[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollywood live action adaption when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: Gantzheader.jpg (45KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
Gantzheader.jpg
45KB, 800x524px
Hollywood live action adaption when?
>>
Was this as good as the anime?
>>
>tfw gantz o this month
>>
All I know about Gantz is there's an anime scene where the short protagonist fucks a tall woman against the wall that I beat off too.
>>
I keep forgetting they made a few movies of this. Remember the year long fight with the japanese monsters? Remember when god had hitler's face?
>>
>>79389692
No. the movie is bad.
>>79389753
that was in the manga, not anime.
>>
>>79389153

It'd be real easy too, and with the manga completed it can cut out all the stupid crap
>>
>>79390578
Fuck man when's gantz:0
>>
>>79390046
Remember when the mangaka just said fuck it and decided to throw textureless cg models in a black and white manga and think it was fine? At least the little guy raping the giantess ayy was nice.
>>
>>79390578
I think he means the Lara croft chick the first one he fucks
>>
>>79390602

seeing feb 22 for the blu ray, might have to hold off on killing myself.
>>
>>79390578
why was it bad, the trailer looked great
>>
>>79389692
Part 1 was decent. Part 2 was an utter trainwreck of bad action and unexplained plot holes just like the anime I guess...
>>
Was the ending of the manga any good? I stopped reading after vampires started to appear
>>
What should I do. I binged watched the anime and i thought it was entertaining but retarded. Should I read the manga/watch the live actiom stuff?
>>
>>79390804

The manga is paced like crap but it's finished so it might read better.
>>
>>79390741
Im pretty sure it was a shit ending that was rushed and came out of nowhere, at least thats where I read somewhere I didnt keep up with it.
>>
>>79390804
the manga is pretty good but not if you thought the concept of the anime was retarded
>>
>>79389153
wouldn't surprise me now that edge of tomorrow, ghost in the shell and death note exist
hollywood would just take the basic premise and shit it all up to get a pg13 rating though
>>79390804
the manga has a lot of cool stuff but it really goes off the rails in some places and makes no fucking sense at all
>>
>>79390695
>why was it bad, the trailer looked great
Gantz: O and the Live action movie are two different things
>>79390641
Oh, I thought he meant the alien in the last arc.
>>79390674
Gantz:O cut out like half of the main cast, it'll be shit but a nice looking piece of shit.
>>
File: 2x04_Good_Grief_(32)[1].png (941KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
2x04_Good_Grief_(32)[1].png
941KB, 1440x810px
>>79389153
>tfw still waiting for a fucking Gantz:O rip
>>
>Gantz O doesn't have Daizaemon "Muscle Rider" Kaze, Kill Bill and Host Vampire
>No slugfest between Nurahiyon and Muscle Rider
>Teacher fucking a titty yokai wasn't animated.

Final Arc adaptation, when?! I wanna see Mary Mclane and Kaze punch stuff and George Clooney.
>>
>>79389153
this would be kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eha9wXz1hzY

>your love and your first fuck brought back from death before your eyes
>ripped apart right away
>>
>>79389153
Gantz is shit. Vomit-tier especially the last chapters. That's a nice casting, though.
>>
>>79390804
what the other said. i still think it's one of the best mangas ever, even if it felt sometimes it's just written from episode to episode with random ideas.

also if you're a feminist there is now a new Gantz:G titled manga running, with schoolgirls as the team
>>
>>79390741
No it was absolutely terrible. It's clear that the author didn't have any planned explanation for Gantz and just threw a mixture of stupid shit (some german retarded woman decodes an alien message) and straightforward, boring explanations (the aliens that must be killed are actually aliens that must be killed) and called it a day. But not before filling a hundred or more chapters with some of the most boring and stretched story of the entire manga.

Read until the Osaka mission finishes and stop.
>>
>>79389723
im so hyppeeeddd
>>
>>79391537
also Danny Trejo alien?
>>
>>79389153
I'm still hurt about Reika
>>
>>79390741
Mary Mclane took Muscle Rider's kiss virginity and they're seen together with Muscle Shota at the final page. They're probably living together now and enjoy rough and passionate sparring in bed daily.

Kato has Anzu, his lil'bro and his wife's son at the end. I say it's pretty good end.

