[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo: The Movie, will it happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: halo-poster1.jpg (88KB, 688x984px) Image search: [Google]
halo-poster1.jpg
88KB, 688x984px
When is this going to be a movie /tv/?

Masterchief and the Arbiter in a feature film would be baller.
>>
Yes, it's called Aliens.
>>
It should happen.
>>
>2017
>Halo having the cultural relevancy to support a AAA blockbuster film

This series is literally a decade past it's peak
>>
>faceless guy runs around shooting crappy looking aliens for 2 hours.
>>
It should have happened in 2007 when Halo was at it's absolute peak

Who the fuck is hyped for Halo 6 or whatever we're up to now? It's just another faceless blockbuster title at this point that gets bundled with a new xbone
>>
Peter Jackson already tried around the time Halo 3 came out. It failed then, it would fail now.
>>
>>79412989
>>79413012
>>79413030

You guys are the most tasteless fucks I've heard of.
>>
>>79413104
Why would anyone make a movie that's guaranteed to fail?
>>
File: 1482547867219.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1482547867219.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>79412942
Video game movies are shit and should not exist. Name 1 (one) video game movie that was good.
>>
>>79413143
ExistenZ
>>
>>79413104

Anon, you're a fool trying to circle jerk about your special snowflake video game character.
>>
>>79413104
I know you love Halo anon, but you have to remove your head from the sand and realise that the franchise is stale as fuck and nobody cares about it now

Even COD is dead
>>
File: ALLICEEE.jpg (229KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
ALLICEEE.jpg
229KB, 500x657px
>>79413143

>Lasted over 6 movies and is now in the works for a direct to television show.

>Grossed over 1 billion at the box office over its 15 year run.

Yeah...Unsuccessful my ass
>>
>>79413030
hero cinema? hide the face so it gives the audience the illusion that they are the main character, living an experience instead of watching someone else's experience.
>>
I had this idea for a Halo trilogy where the first movie starts with the Spartans as kids enduring the torture of being trained as Spartans. The plot would be centered around a lab assistant who stages a coup to save these kids. It would be very dark and feature a lot of really horrific violence and medial type horror. We would see Covenant aliens being tortured and experimented on, kids being pushed to their limits and broken mentally, things like that.

>Second movie would be centered around the fall of Reach story. Would have a lighter feel to it, more like an adventure but we're seeing these Spartans as adults now and what that's like for people built in a lab.

>Third movie would be Masterchief, last of the Spartans, taking down the first Halo ring.

and I don't give a fuck about lore. These video game movies need to take source material and make something mostly original out of it. Do what Nolan did with Batman.
>>
>>79413451
>the illusion that they are the main character, living an experience instead of watching someone else's experience.
That's called empathy and identification and it's the basis of all storytelling ever
>>
>>79412942
I will never understand this meme of wanting certain video games to be turned into movies.
Halo is something best enjoyed when you actually fucking PLAY it, you retard.
>>
It almost happened, and should have, but Microsoft acted with complete hubris and demanded far too much, refusing to cooperate at all with studios. Good article on it

https://www.wired.com/2012/04/halo-movie-generation-xbox/

>actually having fully dressed spartans show up to deliver scripts

I'm kind of happy it didnt happen, because I can see it would have taken itself far too seriously, like a saving private ryan in space, overly dramatic instead of a super badass cyber marine space battle fair.

I think its definitely too late and Halo has lost its luster
>>
Halo is dead these days, 343 drove it into the fucking ground by retconning everything into shit tier story and muh lore. Last Halo I played was Halo 4, fucking joke of a game.

Halo 1 and 2 are the absolute best of the series, 3 was okay, a decent ending, ODST was a neat idea but it was going CoDcore at that point, Reach was the beginning of a new shit era, 4 was a corpse DOA.
>>
>>79413882
>taken itself far too seriously
Either you take it seriously or you have fun. Halo is pretty dramatic and the lore is really dark you can either play off that and do A Dark Knight in space, or be a Marvel movie.
>>
>>79413752
Yeah I don't get it either. A game is already like an animated film, it's not like a book/comic adaptation that gains something by being adapted to a a visual, moving picture medium.
>>
>>79414031

Yea I suppose. I dont want marvel levels of quipping, but when I watch those shorts I get kinda turned off by the heavy handed score and epic war is hellness.

Im just glad the series is left with out a movie desu, we dont need it, not that I ever played it for the story anyway
>>
>>79414031
Halo is dramatic, yes, it's over the top to a certain extent and plays it straight, tells it's story and has fun with it. It never went into a super serious emotional route, that started coming in later with Cortana trapped on High Charity. But at its core, it did know it was about the last supersoldier fighting an insane alien theocracy over the terrible secret of an alien god-race's space prisons which housed a galaxy consuming parasite. Let's be real, no one played Halo for the story, they played for gameplay and the story just happened to be a very sold framework to introduce some really fun environments and monsters.
>>
Too late now: it should have happened years ago when the series was at the height of its pop-cultural salience.

