[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went [?]right?[/?]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 15

File: Watchmen_Poster_8.jpg (3MB, 1732x2688px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_Poster_8.jpg
3MB, 1732x2688px
What went [?]right?[/?]
>>
>>79474186
The ending deviated from the source material and was a huge improvement
>>
the soundtrack
>>
>>79474186
Good idea. It'll be easy to list what went right, because the list is so short, especially in comparison to what went wrong.
>>
>>79474255
No love for the squid I see.
>>
>>79474186
In all seriousness, it was probably for the best that the psychic squid was left out.
>>
>>79474255
Wait for the Moorefags to come and say "you just don't get it" and "the giant ass squid was deep you pleb!1!!!111!"
>>
>>79474186
clearly not your attempt at using spoilers you newfag
>>
>>79474255
The change Snyder made was actually a huge mistake. It makes no sense. Russians could see a giant, psychic squid as a foreign actor and an enemy they can unite with America to protect against or defeat, but how could they see Doctor Manhattan the same way? He had been working for the US for years. The Russians are very familiar with him. They would just take a supposed attack against the US by Manhattan as an opportunity to strike.
>>
>people who liked this film
well that was an enjoyable version of a great comic book

>people disliked the movie
SQUID SQUID SQUID SQUID HE DIDNT GET IT !!!!! ZACK MISSED THE POINT!!! SQUID SQUID SQUID
>>
>>79474287
>>79474310
Wait, what? A giant squid? Like, a real squid?
>>
File: 221.jpg (162KB, 576x546px) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
162KB, 576x546px
>>79474186
Un for get table
That's what you arrrre
>>
>>79474435
Dr.Manhattan blew up cities in America. They assumed he just went nuts (as previously set up in the movie)

might as well say "Russians would figure out the squid was fake"
>>
>>79474446
Alien looking, genetic engineered giant squid.

It was awesome.

It explains why the Comedian was depressed.
>>
>>79474446
>Like, a real squid?
No. A giant, genetically-engineered squid with psychic powers

It's as dumb as it sounds
>>
File: watchmen-squid.jpg (295KB, 660x935px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-squid.jpg
295KB, 660x935px
>>79474446
>>
>>79474186
>[?]right?[/?]
Newfag.
>>
>psychics are real

Did Alan Moore think this was a real thing in the real world?? Seems odd that he goes out of his way to make the comic "realistic" except for Dr.Manhattan...but also people have psychic powers LOL WHATEVER
>>
File: squidly.jpg (74KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
squidly.jpg
74KB, 1334x750px
>>79474438
>Sub Quantum Unified Intrinsic field Device
>>
File: dr-manhattan.jpg (58KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan.jpg
58KB, 500x435px
>>79474186
>can manipulate matter at the atomic level
>can't conjure up a set of clothes for himself

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>79474186
What a great poster I feel like im falling
>>
>>79474734
He doesn't see the point in clothes, especially because nobody can force him to wear any.
>>
would anyone watch if i streamed it in a few minutes?
>>
>>79474460
>dat intro

Why is Snyder the only director in the game today consistently making unfiltered kino?
>>
>>79474549
He was sad because of a squid?
>>
>>79474811
YES WE WOULD
>>
>>79474787
then he's fucking stupid. and the writer is autistic.
>>
it's the first time i'm heating about that squid thing, can anybody give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>79474823
The ridiculousness of it pushed him over the edge
>>
>>79474848
That's the real script.
>>
>>79474830
tell you what, i'll post a link around 6:30 pm PST
>>
>>79474438
Correction:
>people disliked the movie
I'm sick of looking at a glowing blue cock. What the fuck is this film.

