[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Anyone think this will outclass Force Awakens and Rogue One? A lot of people I know were complaining about the lack of lightsaber battles like the earlier films. Apparently this is suppose to bring all that back.
>>
>>79412530

The Force Awakens was gay and so are you.
>>
>>79413366
/thread
>>
>>79412530
>IX
>>
What there is a time travel story line and Rey is actually Snoke?
>>
>>79413366
Homosexual OP BTFO
>>
why does she still carry that gigantic dildo?
>>
>>79412530
Force Awakens was utter trash meant to appeal to preteen girls who now think Star Wars is hip because of twitter and Hot Topic.

Kill yourself
>>
>>79413366
double dubs confirms

star wars is for gays
>>
>>79412530

>outclass Force Awakens

Not exactly a challenge
>>
if Rian Johnson lets me down I may literally kill myself.
>>
Anyone who's seen Brick or even Looper will know that Rian has way better chances of rivalling Lucas than JJ or Edwards. My concern is if Disney will fuck around with Rian's vision like they did Edwards' (and Abrams' too, TFA had just as many reshoots as Rogue One but it was kept on the down low, and you can see why).
>>
File: 1452105496182.jpg (23KB, 352x349px) Image search: [Google]
1452105496182.jpg
23KB, 352x349px
>>79413366
>>
>>79413969

Reshoots did not change the main narrative or too much of those films. JJ changed TFA during production when harrison ford was crushed by a door. Reshoots are usually done to change tone of scenes, and minor re-writes. It's really not done for anything major, like action set-piece or so on.
>>
>>79413969
But anon Looper was bad. But that was probably more in the writing than anything, and you'd have to film paint dry with an ancient flip phone to make a film worse than force awakens.
>>
>>79412530
Why does it say 9 instead of 8?

>lack of lightsaber battles
Are we judging it by the prequels? The original trilogy had very few, like one every movie.
>>
>>79413969
Not to mention Rian seems to be a fan of the prequel trilogy and sees them for the practically flawed masterworks they are.
>>
>>79414082
I didn't know that.

I'm officially hype. Ep 3 unironically one of my favorite movies, and pre-fall Anakin one of my favorite fictional heroes
>>
>>79414082
I wish we could go back in time and have Spielberg direct the prequel trilogy like was originally planned. Lucas' original vision with competent execution would've been something truly special.

If you fix the lousy acting and dialogue as well as clean up the poor VFX/green-screen usage in EP3 there's a masterpiece there.
>>
>>79414054
Looper was bad but TFA wasn't a shit movie
It's a soulless cashgrab on the same level as most Marvel shit coming out nowadays, it's retreading of old ground in an established universe purely for profit
It may be corporate and completely void of soul but it's still not particularly offensive in any way, as it was designed to be
>>
>>79414082
I don't have a screencap handy, but on twitter he said they were a pretty functional morality tale about the dangers of greed and power.

I don't get the whole 'not for kids!' argument because if there's one thing kids walk with from, from viewing the prequels, it's a pretty clear lesson about hate/greed/power.
>>
>>79412530
>episode 9
???
>>
>>79414113
same desu
>>
>>79414225
>It's a soulless cashgrab on the same level as most Marvel shit coming out nowadays
Marvel may be unoriginal in that its macguffin + reluctant hero + friend turned baddie, etc, but LITERALLY remaking a movie from 1977 with a sprinkle more special effects, callbacks to said 1977 original, and millenial culture (forced female protagonist mary sue, bumbling black sidekick) is 100x more insulting to any reasonable moviegoer than iron man 7: when cap met tony
>>
>>79414189
You'd have to re-write the entirety of episodes 1 and 2 (and a lot of 3) to make a trilogy that's actually worth something. It doesn't really matter how good the concept sounds when it doesn't actually work in practice.

I mean maybe some of 1 is salvageable but fuck if 2 isn't a huge piece of shit.
>>
File: grievous.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
grievous.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>79414113

I really love ep3 as well. We should have gotten way more ep3. I wish Ep3 was even longer. If only ep 1 and 2 were 1 movie, just stretch ep3 out into two movies, it was fun.
>>
How can any self proclaimed """"""""""patrician"""""""""" on /tv/ be looking forward to TLJ after seeing the demented, soulless, assembly-line, flick-by-committee, vapid troglodytic pile of dog turd that is TFA?

You people disgust me!
>>
>>79414275
>>79414225
I don't think there's a comparison between Marvel and TFA. They may have the same goals of being universally crowd pleasing, but while Marvel movies may be forgettable they are super functional - Civil War is 100x times better written than TFA in the ways it balances characters and their arcs. Whereas TFA can't even get one main arc across, despite the strength of the premise. And when you think about it, since A New Hope is as perfect an adaptation of Campbell's The Hero's Journey as you can get, TFA would have benefitted from borrowing more from the structure of ANH.
>>
>>79414275
It's the exact same shit anon you're just biased against TFA, I'm assuming because you like Star Wars more than Marvel properties

>implying all recent hero origin stories weren't just Iron Man with the suit replaced with their respective powers
Dr Strange in particular was just Iron Man with Buddhist magic
>>
>>79414387

Im not him, but I fully agree. It is NOT the same. Im a marvel fan for sure, grew up with x-men, so avengers were never my thing, grew up with star trek and star wars, I love the stuff. Episode 7 was not made with plot and narrative in mind. There's a difference between winking at the audience by having Rhodey look at the silver iron man suit and say "next time baby" vs Leia flat out saying "and don't mention the death star" One is hinting at a future possibility within the world and universe. The other is a step backward in order to self reference and break the 4th wall.

marvel built their franchise that way. Star wars was not built that way. To need to wink at the audience to things that happened before is pedestrian.
>>
>>79414249
OP can't count shock.
>>
>>79412530
>outclass two shit flicks
it probably won't desu
>>
>>79414054
>>79414225
>Looper was bad
You both have shit taste.
>>
>>79414054
>Looper was bad

lol what a pleb. The "life in a day" sequence is better than anything from whatever faggot tier movies you enjoy
>>
>>79414812
>>79415050
fucking A. That movie was ruined by cinemasins and the like who only look at narratives superficially checking off boxes. There's a huge difference between the sci fi concept not making sense (commonly reffered to as 'plot holes') and characters' motivations being inconsistent throughout the movie (as occurs multiple times inTFA). I would argue consistency in character matters a helluva lot more than consistency in plot (even though looper's was pretty consistent as far as time travel movies go).
>>
>>79415264
Looper was 1000 times more pleasing to the eye than TFA, at least IMO. Don't even give the fuck about the wibbly wobbly timey wimey shit because time is a flat circle and the movie was just wonderful to watch, had such a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>79412530
Rogue one was good, but if TLJ is what ESB was to the origial trilogy it will be based
>>
>>79412530
>outclass Force Awakens and Rogue One
In terms of being shit? Sure.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.