[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

What went wrong?
>>
Too much plot
otherwise scenes are better than the first but it try to be departed or internal affairs which one you prefer
>>
>>79493049
Nothing.
>>
No diversity
>>
Higher budget meant losing focus bout what made the first great. Went from claustrophobic against all odds fighting movie to some departed rip off with high speed car chases. Anyone who says this is better or perfect should kill themselves. My point will be made when the 3rd one is sold as "Going back to its roots".
>>
>>79493049
the stunt reel as a movie thing only works once
>>
>>79493326
They're making a third one?
>>
>>79493049
Nothing. First one was better but this was also good.
>>
>>79493372
no, his argument is that if they ever do make a third, they will most definitely describe it as "going back to its roots"
>>
>>79493372
Yes it was always the plan but the director said it won't be for a while.
>>
>>79493049
Generic plot. Also, how come none of the henchmen had a fucking gun?
>>
>>79493515
In the car chase scene weren't they attacking his car with knives? I vaguely remember how stupid that was.
>>
>>79493415
The third one is in production now iirc
>>
I liked it even if the plot was fucking awful. The signature weapons were cool af.
>>
>That corridor fight scene where the guy gets impaled on a splintered door frame
The Raid 1 is easily a top 3 action movie of all time. 2 is pretty great too but not the same tier
>>
File: the-raid-movie-image-1.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
the-raid-movie-image-1.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
>>79493049
It wasn't really about a "raid" anymore and went full-on circlejerking over action and martial arts. Not bad kino by any means tho

I still prefer the first one
>>
I hope in the 3rd one that actor who keeps dying and reappearing fights alongside the hero. That guy is awesome.
>>
>>79493049
>What went wrong?

Anime fight scenes.
Nothing to do with previous movie.
Shitty prison drama.
>>
>>79493709
>Anime fight scenes.
This. Movie made somewhat sense and was somewhat realistic then out of no where, reject King of Fighter characters came to fight the hero.
>>
>>79493515
Not everywhere is like America where everyone has a gun. That's why Jackie Chan doesn't get unloaded with bullets in all his movies.
>>
it was great

fuck off
>>
>>79493741
>baseball bat to.....hit baseballs to kill

It was sad that so many on /tv/ were jerking off to that character.
>>
dumb plot with gimmicky fights
>>
File: kanjiklub_b2344601.jpg (416KB, 768x431px) Image search: [Google]
kanjiklub_b2344601.jpg
416KB, 768x431px
I feel the raid 3 lost me when they decided to go into outer space. What a weird way for the series to go. Same thing happened to leprechaun going to space then going to the hood
>>
>>79493049
Too fucking long. Only watched it twice because eventually it just feels like a fucking chore to finish.
>>
>>79493197
The movie is called Infernal Affairs. Why does no one ever get the name right?
>>
>>79493863
Weren't they supposed to have a bigger role and this was like a consolidation gig?
>>
>>79493820

Car chase might have been better than anything the first one did.
>>
I only saw the first one, and honestly thought it was boring.

The fight scenes went on too long, to the point I stopped caring.

Never felt that way about a movie before.
>>
>>79493049
not as focused as the first and plot kind of drags, Still great though and technically better than the first one
>>79493863
Is that TFA? I didn't even notice
>>
>lets make a knockoff internal affairs because people want to see that shit a 3rd fucking time especially since that is what the first raid wasn't know for

Fuck them. They have to earn me back if they want me to pay for a 3rd.
>>
TOO FUCKING LONG

2 hours and 30 minutes is just too much to watch dudes beat the shit out of each other.

The last half is really good though.
>>
>>79493863

I remember how excited I was. I was just waiting for Rama to get a lightsaber and see the damage he could do. I was highly disappointed.
>>
This movie series is literally the only thing Filipinos are known for.
>>
>>79493049
You. Its awesome.
>>
>>79494049
It was made in Indonesia.

Filipinos only made The Nutshack.
>>
Story in 2 was a bit undercooked but the action is great. Kitchen fight > everything in the first movie.

I like them both equally.
>>
Nothing. It's great.
Like it better then one.

It's my fave gangster family epic and general action movie
>>
>>79494092
Kitchen fight is way worse than the Mad Dog fight in the first.
>>
>>79493568
in production or they've said they're gonna make it but really haven't done anything?
>>
>>79493049
Nothing faggot
>>
>>79494140
what would be the point of a 3rd one anyway?
>>
>>79494172
what would be the point of any movie?
>>
Kinonesia
>>
So half this thread is people saying sucks. And half saying it's amazing.