>People who liked this film
mmmm...look at that flab of meat between his legs. I just want his radioactive cum dripping out of my ass!
>>
>>79474900
i think ill be in bed by then. post link now
>>
>>79474599
For some reason psychics are real in sci-fi. No use in questioning it, it just is.
>>
>>79474940
bitch that's in 17 minutes, why bother posting a link now
>>
>>79474310
>it was probably for the best that the psychic squid was left out.
As a squidfag, I completely agree with you. All the details about the island, the disappearing scientist and artists, etc is set up in the excerpts and files that bookend the chapter, or mentioned in the background. If you want to add that into this movie, it would honestly be another 30 minutes required to really establish it as well, and even then people would still have been confused by it.
Watchmen was considered unadaptable for a long time for a reason. It fucking is. Its a meandering confused and paranoid story told from multiple switching perspectives, where all the little details are what makes up the actual story. You have to cut things to make it fit a 90-120 page screenplay, but whatever you cut is a set up or pay off for something else, so it starts to unravel as you edit parts to make it fit.
So I agree, the squid is fine to cut, but the problem is without the squid, there's nothing to push the comedian over the edge, to confess to Morlock. There's no reason for the island to exist.
Its about as good of an adaptation as you could reasonably expect from a major studio. It does a good job of recreating panels, but it lacked the details and connectivity that makes the comic so great.
>>
>>79474844
If you were god, would you wear pants?
>>
>>79474734
Isn't he wearing a suit when he meets the president? Dude just likes being naked
>>
>>79474968
So, the bad guy went through all this trouble to make ONE squid with psychic powers who just smashed some shit in NYC then died? I mean, just one or were there an army of squid? Why wouldn't the Russians just take advantage of NYC getting BTFO?
>>
>>79474990
DICKS OUT FOR NIX!
>>
>>79474982
Why did John stay as long as he did? Wouldn't he have left the instant he became a God?
>>
>>79474962
fine ill stay up. post link soon so others can see it at thread start
>>
>>79474255
>>79474186
try to make the samefag b8 less obvious
>>
>>79475114

http://www.livestream.com/bhftc

streaming watchmen, get the fuck in while you can
>>
File: ozzy.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ozzy.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>79474186
Only thing that really killed it for me was the casting for Veidt. Nolan just fucked up that character altogether.

Otherwise is was a pretty good adaptation
>>
>>79475022
No, they found a kid with psychic potential, cloned his brain, and bombarded it with the most awful horrible alien imagery they could create. The squid and killing everyone in new york was a smoking gun, the real blow was delivered with the psychic death rattle as the squid monster was killed in transport. They say that anyone with the slightest sensitivity to ESP on the planet pretty much died in shock, and regular people suffered PTSD even though new york was the only city actually attacked.
The whole idea was to unite the human race against a totally alien, and totally outside threat. Making new york the target was specifically to give the US a bloody nose, as well as exonerate the country from the decades of bad will that their superman-backed imperialism had created.
It's very much a product of its time too, it's very much a cold war story.
>>
>>79474435
They set up Manhattan to be a emotionally unstable superhuman.

They figured he couldn't control his emotions and would do drastic things, and he vanished from the public when going to Mars. It would make sense that people thought he was plotting to end humanity because the Doomsday Clock was getting so close.
>>
>>79475161
That makes a lot more sense. I had this image of one giant squid monster just walking out of the ocean and smashing stuff before suddenly dying.
>>
>>79475106
>Wouldn't he have left the instant he became a God?
Literally the entire point of the Manhattan chapters was that time wasn't linear for him. His whole life (at least the part on one side of the tachyon disturbances) was something he was existing in constantly. He bemoans the fact that free will doesn't exist, and that they're all trapped by determinism. His ultimate turn/redemption comes from him realizing that even if everything is predetermined, its also beautifully chaotic. He was raised to be a watchmaker until man split the atom, and his father recognized that they were entering a new age and pressed his son into physics. Which is of course what set him down the path to become Dr. Manhattan. It's a not to subtle hint about the existential crisis that is determinism. Is god a watchmaker? Is the universe a well oiled machine, or is it quantum chaos?
John leaves earth because he wants to find out, and the implication is that he becomes a God of the reader's universe.
>>
>>79474846
Ozymandias gathers some of the most talented people and scientists in the world and sets them up in a project where they basically use their talents to create some of the most fucked up stuff in human arts, which then is use to create squid looking creature by bioengineering, which has psychic powers and shit. It is then teleported only to the city of New York (and another one is sent to Russia, I don't really remember), causing some kind of psychic wave that kills pretty much everyone in the city, and most people around the world are affected by nightmares and strange feelings. The squid dies by design.

Ozy kills everyone involved.