>>79391745
Fuck yeah, Trejo Alien and Cherry doing a 9/11 on the alien city because his waifu died.
>>
>>79391537
>Final Arc adaptation
Why the fuck would anyone want an adaptation of that piece of shit arc? There is nothing redeemable about it. Assuming you are talking about Earth's invasion.
>>
File: 74a.jpg (54KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
74a.jpg
54KB, 600x513px
>>79391941
>>
>>79391941
>alien invasion
>human taken to concentration camps
>huge alien city
>giant mechas
>Cherry's telekinetik rampage
>godlike alien >>79391585
>Kei saving his lover
>happy end

it's all there what a blockbuster needs, even more

what's there not to love
>>
>>79392081
Everything you say is wasted for the following reasons:
>boring aliens which are just enlarged humans. They think, act and talk like humans, nothing to do with the imaginative enemies from previous missions.
>mediocre characters all around, by that point there are no interesting character arcs happening except maybe cloned key, but that goes nowhere
>"Love story" is limited to Key shouting TAEEEEE during a hundred pages while running. Pedo side story was kind of fun though, the rest was dragging horseshit
>Hitler aliens are pointless, appear after a shitty deus ex machina and are pretentious in the original sense of the word. The author can't write for shit, his attempts at deep philosophical conversations fall so short it's laughable

I'll give you cherry who is okay at some points but that's it.
>>
>>79390618
Yeah, I remember.
>>
File: gs.jpg (25KB, 526x295px) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
25KB, 526x295px
Too pollitically incorrect for a Hollywood adaptation unless they cut a lot of stuff
>>
File: TTHTNn4l.png.jpg (73KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
TTHTNn4l.png.jpg
73KB, 593x640px
Gantz highest point was when they where fighting that alien who keep transforming and transforming, he even had a transformation that was just a bunch of naked woman together. Shit was intense.
>>
>>79393644
Rome mission was dope too
>>
>>79394772
That was cool, seeing Kei fight off dozens of them with half his body gone. Personally I liked all the gantz teams showing up in tokyo saving Kei's life

Too bad they didn't expand on any of the ideas that could have easily been stretched into arcs, like the Zaibatsu Gantz team. At the end, it was evident that Oku was running out of ideas and just threw everything he had left into a blender, hoping the spectacle would make up for it.

Speaking of which, anyone reading Inu Yashiki?
>>
>>79393644
That was great but really I think the high point of the manga was when Tae-chan was the target and Kurono had to try to save her. It was by far the best part of Kurono's arch.
>>
File: nm1b1k[1].png (301KB, 639x457px) Image search: [Google]
nm1b1k[1].png
301KB, 639x457px
>>79389692
Anime ends where the manga doesn't even start senpai.
>>
>>79395503

It's funny looking at this, I dropped Gantz so long ago but one of my fondest moments is the MC wearing his suit to school and letting the bullies wail on him and he doesn't feel shit and then one of the damn aliens follows him there and wreaks havoc

Wonder if the mangaka was a fan of Parasyte
>>
>>79395032
Would have loved to see USA team, fucking badass.

AMERICANS
>>
>>79391983
>ywn dominate giant aliens with an iron (but fair) fist
>>
>>79390804
If there was anything you liked about the anime, I guess go for it, never watched it myself though.
Ton of great monster design and the monsters fucking up people was really all I got out of it.
>>
Hard to find this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnwlXVkvRw

GANTZ:O - 3D Animation Teaser Trailer
>>
>>79395633
you mean the chibi alien?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXT3_aPUNDw

has any other other manga dealt with such social fuckups/horrors like this? i know this was the first I saw which had
>school bullying (even forced homo sex in Cherry's plot)
>school massacre (chibi alien)
>mass murder (Izumi plotline)
>wife and child abuse (Takeshi plotline)
>>
>>79395975
it's just trying to be as edgy as possible
it doesn't actually deal with any of the fallout or actual subject matter in a meaningful way
equivalent to edgy teenager drawings
>>
>>79395975

The manga I mentioned Parasyte/Kiseijuu written in the late 80s, alien spores fall to Earth and start infecting humans, the spore is supposed to attack the brain and possess the body but the mc gets hit in his hand instead so he retains his own will and starts to communicate with it, later on a fully possessed alien attacks his school and he barely survives the encounter, also his mother gets possessed and he has to kill her, in addition he also starts to lose empathy and his humanity due to the rebuilding of his body with the alien cells
>>
>>79396139
edgy or not those things unfortunately happen IRL
>>
>>79389153
Because chinese cartoons are too stupid even by the american standards.
>>
>>79397830
anime is japanese
>>
>>79397893
Isn't anime a kind of comic books?
>>
>>79397959
thats manga
manga =comic book
anime=cartoon
>>
>>79395975
Well, in the original Devilman at some point MC is fed up with mankind and kill all of them after they killed his gf and her little brother.
>>
>>79398634

Wait, wasn't that demons that did that though?
>>
>>79398672
It's been a long time since I've read the manga but basically at some point there were lots of half demons like Devilman, a third faction lead by Devilman himself that was fighting against demons for the sake of mankind, but men started torture half demons and when people came to know Akira was Devilman they went to his house, killing his gf and the kid, dismembering them and started a parade with their body parts as a trophy.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.