[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you watch movies in foreign languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1458906025591.jpg (371KB, 908x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1458906025591.jpg
371KB, 908x1365px
Do you watch movies in foreign languages?
>>
>>79517559
I watch movies in english, yes.
>>
>>79517559
I watch a movie in its original language.
>>
>>79517559
why the fuck would I do that. English is best language.
>>
>>79517577
this
>>
If it adds to the experience then yes I would watch the movie in their original language.
>>
>>79517559

No, not anymore. I don't read books anymore either.
>>
>>79517559

Is there still that debate in Anime fandom, about dubs or subtitles? Or has the fandom grown past that?
>>
>>79517559
Yes but i tend to avoid films in certain languages. I'm not fond of the korean language fir instance so it takes heavy praise to sit down with a korean film.
>>
who's the artist
>>
>>79517900

Dude, watch Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War. I rented the dvd from a local video store back when I was in high school. You should watch it if you like action and violence and gore and stuff. And yeah, it's in Korean with English subtitles. But still a good movie from what I remember.
>>
>>79517685
Same here.
>>
>>79517873
I dunno, but I'm sure /a/ will throw a tantrum if some mentions dubs. I'd actually watch anime dubs if they weren't so shitty.
>>
>>79517577
This.
>>
>>79518625
Well, dubs tend to lower the quality of the dialog.
>>
Of course. Why wouldn't i? Why are americans so fucking dumb? Can't they read?
>>
Most movies are in a foreign language to me.

I'm literally a frog.
>>
File: ig.jpg (191KB, 705x1096px) Image search: [Google]
ig.jpg
191KB, 705x1096px
>>79517559
Rarely, but when I do I tend to watch foreign movies twice, once with subtitles to follow the core of the story and the other time around without them. But it takes too much time

Dubs also only work for animation imho.
>>
>>79518625

I listened to this podcast episode a long time ago: http://www.anigamers.com/2008/07/ani-gamers-podcast-003-fansubbing-panel.html

Of course, these days are different since you can now legally watch anime with good subs on places like crunchyroll or hulu/yahooview.

But back then, fansubbing was rampant and they would even fansub anime that wouldn't be picked up by American distributors like Funimation. Also, not all dubs were that bad. Cowboy Bepop and Ghost in the Shell's anime series, I thought those were pretty good dubs.

Oh, I almost forgot, but in one or a couple of episodes by Anime World Order, the hosts did talk about how fansubbing groups these days would just hijack the streams of the legit streaming Anime and pass it off as their own, or something like that. I could be wrong, but there is just too many Anime World Order episodes to go listening to in order to find those episodes.
>>
>>79518625
It's because of the studios. Funimation basically has the monopoly on selling to America, so we get the same six crappy actors from them. I'd honestly edit and voice myself if I didn't have a ton of shit to do already. Fan dubs need a good team that does it out of passion.
>>
Yes. Why wouldn't I?
>>
>>79517577
This, also nipponese and a bit of french.
>>
>>79517577
English is the most kino language.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.