The USA and Russia form a truce since they believe to be under an alien attack.
>>
>>79474435
The squid is absolutely the better ending. The fact that it is literally an "alien" represents "alien" threats, threats from "the other", the outside, the foreign, etc., and so in this case it's an obvious metaphor for the relations between the States and Russia at the time. But no, Hollywood doesn't like history lessons so it has to turn the awesome giant MEANINGFUL squid into a boring-ass, generic blue-white explosion exactly like you'd see in any modern mediocre science fiction movie. And then of course retards the world over who know nothing about books and have never heard of close reading or allegory are all "THE MOVIE ENDING IS BETTER LOL!!!!!!!" Wrong. It's shit.
>>
>>79475228
>just walking out of the ocean and smashing stuff before suddenly dying.
Nope. Honestly the less said the better, you should read it. It's like 400 pages long, the art is incredible, and it perfectly uses and exploits the medium of the comic book to tell a really interesting, intricate, multilayered story that never feels like its trying to be 2deep4u. It's just a solid story and a fun read that rewards revisits because you notice Rorschach in the background of someone else's story, or catch a connection you missed the last time, etc.
tl:dr go read it, its good
>>
>>79475517
I would really like to know what Moore was thinking when he came up with this wholly unreasonable conclusion.

Not the squid part - the fact that Ozy (smartest man in the world) thought a tentative truce in light of a 3rd threat would last any amount of time.

Hey! Remember when the US and Russia were allies fighting the Nazis? Remember how that fell apart the moment fighting stopped and it came time to divy up the spoils?

Hey! Remember when the US led a NATO coalition of all our allies into war? How long did that team-up last? Oh right - less than two years.

The idea that some massive attack will PERPETUALLY keep people allied and working together is pure idiocy. Unless Ozy was planning on repeating the "incident" and killing tens of millions every decade or so, he changed literally nothing. If if he IS planning on repeating the incident, then what has he saved?
>>
>>79476484
he stole the idea from an Outer Limits episode. I guess Ozy thinks it would work because it "worked" in the story not that it was a completely realistic thing that would happen in the real world

(same with framing Dr.Manhattan...the plan worked because it worked inside the fictional world of Watchmen)
>>
>>79476771
It only works - even in the fictional setting - because we're TOLD it works. there's no showing of this. It "working" isn't part of the movie or the book.

And I'm saying it DIDN'T work. Russia and the US were back at each other's throats within the decade. Ozymandius FAILED. Let's see that issue printed.
>>
The movie was okay but insisted upon itself too much.
>>
>>79476484
He was an egomaniacal retard, and he was desperate.

Honestly, the biggest problem with the film was Ozy's casting (he was pretty likeable in the comic) and the amount of over the top action. Everything else was pretty good.
>>
>>79476484
You're thinking on too small of a scale. The truces that dissolved were because we were arguing among each other, human to human. With an alien threat, it forces them to stop thinking about country vs. country and start thinking about humanity vs. the unknown races from space.

What was it that astronaut said about looking at Earth from space and wishing everyone could experience it?
>>
>>79476912
>With an alien threat, it forces them to stop thinking about country vs. country and start thinking about humanity vs. the unknown races from space.
IT

NEVER

DOES

Not once. Not in the entire history of mankind has old enmity just disappeared because a new threat showed up. And this misses the point that - again - unless Ozy was planing on doing this repeatedly, there WAS NO THREAT. How long would these opposed forces remain at truce after 1 year of no alien/ Dr. Manhattan attack? 5 years? 10 years? It is ridiculously stupid to think that a single catastrophe would just wipe out all sense of national identity.

>What was it that astronaut said about looking at Earth from space and wishing everyone could experience it?
I'm a LOT more interested in what that astronaut said one year after that quote. I bet he was still bitching about people after his grandiose view.
>>
File: the-earth[1].gif (114KB, 926x1378px) Image search: [Google]
the-earth[1].gif
114KB, 926x1378px
>>79477062
>I'm a LOT more interested in what that astronaut said one year after that quote.
>>
>>79474186
it was an amazing adaptation, especially considering someone as creative and intelligent as Terry Gilliam said it was impossible to film. I loved the film, and I honestly believe that the people on /tv/ who say they hate it are either shitposters or millennial who are used to 45 jumpcuts per minute and dubstep interwoven between every scene
>>
The only true Capekino
>>
>>79477062
>Not in the entire history of mankind has old enmity just disappeared because a new threat showed up.
You know what else has never happened in the history of mankind? Being attacked by ayy lmaos.
Ozy also monologues about it, that his companies are in a position to reap all the benefits of the reconstruction. He's basically opening the door so he can move in and be the guy pulling the strings behind the scenes. It's a false flag event that let's him get deeper in bed with the governments of the world.
>>
>>79474186
Dr. Manhattan's origin story was goddamned amazing to watch.
>>
>>79474435
are you baiting?
>>
>>79477614
>You know what else has never happened in the history of mankind? Being attacked by ayy lmaos.

