[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COLOSSAL: Kaiju Movie With Anne Hathaway Gets New Trailer & Poster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Colossal.jpg (77KB, 700x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Colossal.jpg
77KB, 700x1038px
Thoughts, /tv/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hpm_BcHKE
>>
>kaiju
just say monster you weeaboo faggot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>Sudeikis

Nah
>>
her hair looks like dogshit
>>
>>79497731

>fucking up a relationship with Dan stevens and going back to jason sudekis

The fuck is this
>>
File: Gloria.jpg (350KB, 1000x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Gloria.jpg
350KB, 1000x1090px
Spoilers.

Gloria (Anne Hathaway) is a blogger who is fired after a misinterpreted joke triggers people online. She turns to drinking to cope, which strains her relationship with her boyfriend Tim (Dan Stevens), a banker. He breaks up with Gloria, who is forced to move out of his apartment in New York City and return to her parents' house upstate.

Gloria later runs into Oscar (Jason Sudeikis), a childhood friend who has a crush on her and gets her a job as a waitress at his bar. Gloria spends her days partying with Oscar and his friends Garth (Tim Blake Nelson) and Ethan (Austin Stowell), and one day return home to find out that a giant monster has materialized in Seoul and caused widespread destruction.

Gloria finds out that if she goes to a park near her house at a certain time of day, she is able to control the monster's movements, and shares the secret with Oscar, Garth and Ethan. Oscar finds out he also has an avatar, a giant robot, and makes a pact with Gloria to avoid the park to prevent the loss of innocent lives.

However, when Oscar admits to his feelings and gets rejected, he spirals out of control and begins harrassing Gloria, threatening to destroy Seoul if she doesn't obey him and bullying Garth and Ethan into complying with his actions. In order to escape from Oscar, Gloria must stand up to him, which also leads to an all-out battle between the monster and the robot in the streets of Seoul.

When Gloria tells off Oscar and he loses his grasp over her, the robot disappears. Gloria realizes the monster is a manifestation of her insecurities, and when she overcomes them by refusing to submit to Oscar, the monster disappears as well. Gloria then moves back to New York with a newfound sense of purpose.
>>
The music in the trailer makes it seem like it would be a comedy, is it?
>>
looks QUIRKY AS FUCK
I'll have to share this with my redditbros
>>
File: 407.jpg (180KB, 735x1101px) Image search: [Google]
407.jpg
180KB, 735x1101px
>>79497731
How does she have sex with the kaiju?
>>
>>79497859
Her hair looks okay

Movie has some nice colors and story looks entertaining

Also heard the Kaiju was made with practical effects and is making references to old gojira movies
>>
>>79497813
It's a genre, nerd.
>>
>We used the kaiju genre as a way to deconstruct toxic masculinity
Why do they keep letting Tumblr make movies
>>
>>79498177
it's the japanese word for monster. please go back to plebbit
>>
>>79497993
It's a dramatic comedy.
>>
>>79498239
dramatic comedy is code for a comedy that isn't funny
>>
File: 1450376537138.webm (865KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450376537138.webm
865KB, 480x480px
>>79497731
>second trailer after the trailer
>uses the same footage
>>
File: 1485107801215.png (636KB, 904x2992px) Image search: [Google]
1485107801215.png
636KB, 904x2992px
>>79498262
>>79498239
It's meant to be funny and charming and inspiring as long as you're not a straight male. You're not the target audience.
>>
>>79498043
>implying this isn't gonna be the greatest godzilla movie
>>
>>79498374
Unless they literally behead a male character and stick his head into a spear for being too macho I doubt this is going to be feminazi propaganda
>>
This a waste of horror kino
>>
>>79498353
looks like my grandmas dog who i used to kick in the face when she started to get sick and couldnt get off the couch
>>
>>79497963
>woman is responsible for the deaths of thousands
>she learns a life lesson in the process so it's OK
>>
>>79498702

Wow, it's the 2016 elections all over again!
>>
>>79497963
Sounds dumber than I expected.
>>
>>79497731
>Directed by Nacho "Holocaust was a hoax" Vigalondo

Have some tweets from this guy (in Spanish):

>¿Cómo se llamaba la película esa de Spielberg? Ah sí...Parque Judaíco

>A todo gas

>El niño del pijama de rayas se va de marcha

>Anna Frank´s catch me if you can

>Encuentros en la tercera fosa
>>
>>79498702
But the real evil was the beta male "nice guy"
>>
>>79497731
this is the film that tried getting away with using somebody's mazinger z fanart as its official press art right?
>>
>>79497963
>literally power rangers
Hum...that sounds really awesome on paper seeing that this is supposedly a dramedy at first
>>
I have no strong feelings one way or the other
>>
>>79497731
Neat, I didn't realize Nacho was directing this. Mildly interested now.
>>
Ok this is a complete cluster fuck, looks like a shitty version of Ava's Possessions
>>
>>79499060
Why not?
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f[1].jpg (210KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f[1].jpg
210KB, 800x770px
>Written and Directed by Nacho Vigalondo

>Nacho Vigalondo

>Nacho
>>
>>79497963
Dissapointing. Why she can't be happy making some destruction, why the guy wasn't happy being a friend and deciding that he would be a hero and commiting some mistake on the process. Why the fight wasn't about how both tried to fix the world, and then realizing there wasn't one way of doing it right or wrong? Why this wasn't about people controlling monster and was about muh personal inner battles?
>>
>>79499152
>A young woman recovers from a demonic possession
Woah really similar huh

That's like saying Colossal is an Evangelion rip off because they get to control giant things
>>
>>79499366
more to do with the whole style and tone the trailer is going for
>>
So here is how this movie should of played out

>Anne H controls kaiju
>kills millions in consequence
>the swat team takes her to jail
>she summons kaiju to take her out of the jail
>she breaks free riding the kaiju
>they both go to a far away hideout
>after traveling through the fairy tale like land, they arrive at a cave
>at night she takes her clothes off and they engage in hot sex
>in the following day the military of the entire world were warned and went after kaiju
>meanwhile kaiju and anne are kissing around the cave and traveling through the forest
>they find them
>lots of helicopters surrounding them in the forest
>a general threatens to drop an hidrogen bomb
>they attempt to escape but in vain
>they come to a deal and let anne escape while kaiju runs away
>a few days later anne is set free from jail due to lack of proof and circunstance
>she is coarced by the special secret forces to summon godzilla as she's the only one capable of doing so
>they take her to an island
>she summons godzilla, holding back tears
>as godzilla appears, the men drop a last generation timer nuke at him
>the police takes anne away to a plane, jason sudeikis with her
>one last stare, their eyes meet, godzilla looks at her with defeated eyes, as he remains still on his role
>after many flashback memories it is revealed that kaiju is actually dan stevens
>kaiju closes his eyes, a bright explosion is seen, reaching and finaly engulfing the plane
>movie ends unsure on whether they made it or not
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.