[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moonlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Moonlight-movie-poster-640x928.jpg (150KB, 640x928px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight-movie-poster-640x928.jpg
150KB, 640x928px
How was this not one of the best films of the year? Is this just patronizing liberal pity I feel?
>>
I don't know what you mean by liberal pity but it was my personal favourite.
>>
>>79446793
That was what genius film analyst Armond White called it.
>>
I have not seen a lot of movies from 2016 but I really liked it

all 3 acts are incredible which I have never seen before in a tri act movie

it's one of those movies I can't really say much about short of I liked it a lot and it was very moving
>>
It made a couple of nods to Wong Kar-wai so it's a good movie.
>>
>>79446761
>Is this just patronizing liberal pity I feel?
No, it's genuinely good but a lot of people can't #relate because it's about being a gay black man.
>>79446882
I was immediately reminded of him when I watched Moonlight.
>>
>>79446761
First part was pretty good. Then it devolves into a tepid "character study" with uninteresting side characters and a limp ending.
>>
The liberal pity line was just a joke about the hilarious Armond White review, I think it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>79446882
I will check this film out then.
>>
>>79446882
What were they? I missed them first watch.
>>
>>79446761
it's good, but not my favorite of the year. This board hypes it up to fucking much.
8/10
>>
The child Chiron was pretty bad but apart of that great kino.
>>
>>79447101
It's good because it's a good movie about gays and nigs.
>>
>people who hated boyhood think this was the greatest movie ever

i see you.
>>
>>79447445
Boyhood was amazing but Moonlight is even better.
>>
Great movie, but how come the actors that played Chiron didn't get any award buzz?

I liked Mahershala, but he wasn't in the movie much. I thought the adult actor that played Chiron in the last part was especially good, his body language when he dropped the macho act was great. Amazing acting without using many words.
>>
>>79447925
Basically everyone in this fucking thing was perfect.
>>
>>79447072
Check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66cIeb_nNO4
>>
>>79448055
Barry Jenkins also talked to Criterion Collection about the influence of Wong Kar-wai on Moonlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwmEWNXIsNk&t=83s
>>
>>79447925
yeah when breaks eye contact and looks down/away, and then speaks in a higher voice...

> you the only man thats eva touched me
>>
>>79447072
The driving sequence in Moonlight had that song from Happy Together
>>
Extremely overrated. Not bad but certainly nothing special.
>>
>>79448110
Sounds like film school is less than worthless.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.