[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Kevin Smith's appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

What is Kevin Smith's appeal?
>>
>>79503174
he's your typical comic-book loving fat guy, with extreme low self esteem but an all around genuinly good guy.
>>
File: xtina2.webm (614KB, 988x986px) Image search: [Google]
xtina2.webm
614KB, 988x986px
>>79503174
None
>>
>>79503174
Made one good movie that fit the zeitgeist. Kept capitalizing on the zeitgeist. Lost his mojo a long time ago and he's just a personality now; he's a joke as a creative person.

He's also a surprisingly confident cringelord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_LEBu9lCQ
>>
>Flash episode
>Kevin Smith starts crying
>>
>>79503174
his wifes taint/brown clit area
>>
File: JUST.jpg (11KB, 154x171px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
11KB, 154x171px
>>79503219
whad did he mean by this?
>>
If only he had stopped making movies before Jersey Girl. And let's not even talk about his social media presence.
>>
>>79503174
He is a good humored guy who at no point claimed to be the auteur that hacky critics in the 90's labelled him as.

I used to find smith utterly loathsome, but he's just some dork who was inspired by the mundaneity of living in the burbs, working a lame job and trying to be 'his own person'.

Yeah, he's a bit of a brown noser but I think I would be too if it had even the slimmest chance of helping me create the media I want to.
>>
in the mid 90s semi-independent sorta-comedies with stylized dialogue were in vogue, and he rode that wave
>>
>>79503174
>a jersey embroidered with the peanuts version of himself wearing a jersey embroidered with the blackhawks version of his face.
Reminder that Kevin Smith spends thousands of dollars to have jerseys like these custo made to his specific design and measurements.
>>
File: 1330146026492.jpg (22KB, 417x517px) Image search: [Google]
1330146026492.jpg
22KB, 417x517px
>>79503279
>>
>>79503277

give him a break, he's so high all the time lol
>>
>>79503284

Foolish. Then he never would have made Tusk and the world would be worse for it
>>
>>79503174
nothing
>>
>>79503550

That must be why he's worth millions of dollars ad has a podcasting empire where thousands tune in every week to hear him talk...
>>
>>79503410
>spends thousands of dollars to have jerseys like these custo made
Good for him!
>>
>>79503550
>>79503568
Maybe his appeal is that he is not appealing, "just like us"
>>
>>79503305

So why's he get so butthurt at critics? He clearly bought into the auteur hype and then got all butthurt because not every script he shat out and filmed was gold.
>>
>>79503174

He's fun to listen to. He's got a quick mind and he's got some pretty interesting and unique films.

Besides, he's just a really genuinely friendly guy who's not afraid to poke fun at himself.

What's not to like?
>>
>>79503621

Do you have to think you're hot shit to be hurt when people shit all over something you're proud of?

Anyway, listen to him talk about the movies that get ripped apart by the critics. He's not happy about it but he's still making jokes about it
>>
I can't hate on the guy for risking everything to follow his dream and getting lucky.

Why don't you max out some credit cards and make a movie /tv/?
>>
Weed ruined him. Clerks 3 got cancelled. The Mallrats sequel isn't happening. Tusk and Yoga Hosers were so bad that no one wants to throw money at him anymore. The Jay & Silent Bob movie he's writing now is going to be as cheap and shitty as Yoga Hosers. I don't even want to see it
I used to be a big Kevin Smith fan and it's just so sad to see what an embarrassment he's become
>>
>>79503751

True. If clerks hadn't taken off he would have been in debt forever.
>>
>>79503174
He's made some really funny movies.

Just nothing lately.
>>
>>79503174
He's a fat loser who made it big so he gives hope to other fat losers.
>>
>>79503234
People don't mention this since he had a hot wife and he looks vaguely chaddish, but Len actually has aspergers.

Don't bully the poor guy.
>>
>>79503782

Bah, utter nonsense. Tusk was awesome and i'm looking forward to seeing yoga hosers.
Besides, he kind moved on from a move focus to a podcast focus and he's pretty goddamn successful in that arena.
>>
>>79503800
>what is bankruptcy
>>
>>79503219
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>79503815
>Really funny

He's made some funny and good movies, idk about really funny. I think he peaked at Dogma, that was his best work and it was REALLY good.

So to answer OP, when someone is capable of making something good, people often check on their new work. Smith certainly has lost a lot of cred though.
>>
>>79503851

i don't know?
>>
>>79503174
Manchild who shit out 1.75 good flicks. Plebs love him for comic books.
>>
>>79503568
> he's worth millions of dollars

lol no.
>>
>>79503751
>Why don't you max out some credit cards and make a movie /tv/?
I don't have a creative bone in my body. Everything I attempt is a shallow copy.
>>
>>79503922

Well last i looked it up he was worth like 20 million
>>
>>79503174
It'$ really hard to figure out. I$ it becau$e he'$ funny? Perhap$ he'$ got a great per$onality...I gue$$ we'll never know OP.
>>
What is Kevin Smith's wife's clit/brown/taint-area's appeal?
>>
>>79504022

...people like him because he's rich?
>>
>>79503174
he's pretty cool. Most fat, high, comic book nerd Canadian-loving Jersey boys don't get the chance to make the films they want (with famous talentd actors) and write n direct TV episodes of their favorite comic book adaptations.
>>
>>79504062

he does love fucking his wife, that's fir sure
>>
>>79503568
>podcasting empire where thousands tune in every week to hear him talk...
That says more about the patheticness of those people than him
>>
>>79504112
>he does love fucking his wife
that's the only thing he could fuck
>>
>>79503174
>you know i'm the mute from that pothead cult movie from the 90s
>>
>>79503174
The fact he's more likeable than Kevin James
>>
>>79504157

Meh, you can insult people for liking what you don't like if it pleases you.
Doesn't change the fact that he's wildly popular.
>>
>>79504159

....um, burn?

Also not true. He's had an absurd amount of pussy for a man that looks like him. And that was BEFORE he made it big.
Motherfucker lost his virginity at 12. Or maybe 14. At any rate he was getting his tiny dick sucked since he hit puberty.

Can you say the same?
>>
>>79504314
Now you're just creepy
>>
>>79504350

Sure am. For way worse reasons than that i've heard smodcast enough to know kevin smith's sexual history.

Still shut you up lol
>>
>That one anon who keeps sticking up for Kevin Smith
>>
>>79504159
Fucked Joey Adams when she was still hot
>>
Childhood is when you think Kevin Smith is Alpha.

Adulthood is realizing he is a creepy weird faggot beta loser
>>
>>79504431

which one am i?
>>
>>79504062
was this tweet kino?
>>
>>79504431
thats me, i'll forever defend chasing amy as a great movie
>>
>>79503174

He made some movies that came out when I was like 13 and were really cool and funny to my entire generation at the time.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.