[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irrefutable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1479298522755.jpg (607KB, 1620x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1479298522755.jpg
607KB, 1620x1192px
>>
1 is the best. The rest are all pretty garbage.
>>
>>79472392
Agreed, I liked the second one as well though
>>
>>79472392
Predictable and a pleb? Wew lad. W e W L A D

>>79471562
Essentially perfect. Top 3 and Top 4 are correct.
>>
File: 1486319796487.jpg (1MB, 1588x2862px) Image search: [Google]
1486319796487.jpg
1MB, 1588x2862px
As much as I'd like to attempt to, I can't prove you wrong with regard to one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>79472392
>>79472430
>things nobody but contrarians on /tv/ who had no friends in school say
What did they mean by this?

Seriously the first two are fine but the others are much better. You do actually watch cinema right?
>>
>>79472555
you tried/10
>>
>>79471562
>Prisoner of azkabam
>Philosophers stone
>The snake one
>The soulless cash ins
>>
3 is a legitimately good film and it doesn't matter how you rank the others because they're all varying degrees of trash. I give the first two a bit of credit because at least they have the excuse of ostensibly being for actual children.
>>
Elder God tier
3 6 7.1 2

Good tier
1 4 5 7.2
>>
File: low test.png (18KB, 708x724px) Image search: [Google]
low test.png
18KB, 708x724px
hey guys do u rike 3 6 and 7
me rikey
me call u bad taste if u rike not those ones firs
>>
>>79471562
Half Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Azkaban are patrician's only choice. You can rank them however you please though.
>>
File: 1486309474104.jpg (76KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1486309474104.jpg
76KB, 850x850px
>>79471562
Fantastic Beasts >>> Hairy Pooper.
>>
>>79471562
No surprise the best book also made the best movie.
>>
7>6>4>3>1>5>2>8
>>
File: 1446095076683.png (818KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446095076683.png
818KB, 960x960px
This is /tv/, kid

Not /numale/
>>
>>79471562
We've gotten to the point where the hivemind against potter is glorious and ironic. Only samefagging neets hate HPm
>>
>>79471562
No lies here. HP should be judged upon how the individual directors furthered the cause of cinema. 1 and 2 are workmanlike adaptations of the books, and no more.
>>
>>79471562
Movies 1 and 2 are fun adventure movies, and that's what they should be

3 is comfy and a little more dark but still a fun adventure movie

4 and beyond are shitty action movies that try to be le dark and edgy movies for fat tumblr SJWs and numales
>>
>3

What went right?
>>
>>79473344

It's the only one that actually feels like english media whilst still being directed by a mexican.
>>
>>79473526
>>79473526
Nice repeating meme again autist. They all feel english besides Columbus.
>>79473239
Columbus did what he had to
>>79473319
Yes I agree with half your statement. 4 and on are not action movies. 4 is yes because its stuffed. A turnoff for many plebs is how non actiony 5 6 7 are because they have focus ane start to focus on the main trio more and are character driven. 8 is action but the plot called for it. Atmosphere wise they all work nicely.
>>
>>79471562

>books
Goblet of Fire > Prisoner of Azkaban > Deathly Hallows > Chamber of Secrets > Half Blood Prince > Order of the Phoenix > The Philosopher's Stone

>movies
Deathly Hallows Part 1 > Prisoner of Azkaban > Half Blood Prince > Deathly Hallows Part 2 > Chamber of Secrets > Philosopher's Stone > Order of the Phoenix > Goblet of Fire
>>
>>79472555
you're really bad at this
>>
>>79474070
I like your rankings my dude
>>
>>79471562
fuck did they make eight of those?
>>
>>79474732
How do I see this posted fairly often? You do know it was the highest grossing franchise until Marvel had like 14 films or something ridiculous like that.
>>
>>79473319
Do you really tell yourself that liking light-hearted fun adventure movies for babies is manly or something? I can't even begin to imagine untangling the string of mental gymnastics you mongs use to arrive at making posts like this.
>>
>>79474986
Autism
>>
>>79475005
I agree, you probably are. Still curious in hearing some of the "logic" you use to arrive at making these shitposts.
>>
>>79475031
I'm not who you were respnding to, autist.
>>
File: IMG_6379.jpg (66KB, 564x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6379.jpg
66KB, 564x697px
>>79471562
1 and 2 = perfect

3 and 4 = decent

Rest = sucks Hagrid's balls

1 and 2 were fun stories with interesting plot twists

3 was a filler about some godparent we don't really care about with an interesting twist

4 was gloomy but managed to uphold the formula pretty well

5 was the emptiest filler imaginable

6 was a fanfiction shipping fest

7 was WWII meets fantasy, no Hogwarts, just Rowling ripping off Tolkien with the whole "Ron splitting off/Sam splitting off and necklace stuff"

8 was just some grand blockbuster bullshit finale in the style of Twilight
>>
>>79475257
You have incredibly awful taste.
>>
Four is actually good though.
>>
>>79472606

It's poorly phrased but this guy here got it right.

The books are a different story though...

Books

3, 6, 1, 7, 4, 2, 5

It pains me to know that book 6 and 7 are never gonna be properly adapted...
>>
>>79471562
switch 1 and 2 and i agree
>>
Ravenclaw is the best house.
>>
>tfw all the comfy magic just stopped in the movies
>>
>>79475499
Terrible taste. 4 was the worst adaptation along with 5. 6 was a great film adaptation like 3 was different from th book. 7 was very faithful to the book and one of the closest adaptation. But the fact you are not able to judge them without talking about the books makes you a lost cause and I loved the books, the movies are great.
>>
>>79475587
It didn't, then again only a retard could expect them to all be the same. They are top comfy I just rewatched them.
>>
>>79475621

5 was such a terrible source material that the movie is actually an improvement.
As for the worst adaptations those are 6 and 7/8.

6 is almost a comedy for fucks sake when it's one of the darkest books so from the go the tone is wrong.
And if fucking that up is not enough Yates also fucks up the whole "half blood prince" mystery. It's just not there. This book is about both, Snape and Voldemort and none of that is on the fucking movie. Instead it focus on Slughorne parties, Wonwon love potions and the sort. It's simply terrible.

Seventh suffers a similar luck. Harry is on a quest from Dumbledore and once he is out of the school he starts to discover that he knows nothing about his mentor. The movie itself establish this and then just let's it vanish on thin air.
On the books Harry doubts and has to choose between trusting Dumbledore and search for Horrocruxes or try to get a hold of the deathly hallows.
Again, nothing of that nor of Dumbledore's past, no nothing. Instead is a movie about isolated runaways, some camping and a final battle... which is also fucked up since there is little buildup. The only good thing about 8th was Snape because Rickman is great but you guys should stop trying to pretend 7 and 8 are actually good adaptations even if you liked the movies.

I am not questioning your taste here. You are entitled to like what you like but those are not good adaptations.
>>
>>79476490
Couldn't disagree more. 5-8 were the best films you could make out of books 5-7.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.