European invasion makes for a fairly good analogy.
>Native American tribes fighting over territory and resources
>completely alien civilization shows up and starts wrecking everybody's shit

Now what happened next? Did all the Native American tribes join together to face the new, external threat? No - no that didn't happen. What happened was Native American tribes gladly teamed up with Europeans to fight their old rivals.

But hey, that was before they realized how invasive the Europeans were going to be right? They made that alliance of nations with Tecumseh, after all! Except that Tecumseh's Confederacy barely lasted 5 years, and ALLIED WITH THE BRITISH in the War of 1812. You know - the people that started the settlements that they created Tecumseh's Confederacy to fight.

But that's all history now! Surely after over a hundred years of Native American culture degrading and living under the rule of the US, the various American Tribes have gone past their old rivalries and see themselves all as one people. But if that's the case, then why were the Navajo and Hopi tribes petitioning the US federal courts for permission to sue each other over which tribe had access to what land?
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/174/211/1754803/

>that his companies are in a position to reap all the benefits of the reconstruction
This is a reason to understand that Ozy was WRONG. He wasn't trying to bring about peace. He was trying to gain more power and money.

I repeat that it is moronic for anyone to accept Ozy's plan as some sort of solution.
>>
>>79475160
>Nolan
>>
File: praise snyder.jpg (108KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
praise snyder.jpg
108KB, 894x1000px
>>79474186
The film that put Kino in Capekino.

Thank you snyder, thank you ;_;
>>
>>79477973
The book is partially about mankind (and America specifically)'s relationship with superstition, and how it's something everyone relies on in some way. It's a bit of a Moore-ian thing; he presents a world that's just aching for an excuse to throw aside their differences and start to get along, which we all know is not the case in reality. It's part of the fundamental comedy of the book and of Moore's work at large that a lot of people don't even bother noticing.
>>
>>79478258
Scientists faking up a world threat to get the nations to work together is a well-used trope.

See The Architects of Fear on the old series of The Outer Limits. Don't peak at the end.
>>
>>79474438
pretty much. i loved the comic but goddamn this movie blew me away. its as best of an adaptation as it was gonna get.
>>
>>79478688
>its as best of an adaptation as it was gonna get
This sentiment offends me more than the movie itself. While probably technically true as the book will probably never be adapted to film again, it also implies the movie could not have been better, which is so incredibly far from the truth
>>
>>79478638
I'll check it out, thanks!
>>
>>79474599
I believe that the telepath the genes were harvested from was literally the only one in the world ... those genes were used as part of the squid construct.

Moore makes the superpowers (Manhattan, the telepath) vanishingly rare.
>>
>>79474435
Russians would find out the Americans made the Squid.
>>
>>79478258
>it's not a bug, it's a feature

While there are some that try to point to Bubastis' end as foreshadowing of Moore's thoughts on Ozy's plan (https://www.quora.com/What-happened-after-Watchmen-or-the-end-of-it), there are FAR more people who think Ozy's brutal idea was actually going to be successful (https://www.quora.com/At-the-end-of-Watchmen-the-graphic-novel-why-does-Veidt-make-the-decisions-that-he-does).

>>79478638
Sci-fi likes to use it a lot. But you'll never see a sci-fi show about what happens AFTER. Yes obviously an outside force can quell tension between two parties, but only temporarily.

>>79478740
To make it a better movie, it would have had to be a worse adaption.
>>
>>79475797
Yeah, you'd only have to include an entire other plotline in the movie to explain all of this.

Seriously, that would add ... forty-five minutes to the film, just to make it coherent. Watchmen was unfilmable for so long because there's a lot of shit going on in it, and you just can't get the audiences to sit for a five hour movie.
>>
>>79474186
i haven't seen it in a while, but having never read the source material i really liked the movie. i don't really like any other ZS movies, just something about this one rubs me the right way. and theres a sex scene with that woman who i have a huge boner for. i mean that woman for whom i have a huge boner.
>>
>>79478862
>Sci-fi likes to use it a lot. But you'll never see a sci-fi show about what happens AFTER.

