[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a feeling you like this movie, /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Waterworld.jpg (28KB, 297x443px) Image search: [Google]
Waterworld.jpg
28KB, 297x443px
I have a feeling you like this movie, /tv/
>>
People shit on it but it was honestly not standout bad, it's just average. Most flicks are average. Nearly everything is average, in fact.
>>
I don't know about "/tv/", but I sure as hell don't.
>>
>>79419813
why wouldnt i?
>>
>>79419813
its waterkino
>>
>>79419813
Waterkino.
>>
Kevin Costner is the fuckin worst, while we're at it
fuck that faggot, fuck him to death and fuck his vanity project waterworld trying to be a salty American Mad Max
>>
>>79419813
just wish they had gone with another ending
>>
>>79419813
Its pretty good.
Should really be included as an unofficial expansion to the Mad Max franchise. Definitely better than Thunderdome.
>>
You figured out millennials have nostalgia goggles for shit from the 90's? Good work, gumshoe.
>>
I finally got around to watch the Ulyssses cut and it was pretty good.
>>
>>79419813

No but I do like Postman.
>>
>>79419813
It has its moments
>>
>>79419813
It was one of those movies that had so many publicized production problems that everyone walked in expecting a shitstorm. It ended up being okay, Dennis Hopper was cool.
>>
>>79419813
I liked it when I was a kid. Kinda reminded me of Mad Max movies.
>>
>>79420683

I can't believe I went out of my way to watch that.

Like I literally don't know what possessed me on that day. There was a whole load of other movies I could've watched.
>>
half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour half an hour
>>
File: IMG_20170214_113902.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170214_113902.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Best kino ever. I even have the book. It's in Polish and I'm Austrian but I read it to my kids every night anyway.
>>
>>79419813
Not "good", but not as bad as people make it either. Enjoyable, but forgettable, flick. Decent world building.
>>
>>79420780
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79419813
OK movie.
>>
>>79421030
I don't know...
>>
>>79419813
>I have a feeling you like this movie, /tv/

Why? For Tina Majorino?

Waterworld is a good movie even though Kevin Costner always plays himself.
>>
>>79419813
I've watched it like 25 times it's awesome
>>
>>79421470
I creampied my first sock over her
>>
File: 1486605801098.png (430KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486605801098.png
430KB, 500x479px
>>79419813
My mum's favorite film, dad's is Black Cat White Cat.

Are my parents plebs?
>>
File: Deacon.jpg (134KB, 924x537px) Image search: [Google]
Deacon.jpg
134KB, 924x537px
>>79419813
I love it.
>>
This is the most unjustly trashed movie ever, Waterworld is pure kino.
>>
File: waterworld_3.jpg (43KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
waterworld_3.jpg
43KB, 620x368px
It's not awful, just Mad Max 2 on water

It's pretty much here that the Mad Max 2 comparisons begin. Spoiler: they barely end. George Miller's Mad Max 2 is one of the finest practical action movies committed to film (The Road Warrior and Waterworld were both shot by Dean Semler, not coincidentally). Swap the deserts for water, the trucks for boats and the need for fuel for the need for 20 Bensons, and Waterworld bears a lot of similarities. Tellingly, Waterworld is nearly twice as long.

Costner's Mariner, as with Mel Gibson's Max, is actually unnamed for the entire film, and both characters aren't really very pleasant people. Both are helped by people who make flying contraptions, both find themselves outsiders to the people they're trying to help, and both turn a little bit nice towards the end.

Director Reynolds draws influence from George Miller too. Several times, he shoots his action from overhead, boats circling the floating community in the manner that any old vehicle circled the desert-based one. We're not going to push the comparison further, just to say that if you were drawing Venn diagrams, and you need two films to interlock a lot, we can recommend a couple of DVDs to get you started. Waterworld isn't as good a film, but it's still a solid one.

It's at its best when it doesn't leave you pointing at the screen and questioning what it's actually doing. Thus, early on, The Mariner floats his vessel into an atoll, checking everything out as if he's on a slow-moving boat ride at a Disney theme park. Then, he finds a shop that's sold out of everything, but, er, a tomato plant. Why? No idea. It just is.

But hang on! You know that Dry Land everyone's looking for? Here's a young girl, Enola, who's not the daughter of Jeanne Tripplehorn's Helen, but may as well be, who seems to have a map on the back. A map that nobody can read, until someone works out near the end of the film that it's, er, upside down. Yep.
>>
This thread made me want to watch waterworld again. Thanks op!
>>
>>79420958
jej
>>
>>79422066
Patricians imo.

Dad - The Fifth Element
Mom - Dune

Their favorite song - Duran Duran - The Wild Boys

Country of origin - Kosovo and Fyrom.

rate mine
>>
>>79420975
But it isn't forgettable. Everyone still talks about it.
>>
>>79419826
you are for example
>>
>>79420958
Are you polish or did you learn the language?
>>
>>79419813
It's a fuckin masterpiece.
>>
>>79419864
>>79419873
Waterkinomind
>>
>>79419911

The ocean is dried up in Mad Max world. Waterworld is totally in the spirit of Mad Max though.
>>
>>79426164
the ocean can't dry
>>
>>79419910
Like the water disappears somehow and everyone lives on the dry ocean floor. Shipwrecks and dry coral reefs everywhere.
>>
>>79419908
You need to go back to pointlessly killing kangaroo's now.
>>
>>79419813
It was really really bad, liking this movie only proves how little you understand of movies
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.