[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feds Could Sue Hollywood Over Lack Of Female Directors, Says Report

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (136KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 768x1024px
>The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission began investigating allegations of Hollywood’s discriminatory hiring practices against female directors in October 2015, but the investigation is over and has moved into the settlement phase. “The EEOC is attempting to resolve the charges but, if unable to, may file a lawsuit,” the source said.

>On its website, the EEOC states: “If a violation is found, we will attempt to reach a voluntary settlement with the employer. If we cannot reach a settlement, your case will be referred to our legal staff – or the Department of Justice in certain cases – who will decide whether or not the agency should file a lawsuit.”
http://deadline.com/2017/02/hollywood-studios-female-directors-eeoc-investigation-1201912590/

B-But I thought Hollywood was full of progressives
>>
Can they sue plumbing companies for not having any female plumbers?
>>
>>79480053
>forcing a gender into a job

LOL

If you have a specific case where a woman was turned down just because she was a woman then fine. Maybe women just dont want to be directors. Leftists are cancer.
>>
I don't think (((hollywood))) has anything to worry about
>>
File: o-SETH-KRAFT-facebook.jpg (226KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-SETH-KRAFT-facebook.jpg
226KB, 2000x1000px
>>79480053

So when is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission going to sue the NBA for it's "discriminatory hiring practices"?
>>
File: 1432132179507.png (104KB, 316x346px) Image search: [Google]
1432132179507.png
104KB, 316x346px
>>79480053

>progressives thinking they can out Jew the Jew in court
>>
lol trump won't allow that
>>
Hollywood should sue women for choosing to not be directors. Do they think this is some kind of free country where you get to pick your profession?
>>
>>79480175
What are you talking about, NBA has been winning diversity awards for years and years now.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/07/14/report-nba-remains-best-in-diversity-hiring.ap/
>>
>>79480053
>sue people because they prefer to hire based on skill and profits rather than genitals

What bullshit is this?
>>
>>79480501
Are you new to late capitalism? It won't get any better.
>>
How the fuck like that even work? Make up some quota of females directors production company have to meet?
Fuck equality is a joke.
>>
>what is the wachoswki sisters?
Just hire them once in a while
>>
>>79480053
You've mistaken progressive with Jewish my friend. This will obviously not do anything because according to the oppressed chart Jews are always at the top. This is nothing more than hysteria. You can't change a system like that. Maybe the content but not the actual system
>>
File: walt.jpg (33KB, 361x351px) Image search: [Google]
walt.jpg
33KB, 361x351px
>>79480474
>Diversity literally means majority blacks now
Race war when? Why the fuck did the white man ever decide it was the white man's burden to bring the rest of the races with us? Why couldn't we either leave them in their fucking jungles and mud huts and wipe out the rest?
>>
>>79480624
When do you imagine it ever meant anything else?
>>
it's depressing that the government is so bloated that someone has been working on this for years and getting paid for it
>>
>>79480053
Braiding your gfs hair is very intimate and can be a sensual experience for you both.
>>
>>79480053

it's not about qualifications or who is best for the job anymore it's about skin color and gender.

every list of nominees has to have at least one girl and one black even if there are others better qualified.

if the black person loses it's always because of racism. never about the relative quality of their work. it's racism. always.
>>
I work as an art director in LA, really low budget projects, but I know a lot of aspiring and working people. I know lots of girls who want to be writers, who want to be producers/showrunners, A LOT who want to be cinematographers. I know two who want to direct. And one of them co-directs with her BF (but she is the dominating voice).

It's an interesting discussion of what a director really brings to a film and why it is not attractive to women. Or maybe they feel intimidated because the odds are low so they opt for a different position.

Regardless, suing Hollywood for not enough women directors is retarded.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.