You've obviously never seen the fine product Independence Day 2.
>>
>>79478916
>To make it a better movie, it would have had to be a worse adaption.
That doesn't even make sense
>>
>>79478916
>But you'll never see a sci-fi show about what happens AFTER.

Actually, that's not true. Babylon 5 did exactly this with the 5th season, after the Shadow Wars and the Rebellion. A whole season of more and more squabbles cropping up until it leads right back to the brink of war.

Reminded myself once again how nice that show is.
>>
Seeing Rorschach's death adapted was great. Carried a lot of emotional weight.
>>
>>79479028
It like turning a car into a plane. To keep it a faithful "flying car" adaption instead of just a plane, you're forced to end up with a crappy plane. But the more you turn it into a good plane, the less of a flying car you get.

In a similar sense, the elements that keep it a "faithful adaption" of the book are exactly what drags it down as a movie. The more you get rid of those elements to improve the movie, the less faithful the adaption.
>>
>>79479133
It was entirely fully and completely ruined by them putting Night Owl there to deliver the obligatory NOOOOOOOOOO

Though Jack Haley did a great job of course
>>
Nothing went right!
The film sucked!
>>
>>79474476
but the squid was real
>>
>>79479171
100% agree.
>>
>>79479149
While I agree that some lines were lifted from the text that shouldn't have, while others that should have been lifted were entirely omitted, I think you're confusing the issue.

To make a good "comic book movie" isn't a linear scale where you try and strike a balance between "comic book" and "movie" necessarily.
>>
They should adapt it into a limited series.

12 episodes each one adapting one issue of the comic.
>>
>>79479258
>To make a good "comic book movie" isn't a linear scale where you try and strike a balance between "comic book" and "movie" necessarily.
Agreed. My point still stands.
>>
>>79479149
A popular book has a number of emotional or wow moments. A good movie will faithfully adapt them for the big screen.
>>
>>79479171
Nite Owl being there didn't bother me. It gave him a more emotional context to beat up Veidt, since he and Rorschach were about the closest thing to friends (in the movie at least) .
>>
File: Watchmen-_Motion_Comic.jpg (96KB, 372x511px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen-_Motion_Comic.jpg
96KB, 372x511px
>>79479291
This exists for you purists.
>>
>>79474255
that, and leaving out the stupid pirate subplot
>>
>>79479579
>when comic books are too much reading
>>
>>79477659
Completely agree. Favorite scene in the movie.
>>
>>79479345
But your logic seems to be "when it becomes more of one thing, it becomes less of another" and that's what I'm arguing against??? Do you just not like the book?
>>
File: jiisan.jpg (44KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
jiisan.jpg
44KB, 450x450px
>>79474186
1. The opening sequence with the bob dylan song.
2. Rorschach.
3. The ending was way better than the stupid ass squid in the comic. Seriously, what was with that? It's like Moore had a brilliant work of art on his hands and fumbled it at the 1 yard line.
4. Definitely not the long, awkward sex scene.
>>
That opening credits
>>
>>79474186
>incredible sets augmented with CGI
>a few fantastic performances (Haley, Crudup, Wilson)
>EXTREMELY admirable job of condensing the book into a single movie

It's pretty kino. Not perfect but damn is it impressive. Can't believe Snyder convinced WB to let him make a $130 million dollar R-rated adaptation of a comic books normies had never heard of
>>
>>79482504
>sets augmented with CGI
This movie doesn't get enough love for that. Check out how fucking gorgeous the city looks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clqcw8XgnzI
It's a backlot with green screen at either end to add length to the streets. Similar to Blade Runner.
>>
>>79474844
You're pathetic.
>>
File: 640[1].jpg (52KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
640[1].jpg
52KB, 640x478px
>>79474435
>>79475797
>>
>>79482504
>a comic books normies had never heard of
Are you high? Watchmen was widely acclaimed. It's treated as borderline literary.
>>
>>79477221
>People who hate muh capeshit are shitposters or underages

