[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20150614_162342.jpg (28KB, 298x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150614_162342.jpg
28KB, 298x362px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
manlet rage
>>
anime
>>
>>79486519
Getting superpowers when you are a teenage boy. Plus, he hated himself for being inferior to his peers.
>>
KAAAAAAANEDAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>79486519
>there are people who watched the anime but never read the manga for Akira
Usually I feel smugly superior towards plebs, but in these cases I just feel sorry for them.
>>
>>79486545
HARUUUUUUUUUUUHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>79486562
In this instance I'd say that both the movie & manga are different enough for them to each have their own merits and be uniquely enjoyable in their own way.
>>
>>79486519
Male inferiority, Kaneda was a Chad.
>>
>>79486562
this, after reading the manga anyone who watched akira and didn't read the manga I instantly stop relying and filter.
>>
File: KAAAAAAANEDAAAAAAAAA.png (18KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
KAAAAAAANEDAAAAAAAAA.png
18KB, 1280x640px
>>
>>79486519
His height and hairline.
>>
I will say, out of their group of bimbo roasties, he had the prettiest.

So even if he was a manlet, not everything was totally bad.
>>
>>79486885
also he wasn't a manlet towards his peers
>>
>>79486667
Trash
>>
>>79486519
>balding at age 13
I would've acted the same t.b.h.
>>
>>79486525
>>
>>79486519
why is it always teenagers with this anime fucks
>>
>>79486562
after reading the manga I'm convinced that kaneda has either invincibility or ultimate luck
>>
>>79490299
That's the point of the movie to be fair.
>>
>>79486562
I wouldn't even really say the manga is just better because we are talking about two 10/10 achievements in both mediums, this is a really rare case. Both the anime and the manga changed history to some extent.
But yeah people definitely should read the manga, the movie doesn't even really compare because it's so drastically different.
>>
>>79490299
This usually turns me off as well but with AKIRA it's actually completely justified within the subtext of the work and the universe they live in.
This is a story that wouldn't work without teenagers.
>>
>>79491660
Maybe the film is better than I remember, I watched it ages ago, just after I had read the manga and I was annoyed at the changes. If I remember the colonel isn't that interesting in the film, whereas he is probably my favourite character in the manga. Doesn't it also basically cut out all the post-apocalytic bits?
>>
>>79486519
The moral of the story was that betas are betas for a reason. Give them power and they fuck everything up.
>>
>>79486519
>CANADAAAAAAA
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79491802
Literally this. Not even as a joke, the only two messages I got out of this film on my many rewatches of it, were "Japan STILL isn't over the nukes" and "power should be kept away from those with major inferiority complexes". I think there may have been something about bureaucracy, stagnation and drug abuse in there too but they kinda brush over that shit.
>>
>>79491732
The film had to trim the more extensive details of most characters and some of them got removed (Chiyoko is one of my favorites and she was completely removed) or reduced to cameos (Lady Miyako being another character that I like but also got shafted).
The Colonel has a prominent role and the movie does keep the most important parts of his character pre-apocalypse. I found him interesting the first time I watched it but he's obviously not as interesting as he is in the manga.
There is none of the post-apocalyptic stuff in the movie as well. Which upsets me because the manga only really gets going after Neo-Tokyo gets destroyed where as in the movie that's where it ends.

But it's not really fair to judge the movie under these things because the lack of these things don't really hurt the movie, and it's unreasonable to expect the movie to possibly condense all of them. The manga wasn't even finished by the time the movie was released, and it was directed by the creator of the manga in the first place. It's like 2001: A Space Odyssey where reading the novel is not necessary to judge or enjoy the movie but you can read it if you want more (although I personally don't think the 2001 novel is anything too great but I digress).
>>
>>79486525

fpbp
>>
>>79492204
>memeposter
>best post
Yeah, if you want /b/, it must be
>>
>>79486525

This.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.