[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>La La Land is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1485613009753s.jpg (2KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
1485613009753s.jpg
2KB, 125x98px
>La La Land is good
>>
>>79515885
dishonest shitposting
>>
>>79516100
All you. Be honest for once.
>>
of course it's good look how many nominations it got :^)
>>
>>79516443
Go back
>>
>>79515885
It's bettter than Moonlight
>>
>>79515885
Whats worse is it's success will spout a whole load of new musicals. I feel sorry for those with girl friends, they will have to go through hell for dat mad pussy.
>>
>>79517917
Nah nigga
>>
>>79518005
You're a fucking nigger, you get no say. Moonlight was trash
>>
I genuinely don't understand all the praise.

I don't typically like musicals but I like to think I understand the principles.

Had a strong opener but after that absolutely nothing appealed. 2 hours of two boring people being boring. The songs weren't remotely catchy for one thing and the overall production was really bland for the most part.

What am I missing?

>>79517980
I watched it with my gf and a female house mate and they didn't like it. Mind you, my gf likes horror movies and edgy urban dramas and the housemate listens to scandanavian death metal or something so perhaps they aren't the best sample.
>>
>>79518062
>boring
>Thinks this is legitimate critique
That's just like, your opinion, man. It's homages to old musicals is nice
>>
>>79518104
It's cliche uninspired, unhonest, terribly written, acted and sung shit
>>79518055
Nah little nigga
>>
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>79518104

But that's the thing - after a strong opening, and the girls all gettign ready for the party the only other homage (to me) was the night time tap scene that they use for the promotional material. There didn't seem to be much else and those first two were in the first 40 mins.

If nothing of any worth happens in the next hour 50 mins then how is "boring" not a reasonable critique? Were you seriously entertained the full length?

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't past musicals have music that still gets played to this day? What single song in La La Land do you think is going to enter public consciousness?
>>
File: 1370094303811.jpg (13KB, 317x322px) Image search: [Google]
1370094303811.jpg
13KB, 317x322px
>musicals
>>
>>79518158
>stop liking shit
More like
>>
>>79518158
The irony
>>
>>79518062
>I genuinely don't understand all the praise.
Redditors who love one note actors like Stone and Gosling.
>>
>>79518147
>uninspired
It's obviously inspired by old drama musicals of Hollywood.
>unhonest
Not a critique and even if it is, it's a stupid one.
>terribly written, acted and sung shit
The actors together with the director had to change the character's motivations and what not. There's literally nothing wrong with the acting, it's not irredeemable. The singing wasn't even bad either.
>>79518147
Moonlight was trash, motherfucker. There's nothing you can say to change that.
>>79518164
It says nothing about the actual problems with the film, I wasn't bored by it at all so again, just your opinion.
>>
File: meralon munreua.jpg (550KB, 1252x1752px) Image search: [Google]
meralon munreua.jpg
550KB, 1252x1752px
Anyone know where it could be possible to find all Marilyn Monroe movies in 1080p.
>>
>musical
>good
Seriously, what the fuck are any of you guys on?
>>
>>79518257

So, unlikeable characters and bland production don't count? Opinions, I guess but yours is seriously suspect if you were entertained all the way through.
>>
>>79518289
There's nothing wrong with musicals, you pleb
>>
File: 1481724172014.jpg (27KB, 475x473px) Image search: [Google]
1481724172014.jpg
27KB, 475x473px
>>79518257
>There's literally nothing wrong with the acting, it's not irredeemable. The singing wasn't even bad either.
Maybe if you have shit taste
>>
>>79518289

>implying Grease isn't fun as fuck

ah, fuck you. You're on 4chan, literally no-one needs to give a fuck what you think you lugly little cunt.
>>
>>79518306
>bland production
I'm sorry it's not one of your blockbusters, bro. The production value was low. What was wrong with the characters?
>>
>>79518307
Maybe if you're a faggot, a teenage girl or a single middle aged woman.
>>
>>79518328
It's not Broadway level, but there was nothing wrong with it, it was passable.
>>
>>79518351
Bro, you have pleb tastes, I get that. That doesn't mean musicals are objectively bad.
>>
File: sad_keanu_2-608x809.jpg (103KB, 608x809px) Image search: [Google]
sad_keanu_2-608x809.jpg
103KB, 608x809px
>>79518351
I'm all of the above you prick
>>
>>79518331

I didn't think they had any redeemable qualities to begin with and their two arcs were at best cliched and at worst, sorry to offend you again, boring. Boring is perfectly acceptable critique when you're dealing with entertainment.

It was another movie that has serious problems integrating modern technology without buggering up plausibility. We know they have smartphones and, presumably, social media and in all the time that passes they never stayed in contact in any capacity? We just have a 15 minute fantasy sequence to go out on. I'm gla dyou enjoyed it, anon, I really am but it wasn't for me and I think I gave it a fair shot. The sheer aggressive publicity for something so dull is suspect to me.
>>
>>79518380
Such a great argument that it could be used against you by changing one single word.
Apply yourself.
>>
>>79518438
You are a pleb, you fucking cuck.
>>79518425
>I didn't think they had any redeemable qualities to begin with and their two arcs were at best cliched and at worst, sorry to offend you again, boring. Boring is perfectly acceptable critique when you're dealing with entertainment

Name one unforgivable quality in the film that makes it an objectively bad film.

>It was another movie that has serious problems integrating modern technology without buggering up plausibility. We know they have smartphones and, presumably, social media and in all the time that passes they never stayed in contact in any capacity?

Some people don't talk to their exes after a breakup, it's not uncommon. Did you need a play-by-play of them not knowing what the other is doing with their life? Maybe a scene where she deletes him off social media? Because that would be pointless and ruin the immersion of the old school/postmodern clash of styles it has.
>>
>>79518567
>You are a pleb, you fucking cuck.
What an argument!
>>
>>79518607
Not supposed to be an argument. You saying:
>musical
>good
Is hardly an argument
>>
>>79518567

I never said it was an objectively bad movie? At no point have I even hinted at it being objectively anything. I said why *I* didn't like it and I can't understand why others love it so much.

>Some people don't talk to their exes after a breakup, it's not uncommon
but that overflow of emotion and fantasy just comes rushing back? You don't feel like everytime she came into contact in life with Jazz in ANY form it wouldn't bring back the thoughts and feelings of Gosling? DOn't know what to tell you - it stretched plausibility too far and simply adds to the two dimensionality of the character...in my opinion.

>old school/postmodern clash
Well that goes a long way to explaining why *I* didn't like it. It fails to do either well - in my opinion.
>>
>>79518657
>I never said it was an objectively bad movie? At no point have I even hinted at it being objectively anything. I said why *I* didn't like it and I can't understand why others love it so much

Fair enough. I don't even like it that much, I just think it's better than Moonlight because THAT shit is trash.

>but that overflow of emotion and fantasy just comes rushing back?

I've never been in love but it probably happens just like that nonetheless. what with the idea of detaching yourself from all memory of them, it could happen. I'm detached all the way through though, so I don't get it either. Also the film doesn't say she never thought about Gosling's character, just that she never thought to look him up. Two totally different ideas.

>Well that goes a long way to explaining why *I* didn't like it. It fails to do either well - in my opinion

I think it does that just fine.
>>
>>79518764
>just implies that she never thought to look him up
>>
>>79518764

Cool. Haven't even seen Moonlght but my money says it gets best picture becaise of politics and that La la wasn't - in my subjective opinion - all that good.
>>
>>79518792
Don't watch it, it's garbage af
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.