Here's your (You)
>>
>>79485669
Back when the movie came out I did not know about the comic. And when I saw the frist promotional pictures I thought it to be a Superhero Team movie and that Watchmen were another team along the lines of an JL or Avengers just by a lesser know publisher. And back then I did definitely know more about comics than the average movie goer, having read a lot in my youth.
>>
>>79474186
[?] right? [?]
>>
File: Barry Wilmore.png (789KB, 1280x781px) Image search: [Google]
Barry Wilmore.png
789KB, 1280x781px
>>79476912

You mean this astronaut?
>pic related
>>
File: Lovecraft - No Hope.jpg (25KB, 295x454px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft - No Hope.jpg
25KB, 295x454px
>>79477062
Get some rest, Howard; you deserve it.
>>
>>79474186
Blue penis.
>>
>>79478258
>>79477973

muh Oil Pipeline...

> $$$
>>
>>79479780
That was actually done but it got cut out of the theatrical release. I've got it on DVD as a separate piece, altogether.

It isn't that great but in the book it worked as a nice parallel to Adrian/Ozy and his plight.
>>
>>79481312
Your number one reminds me of the opening sequence to Terry Gilliam's "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" as a brutal set-up to a surrealistic story.
>>
>>79482552
"I'm not locked in here with you; YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!"

>>79485669
I remember a quote from Alan Moore saying his daughter came home from University saying, "Hey guess what, Dad? They're teaching your stuff in my classes. Funny that, huh?"

Also, it consistently makes Powell's Books (Portland, Oregon, USA bookstore)'s top 10 ordered books almost every year and the thing came out in the 1980s... (I lived with a guy who worked there who was in the know -- so yeah, borderline literary).

>>79486745
He first got his sea-legs with Swamp Thing and turned that entire hopeless series around so the publishing company gave him more leeway for the Watchmen series. Also, Swamp Thing gave us the Constantine character... Which I thought was a decent TV series (except that they wouldn't show all the drugs and smoking and homosex).
>>
>>79474255

First post best post
>>
>>79474476
Or they would just as easily say "fuck em, they got what they deserved" and continue the not so cold war.

>>79475204
Still doesn't make sense. If Manahattan would have also attacked Moscow then maybe it would make sense for the Russians to give a fuck. But why should they care that their enemy's weapon backfired on themselves?

>>79475797
This anon gets it.
>>
Why can't Disney make a capefilm this good? They can't or they don't want to?
>>
>>79479149
Your logic implies you think the movie was optimally done, that is, it managed to be as faithful to the source material as possible while still being a good movie.

I think what the other anon was implying was that the movie could have been better because it didn't meet this optimal middle ground. But obviously, that middle ground is a subjective case that will be different for each person.
>>
>>79482504

Watchmen also was told to be impossible to adapt and Zack pulled it off like a champ.
>>
>for the entirety of the comic Manhattan is the only supernatural element
>"JK LMAO WE CAN BUILD TELEPORTING MAGICAL SQUIDS TOO"
>Ozy still has to convince Manhattan to leave the earth and never come back for this plan to work

Movie ending > comic ending, anyone denying this is a triggered shill or dumb as fuck
>>
>>79488613
They are basically the same ending. I wouldn't say the movie is greater because it is too generic and the obvious safe play for a movie adaptation. But I also wouldn't say the comic ending is greater. They both have their place in their respective medium, but neither are "great" endings.
>>
The one thing I wish they did better in this were the fight scenes.

Most normies I've talked too seem to think the Watchmen characters had super-strength because of how easily they threw the bad guys around. They should have made the fight scenes more brutal and rough, instead of the "matrix-like" style of slow-mo, no resistance, defying physics fighting. Also, the actress playing Silk Spectre was a terrible choice.
>>
>>79488719
>allegedly one minute before midnight/aka nuclear apocalypse
>Russians: "oh no New York has been destroyed!!! better stop this madness at once!!"

No.

It doesn't make sense, the ruskies just saved themselves a nuke and that's that. The comic ending breaks all internal consistency and most world building. Classic Deux Ex Machina shit ending that was so common in the silver age comics Moore was making fun of, they write themselves into a corner but no worries, Batman just happen to have the exact tool he needed in his belt or Superman just happen to have this particular power we never heard of until now.

People defending it are the ones who missed the point, ironically.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.