[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes this show the GOAT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: BreakingBad.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BreakingBad.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
What makes this show the GOAT?
>>
>>79481511
>>im a white male under 35
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>79481511

>great performances all around
>remarkable cast of characters with rich inner lives
>always focused on a thrilling plot
>cinematography that could be sometimes beautiful, sometimes strange, yet always meaningful
>use of subtle symbolism always ensures rewarding rewatches
>>
>>79481511
Was really well acted, Walt's rebellion against modern numale society made for themes not often explored in media today since they're usually too busy glorifying numales.
>>
Good directing. Even in top tier shows like the sopranos, they don't usually focus on good shooting. They just go shot reverse shot, lots of close ups on face, really boring stuff. It works but it's not amazing. Also the focus on the plot at all times. There are some episodes where it there is too much of the female characters who suck ass though, that's the only part of the show I don't like. Skylar is a psycho.
>>
It would be GOAT if someone re-edited it to remoVe Skylar and Hank's wife.
>>
>>79481890
Literally nothing wrong with either of them.

>Skyler's a bitch!

Doesn't mean she didn't belong on the show. That was her role and she played it well.
>>
I lost interest in season 2 or 3. There should be less scenes with the wives. They're boring
>>
>>79481511
Retards shilling because #2deep4me
>>
>>79481917
Her acting made her come off as a psychopath with the breathy way she says every line and her wide eye movements whenever she encounters something she didn't like which happened to be everything in the show.
>>
>>79481511
>What makes this show the GOAT?

Well, so long as you're pretending the last season doesn't exist
>>
It's well done, but I didn't find it especially entertaining. Spartacus was better. Neither Walt or Jessie are characters you really care about. They're not bad characters, and they are skillfully handled, but I found myself more interested in the stories of Tuco and Hank. I don't care what happens to Jessie. I don't care what happens to Walt. I don't empathize with either of them. Plus, it drug on too long. It needed to be a little shorter.
>>
>>79482028
>Spartacus was better

Spartacus was absolute dogshit, get the fuck out reddit.
>>
File: Jmrphbr.jpg (319KB, 1200x898px) Image search: [Google]
Jmrphbr.jpg
319KB, 1200x898px
>>79481626
Here's to you, son.
>>
>>79482154
Yea, it wasn't a masterpiece. I'll even admit it was made with less skill than BB. Or even, maybe I just have bad taste. But it entertained me more. At no point in Spartacus did I feel, about the main characters: "God, this guy is such a complete piece of shit person. When is this episode going to be over?"
>>
>>79482154
Not him, but the first season of Spartacus was amazing. Shame the actor died.
>>
>>79482464
>At no point in Spartacus did I feel

I take that back. The first episode was shit
>>
>>79481511
Walt really went out of character in my opinion once he made enough money.

>muh drug empire
what the fuck was that?
>>
>>79484365
he got addicted to it
>>
>>79481511
>What makes this show the GOAT?

Nothing, it's subpar at best.
>>
It has the same effect on lower middle class 20 somethings who fancy themselves hard that the sopranos did in the early '00s.
>hurr say my name
>durr i am the one who knocks
>>
>>79484763
Who the fuck gave you permission to talk you fucking tripfagging piece of trash? Never post on my board ever again.
>>
>>79484365
He sold out gray matter which could have made him a billionaire. Then he was mediocre and humiliated for years. He wanted to take it all back, the power, wealth and most of all status. Also he makes a new kid who isn't retarded
>>
>>79484780
Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I post on /tv/ a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop posting on this pathetic board? A meme big enough it could be posted on unilad goes belly up. Disappears!
>>
>>79482028
I agree that Walt was almost impossible to empathize with, but Jessie at least expressed guilt for his actions and was desperately clinging to his humanity. Jessie wasn't a good person, but he was at least trying.
>>
>>79481511
There is something very interesting about watching an evil person go about their business.
>>
XBAHKS
>>
>>79484753
Name a better one
>>
Are we all grown up enough yet to admit that this was a great scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t808e5BMyI8
>>
>>79481511
A good cibematography. A rare thing for a TV serie
>>
>>79481667
The show doesn't want you to like Walt
>>
>>79481511

Breaking bad, the Sopranos are literally garbage.

Come back when youve watched "The Wire".
>>
>>79481511
Jesse was an insufferable bitch, even more so than skyler
>>
>>79485635
Deadwood. The Shield. The Sopranos. The Wire. Better Call Saul.
>>
>>79487155
kys
>>
>>79485974
I liked walt wish it all worked out for him
>>
>>79487155
>i secretly love nigger dick: the post
>>
File: un.jpg (116KB, 1077x722px) Image search: [Google]
un.jpg
116KB, 1077x722px
>>79481511
>>
>>79481668
>a show doesnt have l'epic oversaturated POV shot, therefore the show has bad cinematography
>>
>>79481511
>hilarious dialogue
>Brian and Arron's chemistry (I realize this is a pun as I write it)
>soundtrack
>dude camera angles
>Bob odenkirk
>badger and skinny Pete (need a spin off in search of Walt's missing millions)
>rewatchable as hell
>Walt jr
>>
>>79484365
>I didn't pay attention at all
Literally a retard. He flat out tells Jesse exactly why he is doing it you retard.
>>
>>79485643
Is this the b-b-b-bonfire car scene? I don't even need to click it to know it is. And yes its amazing
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.