[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Actors and Filmmakers with some kind of mental disability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: refnellekissreaction.jpg (2MB, 3294x2724px) Image search: [Google]
refnellekissreaction.jpg
2MB, 3294x2724px
>Stanley Kubrick - OCD (Asperger's is debated)
>Roseanne - OCD, Asperger's
>Nicolas Winding Refn - Asperger's
>Martin Scorcese - OCD
>Howard Hughes - OCD
>Leonardo DiCaprio - OCD
>Rose McGowan - OCD, Agoraphobia
>Daryl Hannah - Asperger's
>Len Weisman - Asperger's
>Tim Burton - Asperger's
>Dan Akroyd - Asperger's
>Robin Williams - Asperger's (rumored)
>Cameron Diaz - OCD
>Jake Lloyd - Schizophrenia
>>
you can hardly call aspergers and ocd disability, they are more like traits
>>
>>79522741
Tarantino is definitely a sperg.
>>
>>79522741
Almost all directors have OCD. It can be helpful to them.
>>
>>79522764
DSM doesn't even recognize Asperger's as a disability anymore, shrinks do love to treat it tho, helps pay the car.

As for the OCD claims, most people have personality disorder traits. They aren't considered a full disorder unless it becomes dysfunctional.

Schizophrenia and Agoraphobia are easily the most serious ones.
>>
>>79522764
OCD can definitely be a disability, but these people might just have mild variants of it. It's like with "autism", it can not be a disability or you can be one of those without speech and flail your arms around.
>>
>>79522981
>>79522764
Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia are all memes.
>>
>>79523047
t. someone who has none of those conditions
>>
>>79522741
Quirky behavior =/= Disability

See more on tumblr
>>
>>79523165
Nobody does.
>>
>>79523165
ADD and ADHD are well documented as being a psychologist's scam to get parents to shut up.
>>
>>79523224
Post source or get laughed at
>>
>>79522741

what are people getting mad at Renf about in that pic?

also OCD and aspergers are usually meme diseases when coming from an american, if you dont like to eat with your hands you must have a crippling disability and must buy 10K worth of pills from dr. goldberg
>>
>>79523224
What about dyslexia? How is that a meme?
>>
File: refnellekiss.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
refnellekiss.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>79523273
He's probably referring to this:
>In February 2012, the German weekly publication Der Spiegel reported in its cover story that Eisenberg spoke of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in his final interview, seven months before his death, that ADHD was the prime example of a "fabricated disease". Eisenberg remarked that instead of prescribing a 'pill', psychiatrists should determine whether there are psychosocial reasons that could lead to behavioral problems.[19]

>>79523276
Webm related.
>>
>>79523372
I bet that was his endgame. The only reason he made /lewd neck/: the movie.

Literally our guy.
>>
>>79523336
In the rare cases that someone with dyslexia isn't retarded on every level it just means that they're shit at something. There's no deeper condition.
>>
>>79523372

that is a bit cringy tbqh I wouldn't want my husband doing that
>>
File: Refn.webm (3MB, 532x300px) Image search: [Google]
Refn.webm
3MB, 532x300px
>>79523372
kek /ourguy/
>>
>>79523517
Imagine how cucked you to have to be to enjoy your man kissing another woman while he's making an ass out of himself.
>>
>>79523485
The reason they're shit at it is the condition though.
>>
>>79523592
>cucking your wife with a 17 year old for the whole world to see
how does he manage to be a chad even with autism?
>>
>>79522764

I have ocd and it used to take me 4 hrs to leave the house
>>
>>79523617
'no'

There's is no condition. There are people that can't read well and have trouble learning to do so, and they're referred to as dyslexics, but there's no actual condition. There's no distinction between "non dyslexics who have trouble reading" and "dyslexics".
>>
>>79523664
A bit too much. It takes me 30min to leave the house and about 1 hour to go to sleep.
>>
>>79523758
according to the national institute of neurological disorders, dyslexia is a specific learning disability that impairs a person's ability to read, despite having normal intelligence. if identified early, it can be treated. so it's a disability and not a meme. studies even identify a number of genes that may predispose an individual to developing dyslexia.

pardon me for listening to people with credentials over some random on /tv/.
>>
>>79522741

why does he wear the powertowel?
>>
>>79522981
Wasn't it rather the case that Asperger's isn't recognized as a singular mental disability anymore and was instead folded into being part of the Autism Spectrum?
>>
>>79524001
Basically a trait, but not dysfunctional (actually fully functional) enough to require specific treatment.
>>
File: 1463773051756.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463773051756.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
>>79523658
Elle was 18
>>
>>79522741

OCD is caused by repetitive tasks basically you experience a certain trigger that gives you anxiety because its not right for a reason and you need to correct that to feel good. It's basically your serotonin triggering incorrectly and far too frequently.

Say like a nigger touches you and you feel disgusted well that's the gut feeling OCD people have when they see a painting that is hanging wrong or and old number and dirty unorganised objects, areas.

It explains why such talented film directors have to get everything perfect, these people have nightmares and can't sleep or eat until everything is perfect. It's more like a curse to them while others just see as being overly committed.
>>
File: refn towel 3.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
refn towel 3.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>79524105

he looks like he has a chin here

wtf
>>
lived with a guy that was diagnosed with aspberger's. even got disability checks once a month during university. he was perfectly fine and a decent student, except for being a complete idiot when it came to social situations. he would stand in line for some concert and just randomly start talking about sexual transmittable diseases to randoms around him, because he was interested in it, and wouldn't catch on when people were signaling they were weirded out and wanted him to stop horribly awkward to be around when that happened. that's about it though, not sure if counts as a disability, but it could be if he ever wanted to procreate, he must have gone on 100 dates without getting laid during university. once he told me he leaned over the table to make out with some girl he had talked to for like 5 minutes at a restaurant, she rebuffed and walked out, he had no idea why and was upset.
>>
>>79524151
Either he lost weight or got surgery. During Drive and Only God Forgives he was the chinless wonder but shortly after finishing The Neon Demon he got a chin.
>>
>>79523165
t. someone who has all of those conditions
>>
>>79524131
Jesus, I understand now.
>>
>>79523567
Context?
>>
>>79524807
It's from a series of interviews, here's the first part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfu6AGkgHY
>>
>>79524900
Thank you
>>
>>79524900
>4 hours
refnkino
>>
>>79522842
You're retarded.
>>
>>79522741
>asperger's
ky's

>>79523664
I have OCD and I don't ever leave the house.
>>
>>79523372
based
>>
>>79522741
Paddy Considine is another one with aspergers

Richard Dreyfuss, Stephen Fry, Rene Russo, Francis Ford Coppola and Carrie Fisher have (or had) bipolar disorder
>>
>>79522741
Refn has a narcissistic personality disorder, he's definitely not autistic. His mother's overprotective education and praises made him too arrogant and shy to be at ease with other people.

Scorsese had a madonna-whore complex and he also seems hysterical.

Kubrick definitely had OCD.
>>
>>79525277
>that face at the end that says "well, I guess he's fucking my wife now..."
>>
Someone post the video of Kubrick as a boy dancing. I know sperg dancing when I see it.
>>
>>79522741
>all these bitter cunts mad AF because a successful older man kissed a teenage girl
>>
>>79522741
Spoiler alert: you can't be a successful filmmaker without being at least somewhat fucked in the head
>>
File: 1486762274873.jpg (106KB, 676x793px) Image search: [Google]
1486762274873.jpg
106KB, 676x793px
As someone who legitimately has OCD I am genuinely triggered when people self-diagnose. Your cutesy personality quirks are not mental illnesses, fuck off.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.