[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Warriors/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Warriors_018Pyxurz.jpg (153KB, 1600x897px) Image search: [Google]
Warriors_018Pyxurz.jpg
153KB, 1600x897px
I came across this article today /tv/
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/remember-the-warriors-behind-the-chaotic-drug-fueled-and-often-terrifying-making-of-a-cult-classic-7607043

>Fox was cast as the lead
>Fell out with Hill and asked for his credit to be removed
>Swan became the lead

What would the original plan for the film be /tv/?
Who's your favourite Warrior? Why is it Vermin?
Who's your favourite Gang? Who has the best colours?

Are you looking forward to the new series?
Hopes? Dreams?

Warriors Thread.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>79433083
Holy fuck is that Windows?
>>
Pretty great read, thank you OP. I just watched this for the first time a year ago and loved it.

I forget, what's the series going to be on, Hulu?
>>
>>79433083
Great movie, very underrated

Also, Warriors TV Series when? It's literally perfect. The film itself is like one long episode.
>>
>>79433083

The plan was probably originally to have Fox and the girl get together.

Favourite Warrior: cowboy

Favourite Gang: Furies no doubt
>>
>>79433528
I just randomly stumbled upon it when I noticed Thomas Waites wasn't credited for Fox in the movie.
Yeah, it will be on Hulu.
>>79433565
I don't think there is a date set for the show yet, but it is on its way, Russo Brothers are doing it with Paramount.
>>
>>79433665
>>79433665
Waites thought the story was going to focus more on Fox's redemption, with a love story thrown in rather than so much focus on violence. Which ended up being is reason for fucking up, I guess.

Always had a soft spot for Cowboy, he was great in the game.

Furies are a punch of wimps.
>>
Saw this Movie in a theater finally with the original police chatter.

It was cool to see on a big screen.
>>
>>79433973
I'd love to see the original in the cinema.
What's the police chatter like?
>>
>>79434047
it's nothing special it just sets the mood during interlude and when your going in.

If you are in london the Prince Charles Cinema shows it regularly.
>>
>>79434672
My brother lives down there, might be an excuse to go visit.
>>
>>79433083
nice find, op.
pretty impressive to have to reshuffle the entire movie's lead around. maybe the tension and the chaos caused walter hill to be more creative.

my only gripe is the animation/cartoon stuff on the directors cut (bluray). the original theatre release is much better without it. having it start with the wonder wheel sets up the atmosphere 100X more just as 1 example.
honestly didnt know about a warriors tv show. lets see, it might be good.
>>
File: 1468200308617.jpg (8KB, 423x534px) Image search: [Google]
1468200308617.jpg
8KB, 423x534px
>mfw the girl that swan has a romantic plot with was actually gang raped and abandoned in the book
>>
>>79435056
Especially well into filming. Hill having the balls to just ask the stunt coordinator to find a way to kill the Fox so he didn't have to put up with his bullshit is impressive to on top of the reworks.

I have the same feeling about it, I've seen the 3 different openings to the film, and that definitely isn't needed, it's a throwback to the book where one character reads a comic about that Greek story. The boardwalk adds a little extra seeing the Warriors hangout and Cleon assigning roles, but being in daylight just doesn't fit going straight into the Wonder Wheel open and pretty much repeating the same dialogue.

It really is so much better with just the Wheel shot first.
>>
>>79433083
My dad got me this movie when we were in a gas station. I still remember it so clearly. Every detail of how I got it, where I first watched it and how much I loved it.

Can't even imagine how many times I've seen this movie over the years.
>>
>>79433083

This guy was a douche.

He went from being a douche on the Warriors set, to being a douche on the set of The Thing with John Carpenter.

During a Q and A with the cast, he tells how he shows up, reads his script, and then gets this stupid idea about wearing glasses and wanting to change the character name to "windows"....because of the glasses. Carpenter didn't give a fuck, though, and it just shows how fucking stupid actors really are...
>>
File: Reigning fury upon thee.gif (903KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
Reigning fury upon thee.gif
903KB, 250x204px
>>
>>79436417
And his career went nowhere because of it.
>>
File: 1486269839909.jpg (26KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
1486269839909.jpg
26KB, 540x303px
>>79435352
>tfw they were all niggers and spics in the book
>>
I didn't realize for the longest time that the actor who played Ajax was Dexter's father.
>>
the ps2 game was one of the best games of the generation
>>
>>79436890
So he was like Edward Norton before Edward Norton was Edward Norton, except rather than slowly build up your douche powers, he doubled down from the start.
>>
>>79437228
James Remar is the only one to have somewhat of a career, he pops up in some random places.

>>79437338
It is my favourite game, I've had it on Xbox, PS2, PSP and now Rockstar has released it for PS4 and it still holds up great. Definitely worth playing if anyone wants more Warriors.

>>79437489
Some times you just have to go all in.
>>
>>79433083
Holy shit, what was Mark Ruffalo doing in a 1979 film?
>>
>>79433235
yei
>>
>>79433235
I aint going with windows... ill go with childs
>>
>>79437138
Can you dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XXcpBgRIV4
>>
File: This just in.jpg (4KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
This just in.jpg
4KB, 247x204px
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSuROOUxg8
>>
The Warriors is a top 10 kino for me.
>>
Best song coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq6PxR5j3vQ
>>
This is my theme song as I walk through the streets, crushing hipster faggots, niggers, and baseball furies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByT0FErPgfQ
>>
File: klik klik klik.gif (184KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
klik klik klik.gif
184KB, 500x332px
The soundtrack is under-rated as well.

Haunting intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYebjH9fts0
>>
>>79433083
>Swan became the lead
Thank god, what a disappointment it would have been.
>>
>>79433083
There is this very related question for /v/

Do woman understand this movie?
>>
>>79441637
>Do woman understand this movie?
no, add it to the list and fuck /v/
>>
>>79438762
Where's Clark?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.