[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this VOD schlock or is it actually good? I can't tell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: dog-eat-dog-16-poster-300[1].jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
dog-eat-dog-16-poster-300[1].jpg
45KB, 300x400px
Is this VOD schlock or is it actually good? I can't tell.
>>
>>79513092
Then you're dumb enough to enjoy it
>>
Started out with promise but was shit
>>
This film is a masterpiece.
>>
>>79514141
Why do you say so?
>>
>>79514202
It has so many amazing scenes. Amazing mixture of irony, sarcasm, comedy, drama. Both Cage and Dafoe are 10/10 in the film. Just watch it, it is really absurd film
>>
>>79513092
This sounds really good based on Dafoe and cage being in the same movie
>>
>>79514263
I have watched it, I was just wondering what you thought. I was into it up until the point that Mad Dog died. And then I was just mad at that bald faggot. The ending was kind of interesting with Cage doing Bogey in a dream like sequence in which I guess was him dying.
>>
good performances by cage and dafoe, everything else is just meh.
>>
>>79514358
Haha what an absolute nut job of an ending, I was laughing like a maniac during it, and loved how gorgeous it looked. When Cage amps up his Bogart impression to 11 and "so bad it's beyond anything to describe it" I was sold, yet again.

And dear lord the cinematography, how it varies! It can go from looking like a drama to the absolute dankness of the beginning ro the astral-plane like ending.
>>
>>79514408
and the murders at the beginning were extremely horrific, yet extremely hilarious (because of how well we get into Mad Dog's head).

This was pure exstacy kino
>>
>>79514408
The beginning hooked me right away with the weirdness of Mad Dog and his lifestyle, his strange delusions. Shame what happened to him, no redemption arc here, even though he really wanted it, it seemed.
>>
just watched it. it's ok but it's not classic Paul Schrader. I guess he'll never return to the days of Affliction and Auto-Focus.
>>
>>79515260
What did you like from it having freshly watched it?
>>
>>79515354
I liked the seedy look at criminality, and the dirty midwest setting. I also loved how unglorious the three characters were (the scene that sticks out is when they all strike out with the prostitutes). Dafoe was really good, Cage was OK as the straight man but i think maybe he phoned it in a little, and I really liked the guy who was Diesel. He was perfect for that role. and of course the flashes of insanity with Dynan's camera angles and the editing choices were fun to watch, but like I said Schrader has been so much better in the past. The opening fifteen minutes of this were easily the best part but it never quite reached the insanity of that.
>>
>>79515432
I agree that the first 15 were the most compelling. And then the last 15 minutes. Diesel was a little too realistic for my liking. An easily annoyed cunt with no morals that thought he was in the right no matter the heinous deed. Not a friend, but a traitor.
>>
>>79515595
I think Diesel was also the dumbest of the three. Just a big idiot who thinks he's above everybody.
>>
>>79513092
>well its a doggy dog world
>>
>>79515664
It's realistic, some fucking blockhead that belongs behind bars that's accepted into the crew because of loyalty. Mad Dog would keep his mouth shut around people that aren't his friends, not blockhead. He has too much pride or is too retarded for that. He's too busy being triggered by smells. He's bad at his 'job'.
>>
>>79513092
It's okay. Not quite kino, but a decent enough movie.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.