[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNL Obama Blackface

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Fred Armisen.jpg (75KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fred Armisen.jpg
75KB, 1200x1200px
Reminder me again how the fuck they got away with this?
Fred kept this up until 2012.
Just five years ago, a Venezuelan-German-Japanese man wore blackface every Saturday to play Barack Obama on the most popular and influential late night comedy show--and nobody gave a shit.
Imagine if this happened today?
Imagine if, say, Beck Bennett started playing Obama?
Imagine the outrage.
So, how the FUCK did they get away with this?
>>
>>79483470
>So, how the FUCK did they get away with this?
Why are you so puffed up over it? Who cares?
>>
>>79483470
He actually looked like Obama, who was half white anyway.
>>
he was already semi-brown to begin with
>>
He's not wearing blackface.
>>
>>79483470

White supremacy was much more rampant back then. Hopefully Trump and Pence will get impeached soon, and Paul Ryan will call a special election, allowing Clinton to get in. Once that happens, white supremacy can finally get dismantled
>>
>>79483470
>Its another "op tries to make people get angry over nothing" episode
>>
>>79483478
Because it's absolutely mind-bottling that a non-black man played the most famous black guy in the world and nobody gave a shit--and it was only 5 years ago.
If Fred did it today on Portlandia his career would be over.
>>
>>79483470
because it wasn't done to perform a racist caricature

it was done to better resemble somebody from real life
>>
>>79483587
>the most famous black guy in the world
Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, and Redd Foxx are way more famous than 44
>>
>>79483578
so every thread on the board then?
>>
>>79483514
>special election
Wow, you really are a special kind of stoopid.
We have a line of succession.
Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, would become president if Trump and Pence were removed.
>special election
Unconstitutional, it'll never happen. Expect civil war if anyone even tried it.
>>
>>79483470
who cares
>>
>>79483602
>sanford and son more famous than obama
Bait
>>
>>79483640
Without a doubt 100% true and you know it. Sanford & Son was a cultural phenomenon. Barack Obama was a lame duck.
>>
>>79483470
because he resembled him the most out of anyone in the cast.
>>
>>79483667
Nobody outside of the US has heard of, let alone seen Sanford & Son.
Same goes for anyone under the age 40 in the US, with the exception of those who have ever tuned into TV Land.
But literally every person in the world knows who Barack Obama is. Doesn't matter if he was a lame duck and a shitty president.
>>
what about george jefferson he was pretty big
>>
File: kohn.png (60KB, 634x435px) Image search: [Google]
kohn.png
60KB, 634x435px
>>79483614
>Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, would become president if Trump and Pence were removed.

Yes, he would call for the special election dumfuck. It's pretty straight-forward, unless you're a raging moron
>>
>>79483703
>Nobody outside of the US has heard of, let alone seen Sanford & Son.
any facts to back that up?
>>
>>79483698
And yet leftists today would lynch a white person for donning blackface.
Where were they from 2008-2012 when SNL was doing it every weekend?
Member all the shit Hillary Duff and Chris Hemsworth got for dressing up like Native Americans for Halloween?
>>
>>79483725
is this the idiot whose eight year old son asked if Trump was worse than Caesar?
>>
honestly I don't think there'd be much outcry today either. big difference between a racially ambiguous hispanic guy and Beck Bennett
>>
>>79483743
Trump might be worse than Caesar, only time will tell
>>
>>79483725
6/10, you're making me reply.
The Speaker of the House does not have the authority to call a special election. Nobody does. That's because it is not a power granted to anyone or any body in the constitution. The only scenario in which a special election would be considered would be if every member of the presidential line of success died or was impeached and removed from office--which would mean the entire executive branch would have to removed.
It ain't happening, you lesbian piece of shit.
>>
>>79483470
Obama was half white, also black face is funny.
>>
>>79483470
Because Fred isn't black, but he's "something"
>>
>>79483470
I think people don't understand what black face really is. It's way more than just tanning your skin, now if he had huge lips, and the make up was pitch black it'd be black face because it comes from racism, not trying to accurately portray someone
>>
>>79483750
>>79483750
Oh c'mon.
There'd be rage pieces in HuffPo, Salon, Jezebel, Salon, all the leftist rags.
Armisen would be fired due to the backlash.
Lorne would possibly even be removed by NBC.
Never underestimate the influence of BLM and black twitter among lefitsts.
>>
Because he looked more like Obama than Jay Pharaoh(who is a nigger like Obama BTW).
>>
>>79483858
>Because he looked more like Obama than Jay Pharaoh
You mean Kenan Thompson, the only black dude on SNL from 2008-2012.
Jay Pharaoh took over Obama when he joined the show and Fred left.
>>
File: Golliwogg.jpg (11KB, 220x186px) Image search: [Google]
Golliwogg.jpg
11KB, 220x186px
Sit down an listin' childen. Let 'ol missa Golliwog tell yall da histry of blackin up. See, it use tuh be that a white man, who we use'd call "massa" would entertain hisself and the missus by puttin' shoe polish on hissa face. Now he woulda usually leave the area round his mouth clean, cuz boy did that shoe polish tatse like the devil, and lordy lordy did he holler and shout if golly did'n apply that polish all correct-like. Now massa would invite all his friends round and they would wear Golli's clothes and imntate Golli's songs like "Forty Hosses in de Stable" and "Lynch dat Tar Baby Like a Kentucky Hog". Why they would even do Golli's "Genuine Negro Jig". It were a mighty fine affair you see. People would come from miles and miles to see mass do Golli's songs. And afterwords mass would let Golli sleep in the stable next to the hosses. Massa sure wassa nice to Golli.

Course nobody do that nomore.
>>
>>79483614
>Expect civil war if anyone even tried it.

hahaha, do you think we are in poland or some other backwater shit country? Sorry pal, at the absolute most violent there would be a court battle.
>>
>>79483731
I live in the US and i don't know who/what Sanford & Son is. I don't think I've even heard anyone say the name before. So I'm guessing at the very least the under 40 estimate is somewhat accurate.
>>
>>79485322
you never heard this?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl71DM84Wc4
>>
>>79485438
I have heard that song in several shows, never really bothered to connect it to the source material. I think it might have been used in scrubs or 30 rock. Don't know if that really counts and knowing what it is though.
>>
>>79483743
>worse than Caesar
kek
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.