[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Herzog God or a fraud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: herzog.jpg (205KB, 1929x1012px) Image search: [Google]
herzog.jpg
205KB, 1929x1012px
Is Herzog God or a fraud?
>>
God.
>>
Fraud
>>
File: GodWarrior.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
GodWarrior.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>79475784
He was a good friend.
>>
god-tier kinographer
>>
Frog.
>>
Comfy documentaries. Cave of Forgotten Dreams is just so pleasant to watch.
>>
>>79476658
love the soundtrack
>>
Herzog is one of humanities living treasures
>>
>>79475784
He has a look of a practicing necromancer.
>>
>>79475784
Gaud
>>
Anyone else seen Dinotasia yet?
>>
I loooove aguire, the wrath of god
>>
Is he a memer? Perhaps, /our guy/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOTx4Lx3pY
>>
>>79475784
>All of which prompts people to ask him if the internet is good or bad. "And that's the wrong question. I would ask you, 'Is electricity good or bad?'

>"When you think it's good, you'd better reconsider when you're on death row and you are sitting on an electric chair," he says. "That's the time to recalibrate your opinion on electricity."
>>
>>79478026
>ywn be as profound as based werner
Jdimsa senpai :/
>>
Anyone here see Lo and Behold? I thought it was great
>>
He's a fascinating person with a unique mind. I'm grateful that he applied it to films because he has produced some really amazing ones.
>>
>>79475784
God.
>>
Absolute God
>>
>>79475784
He's the only God Emperor i'll ever need.
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (53KB, 311x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
53KB, 311x475px
Read. This. Book.

He's a God. Puts up with zero shit from anyone. Is not precious about filmmaking. Even his bad movies are thoroughly interesting.
>>
>>79476477
>>79477832
>>79481386
>>79481594
>>79481619

Let me tell you about Herzog
>>
>>79481738
He's always willing to try new things too. He used 3d because he thought it was cool for cave of forgotten dreams and drones in Into the Inferno because he couldn't get the shot he wanted any other way.
>>
>>79479964
Lo and Behold is an absolute meme, it's elderly Herzog bumbling his way through technology he absolutely doesn't understand, and lending credence to real life Chuck McGills who think they're hypersensitive to radio waves. Herzog unironically says things like "I hoped we could talk about such characters as the malevolent Druid Dwarf" about a Warcraft player as if it has significance.

A woman he interviews says the internet is the antichrist, and Herzog follows that with a dramatic, six-second hold like she just said something coherent.

In short, it's an absolute masterpiece. It's like unintentionally expressionist documentary filmmaking.
>>
>>79475784
film would be better with more people like him. He is so fascinating in his ideas and approach to film making, even his bad movies are worth merit.
>>
His new volcano movie, Into the Inferno is bretty gud
>>
>>79481883
Maybe I should rewatch it with this opinion in mind. I really hated it because I felt like scenes like that were absurdly serious and the ADD nature of the film meant nothing got covered to my satisfaction.
>>
>>79482246
>even his bad movies are worth merit.
This is the definition of a great filmmaker.
>>
>>79475784
fucking thankyou OP you reminded me to finish Encounters at the End of the World
>>
I love Herzog but Aguirre is not that good tbf. Nosferatu is god-tier.
>>
is there a reason anyone talks about this guy?
are his films even Kino?

I liked the Bear Grylls movie but most of the footage wasn't even his, so like great job editing someone else's work there Werner, don't work too hard man.
>>
>>79481776
>>79482325
>into the inferno

The opening shot had me in awe like fuck. I mean, holy shit!!
>>
There's something exceptional about him reading bible passages over images of Kuwait oil fields burning while Wagner is blasting in the background
>>
>god or fraud
G - O - D
>>
>>79475784
His improvised monologue in Mr. Lonely is one of the most beautifully odd things I've ever seen put to celluloid. Why haven't Korine's films been given a good release is beyond me.
>>
>>79485769
He's fantastic as a narrator
>>
>>79475784
Haha isnt that the guy who voiced Shrimply Pibbles on Rick and Morty? xD I love that show it has the perfect kind of humor a supreme redditor like myself loves.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.