It's kind of old hat now
>>
>>79412942
>anything Halo related after 3
Put in the fucking trashcan.
>>
>>79414053
You do know there are Halo books right? The franchise is much more than a couple of shooter games. You people seem to be missing that.
>>
File: 1441395841047.jpg (21KB, 394x390px) Image search: [Google]
1441395841047.jpg
21KB, 394x390px
>Wanting a Halo movie
>Not wanting a 12-hour long Metal Gear Solid movie that is extremely convoluted

You fucking faggots.
>>
>>79414735
>video game novels
How embarrassing!
>>
File: tumblr_ny0y8qqFYk1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg (708KB, 1280x1579px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny0y8qqFYk1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg
708KB, 1280x1579px
>>79414747
>12-hour long Metal Gear Solid movie that is extremely convoluted
Got you covered senpai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K977NxGhyU
>>
>>79414762
Nice meme friend, most of the books aren't directly related to anything in the games. It's as valid a sci-fi universe as anything that comes out these days and has plenty of lore to go through for a movie
>>
>>79414747
>It's a Metal Gear is convoluted episode

The entire story is just plot devices for the sake of character drama and monologues.

Also the story went to shit when Kojimbo got a hard on for Big Boss. MGS3 is the worst Metal Gear.
>>
>there will never be a full length ODST movie with a comfy neo noir theme set in New Mombasa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxbFMtx0Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
>>
If they were going to do it the script needs to be good. Revolve around ODST of Marines and have S-II's appear with almost mythical status to convey just what they are in the Haloverse.

A 90 minute alien shoot em up would be dogshit and fail.
>>
File: 1438203431932.jpg (103KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
1438203431932.jpg
103KB, 442x740px
>>79414783
>Not wanting this live action
>>
File: floodarchives.jpg (469KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
floodarchives.jpg
469KB, 1000x563px
>>79414876
This. I don't give a fuck about snowflake Spartan 2's.

I'm somewhat surprised as to why there isn't a Halo horror flood game where you play as a marine yet.
>>
I unironically would be interested in a film tbf. The one good thing that comes from being made a decade after it's peak would mean a much bigger chance of the director giving a shit instead of just using it as a cash cow. I think it would've inevitably been a clusterfuck of CG with shitty dialogue back in the day.
>>
>>79412942
District 9 was supposed to be Halo. Props were being built for Halo but the deal with MS fell apart, so they refused assets for D9. Go check out the promotional videos for Halo 3 with those two ODSTs and that promo vid for the ODST game. Then watch D9
>>
>>79414872
You have no friends and no woman will ever love you.
>>
File: Super-Mario-Bros-Moviepic1.jpg (150KB, 1000x1527px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Mario-Bros-Moviepic1.jpg
150KB, 1000x1527px
>>79413143
>actually still denying this is kino in 2017
>>
File: 1466169431785.png (175KB, 302x297px) Image search: [Google]
1466169431785.png
175KB, 302x297px
>>79415002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs&t

I would pay good money to see this completed.
>how brutal the spikers really are
>>
Realistically, for a good Halo film, you either make an adaptation of Contact Harvest or Fall of Re-

Oh wait, they already did Fall of Reach in a direct to DVD animation.
>>
>>79413012
>AAA
>>>/v/
>>
People are forgetting that a Warcraft movie also came out 10 years after it's relevancy. It made a fuck ton of money.
>>
>>79415219
WoW is still popular. Halo 5 flopped and everybody hates 343.
>>
>>79415276

Every person who played the first 3 Halos would go see it, out of pure nostalgia.
>>
>>79415276
Some of the lore in 343 novels is great and is sometimes just as good as Bungie lore.

Games suck, books are more mixed leaning to the positive side of things.
>>
>>79415315
Cringed desu.
>>
>>79415315
>343
>good
Delete yourself
>>
>WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT A SERIES THAT HAS NOTHING UNIQUE OR IDENTIFIABLE ABOUT IT (AS A RESULT OF EVERYTHING IN IT BEING STOLEN FROM OTHER FRANCHISES) UNLESS YOU'RE A HUGE FAN OF THE SERIES

gee i wonder
>>
>>79415340
>>79415356
343 ruined the series as a game but have contributed to the lore via the books.
>>
>>79415374
Hasn't stopped (((them))) before.
>>
>>79415374
(You)
>>
>>79415457
Do you regret that you're never going to know the touch of a woman?
>>
>wanting a Halo movie after 4 and 5
At least Reach was its own self contained thing. And don't crawl up my ass about Fall of Reach. The only good things in the books are the ship battles.
>>
>>79415470
It literally did stop them dead and we ended up with district 9.
>>
>>79413143
>Name 1 (one) video game movie that was good.
Ace Attorney now kill you'reself before you come up with a shitty greentext reply
>>
>>79414747
> wanting a character named Hot Coldman on screen
> wanting hamfisted dialogue only a /v/tard could stomach
>>
>>79413397
I bet you like transformers.
>>
>>79412942
Master Chef is somehow a nothing character AND a mary sue. Would make a terrible movie.
>>
They missed their chance. Could have made a fucking fortune. Morons
>>
>>79413596
>fall of Reach story. Would have a lighter feel to it, more like an adventure
terrible
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.