>
I wonder who keeps funding his blog movies
>>
>>79526832
>blog movies
kek. spot on
>>
I had little interest in it, but I love Runaway to death and no I feel obligated to see it
>>
>>79526158
>>79526502

yeah, same. i'll still see it because it's Malick, but i have little interest in it. cool to see Iggy (Jim) in the trailer. i've seen him around town a lot so there's that. not really feeling it, though. i've lost interest in the music scene in recent years. this doesn't seem like it will rekindle anything other than slight nostalgia.
>>
Question for Malick aficionados:

What were the budgets for To the Wonder, Knight of Cups, and Song to Song? Anyone know? Can't seem to find this info anywhere.
>>
>>79527360
Lubezki's wage and a blessing plus a slice of bread to actors and crew
>>
>>79527289
I'm sort of a Malick skeptic (seen TTRL and Days of Heaven with pretty mixed feelings) and I'm actually more interested in this than any of his other 2010s films. There seems to be more immediacy to this story/theme than the others, hopefully something to pull back against the spinning and poetics in films about more abstract concepts.
>>
>>79527360
Malick and kronies are rich as fuck from oil money so i can imagine the budget being somewhat inflated. But i bet a lot of the huge actors he hooks in do it for a reduced salary due to getting the chance to work with him and 'muh artistic integrity'. His guerrilla style of shooting and naturalistic free flow approach probably also reduce a lot of money that would usually be spent on sets/lighting/crews.
>>
>>79527360

I can't imagine it's a lot because they barely make any money at the box office, and I don't know how he gets away making these movies if they lose too much money.
>>
>>79527486
I agree. I think his later films (other than the tree of life and a new world which is very underrated) have not been routed in any tangible drama and solely been driven by internal conflict and philosiphy. Its nice to see something of his that will instill a bit of immediate emotion in me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.