[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the proverbial dust has settled, which one did you prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6029.jpg (189KB, 846x1128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6029.jpg
189KB, 846x1128px
Now that the proverbial dust has settled, which one did you prefer?
>>
>>79446551
they should have gotten Jim Carrey back for the new series
>>
File: C.S.-Lews-A-childrens-story.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
C.S.-Lews-A-childrens-story.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
Neither. They're for children, Anon.
>>
I hate how cunty Klaus is and the CGI baby.
I also haven't seen Jim Carrey's version in over a decade and I don't remember much from it.
>>
The movie is better as a piece of cinema, but the show is better as an adaptation of the book.
>>
File: 0d4a1d1dd019eee6206b2b474c5f97ad.png (863KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
0d4a1d1dd019eee6206b2b474c5f97ad.png
863KB, 1280x719px
>>79446625
theres only 1 thing you need to know
>>
>>79446670
I can agree with this.
>>
>>79446670
This
>>
>>79446625
The movie has aged rather well.
>>
>>79446551
I prefer the new series as it's a better adaptation but I really hate NPH as Olaf so I'm conflicted
>>
>>79446787
What's so bad about him? He seems decent enough.
>>
>>79446787
how i met your meme ruined nph for me t.b.h
>>
>>79446874
He is completely non-threatening even when he's trying to be intimidating. I know that it's a childrens show but he was somewhat sinister in the books and they were for children, and while the show is much more focused on comedy which is I assume the reason for NPH being Count Olaf I can't help but feel like there could have been someone else more suited to the moments when he wasn't acting absurd.
>>
>>79446551
The movie had better acting and production design. The show had better writing.
>>
>>79446551
The movie had better casting for everyone besides Olaf.

Also the movie Snicket was 100% better.
>>
File: IMG_6030.jpg (397KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6030.jpg
397KB, 1000x667px
Why do they keep throwing in new villains out of fucking nowhere left and right?

what's even the point of stephano? i don't get it, Olaf was better.
>>
>>79447074
Puddi is closer to Snicket, but Jude Law's voice is sex.
>>
>>79447074
Jim Carrey does a great job.

It's both threatening and funny, it's over acted, but that's what you hire Carrey for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Eh-xpcJsY
>>
Dr. Montgomery Montgomery was the best guardian

prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't
>>
>>79447121
literally looks like a shot out of HIMYM

what went wrong /tv/?
>>
>>79447286
It really doesn't 2bh.
>>
>>79446731
post more of this qt
>>
>>79447247
But why did their parents never mention him?
>>
NPH is doing a really good job but he just never feels menacing

The writing is much much more engaging in the tv show though. Like some people might not like how in-your-face and meta it is but any time Warburton is on screen I'm giddy.

Both have great atmospheres which is cool.
>>
Here it goes, I sped, I followed too closely, I ran a stop sign, I almost hit a chevy, I sped some more, I failed to yield at a crosswalk, I sped some more, I changed lanes in the intersection, I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light, and speeding
>>
>>79448241
Warburton's narration is just too glacial and repetitive for me. I feel like the show spends a lot of its time treading water.
>>
Movie had brilliant cinematography.
>>
>>79446551
Let me think. Movie has
>better cinematography
>better music
>better acting
>better looking orphans
>better costumes and decorates
>better cgi
Oh well, but at least the show closer to books, right?
>>
I didn't think I'd like NPH but he's actually fine.

The orphans are GODAWFUL actors. Christ.

The original orphans could act circles around these Netflix scrubs.

>Warburton
I'm one of those people who will laugh at just about everything he says or does.
>>
>>79446551
The movie. Jim Carrey was wacky, but he was still distinctly playing a character, and the world around him was serious enough to provide balance. The VFD stuff is brought in earlier than in the books, sure, but it never distracts from the actual focus.

In the show, Count Olaf looks, sounds, and acts like Neil Patrick Harris except, of course, when he's in disguise. The world is so silly that Olaf being silly doesn't create contrast. The VFD shit is fucking everywhere. And Sunny is made even younger and given an even higher intellect, so she feels more cartoony than ever.

Aside from the score, the show disappoints on all fronts.
>>
>>79448206
They wanted to keep their kids out of the VFD shit. It's why they were put in the care of Mr. Poe, who has no knowledge of the VFD.
>>
>>79448287
different movie.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.