[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: John_Wick_Chapter_Two.png (122KB, 220x339px) Image search: [Google]
John_Wick_Chapter_Two.png
122KB, 220x339px
What went right?
>>
I think objectively 2 was the better film, but I personally like the simplicity of the first film.

Some faggot kills John's dog and steals his car, now he wants revenge. That's all you needed.
>>
>>79409532
The formula of JW1 held up. It seems people just miss the simpler times of good action movies where "action" still meant something.
>>
>>79409577
I feel a sense of relief in the implication you're making that the plot of 2 isn't the death of dog 2.
>>
>>79409630
The conflict is more convoluted this time around.

Which is indeed a good thing, it would be absurd if it was again some faggot messing with Wick for no reason.
>>
>>79409630
It's pretty hard to spoil, really. But still, go watch the movie before going to /tv/, that's just common sense.

When the dude picked up a grenade launcher, I vowed to get the fuck out of the theater in an instant if they killed his dog a second time.
>>
>>
I wonder, between the two films, how many people have we seen Wick killing? 100? 200?
>>
File: 1480684062012.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1480684062012.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
>>79409736
>max landis
>>
>>79409577
Agreed.

I enjoyed 1 more, but 2 is the better-made film that does what every good sequel should: keep the formula that made the first so successful while not being a direct copy of it and up the stakes on everything.

The Club scene wasn't topped in 2, although the ending museum scene came pretty close.

Also, every time Fishburne was on screen my mind expected him to offer John the red pill.
>>
>>79409532
It did what sequels are supposed to do, which is take the first film, and up the ante.

Remember what made Terminator 2 the greatest Sequel ever made? That it took everything about 1, and made it "bigger, badder".

Wick 2 did that.

1 was about John. it was a very personal movie. it was him, with NY as his playground, and the russian mafia. And that was it.

This time, it's him in NY, and then Rome, and then NY again. And he deals with far more groups. Youve got the Italian Mob, the leftovers of the first movie's russian mob, youve got the Bowry King, they expand on the continental, and they introduce that "table of 12", which seems to be a high ranking mafia committee thing.

in 1, they kill the dog his wife left him, and steal his car.

in 2, they take his house, and by the end, take pretty much everything else short of his life away. He doesn't have the continental anymore, he is not even free. he is now a fugitive from the entire underworld

also, while the first movie was him coming out of retirement for revenge, this one ups the ante by dealing with the ramifications of coming back.

Winston said in 1, "You got out once, if you dip so much as a pinkie back into this pond, you may well find that something reaches out and drags you back in"

in 2, that is in full display.

2 is basically like 1, but "bigger and badder". it does what a good sequel does.
>>
>>79409736
>implying Sign language isn't talking

I think he needs to check his ableist privilege
>>
Everything
>>
Don't listen to any of those sycophants.

It did one thing, and only one thing perfectly.

It demonstrated how a Martial Art with Guns is a realistic discipline, many other movies tried this and failed, cough, cough, "/Wanted"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.