Who to believe.
>>
File: Raid[1].jpg (176KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
Raid[1].jpg
176KB, 640x436px
Reminder that the American "reimagining" of The Raid is finally happening and it's going to be shit.
>>
Videogame structure didnt have enough bosses. GIVE ME MORE BOSSES
>>
>>79494347
None but yourself, anon.
>>
>>79494347

Welcome to 4chan, where opinions mean nothing. Watch it yourself.
>>
>>79493049
I liked it better than the first, and enjoyed the (((plot))) elements and over the top manga style villains.
>>
>>79494365

It's called Dredd and its already been made.
>>
the car chase scene is so fucking good
https://youtu.be/ErrRhXItBWc?t=1m44s
>>79493372
>>79493568
only announced that it will be made at some point, Evans is making this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6217306/
>>
>>79494365
A shame...frank grillo deserves better
>>
>>79494365
Joe Carnahan churns out kino after kino, The A Team is criminally underrated and one of the best action movies of the past decade. Stay pleb
>>
>>79494365
is it even going to have kung fu?
I dunno why they need to specifically remake it, It's not like the premise is particularly original in the first place
>>
>>79494479
no he doesnt
>>
>>79493049
nothing you cock raiding faggots
>>
>>79494135
ehhh I disagree. Mad Dog fight gets a bit repetitive imo. Whatever floats your boat tho, anon.
>>
>>79493049

the meme characters towards the end, but still 11/10
>>
Too long, the inclusion of the Yakuza gang was annoying, they killed the brother too early, and the inclusion of mad dog actor as some other character was distracting.
>>
It's fucking better than the first one you mongs. If you wanted more of the first movie go back and watch the first movie again. The Raid 2 does everything a sequel should while retaining that breakneck pacing and wild action choreography that made the first one so successful. It widens the scope of the film (which allowed for some truly great looking shots and settings like the car chase camera work and the empty restaurant) and adds layers of complexity over top of the base plot of a lone police badass climbing a structure in order to bring down a criminal empire. Literally every aspect is better. The characters are better. The cinematography is better. The writing is better. Even the sound design is better. In the sequence where each of the three henchmen with signature weapons are executing a different mission they're so clearly yet subtly and cleverly characterized...the antagonists are wildly better, with their own dramas and subplots now, performed well and with interesting motivations such as loyalty and ambition. The protagonist is better! Once fairly faceless, with "muh pregnant wife" serving as the beginning and end of his development, this cop is now leading a double life and isn't sure which one suits him best. Conflict becomes apparent as he realizes how much he enjoys the violence he once saw as an ugly necessity. It's just a better movie, and if you don't agree then you probably had a hard time reading the subtitles and watching the movie at the same time.

The Raid is amazing. The Raid 2 is better.
If they're making a third one there's no way it lives up to my expectations.
>>
>>79493863
HOLY FUCK i never noticed that
>>
>>79493741
>King of Fighter characters
You mean Rival School
>>
>Villain wasn't as cool as Mad Dog
>Movie is so long that fights just get repetitive and boring
>Too much plot
>The girl with the hammer and the guy with the baseball bat felt like they were taken from some shitty anime
>>
>>79493787
>waaah waaaah fun not allowed
>>
>>79495967
I agree. The two films are essentially different genres. If it were feasible I'd advocate to just split the series up, continue making no-nonsense action flicks in the vein of Raid 1, essentially a stunt/martial arts reel, and a series like Raid 2 that has elaborate action but also very good drama and thriller plots.
>>
>>79494365
Hey, it's that guy who always plays the same character.
>>
>>79493863
Why weren't there roles bigger?

Does JJ hate dinks?
>>
Nothing really.
As a standalone movie it's a solid martial arts movie with a fine plot. People like >>79493326 who tend to compare it with the first are wrong. Raid 2 has nothing to do with the first. Other than the fact it has the same protagonist, everything else is different. Hell, they even kill the brother at the beginning to cut every possible loose end and make a completely different movie from the beginning and market it as a sequel.
I mean, you *can* compare it to the first but I think comparing them as similar or saying one should have been more like the other is wrong.
>>
>>79495967
>breakneck pacing

disagreed
>>
>>79495967
the pacing is completely different it's more of a gangster film than an action kung fu flick
>>79495324
yeah that guy playing the other character was confusing but he's the fight choreographer so maybe they just had to give him a part
also was the bar scene supposed to take place in japan or something because I know for a fact that it has never ever snowed in Jakarta
>>
Too many bad guys. Other than that can't say much.
Great actions scenes, specially the fight at the prison courtyard.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.