[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie wasn't very good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3813.jpg (168KB, 701x1092px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3813.jpg
168KB, 701x1092px
Be honest
>>
Just don't think about it, movies are just supposed to be fun, especially one about aliens
>>
First half was great.
>>
It was outstanding.

You're just a moron.
>>
>>79387371
That movie was not even fun
2 hours of boring purposeless dialogues and then a """twist""" does not make a movie fun
It's only redeeming factor is that the aliens looked cool
>>
Second half was great.
>>
>>79387327
WHAT A TWEEST
>>
It was 30 minutes too long
>>
i dont know why they threw the sick daughter thing in there.

and i dont like the concept of fate and a predetermined future either.
>>
>>79387327
my gf left me over this flick, i said it was an independence day prequel instead it was a pretentious art college trash

that milf is dudehot tho bruh #fratlife
>>
>>79387327
another thinly disdguised jew "no boarders world peace" trash movie
>>
>>79387540
It's neither fate nor predetermined future
>>
>they see aliens and a twist
>they don't see a story of a character handling being aware of current and future pain

wew, and to think I didn't take the ribbit memes seriously.
>>
>>79387327
kino
>>
>>79387327
At least it was better than capeshit, which is good enough for me.
>>
>say you didn't like it

>y-you didn't understand it!
>y-your complains aren't valid!
>i-it was nominated for oscars!

Arrival fags are the worst
>>
>>79387327
Didn't watch it. Can't stand Amy Adam's fetal down syndrome face and acting.
>>
>>79387593

I'm personally insulted that there are anons dumb enough not to get the movie.
>>
>>79387477
Agreed.

>>79387484
There was no twist. Are you retarded?

>>79387519
What twist?

>>79387600
Why post this?

>>79387738
Agreed. Better to remember that /tv/ has the average age of 14.
>>
>>79387836
What kind of autistic fag do you have to be to post like this?
>>
>>79388220
I like to address many issues at once. It is a time-saving and intelligent way of posting. Your post is trash and brings nothing to the table!
>>
>>79388304
>you
>intelligent

nah
>>
>>79388317
You sound very bright.
>>
>>79388304
Sounds like reddit is more your speed bud.
>>
>>79388304
intelligent people don't enjoy shit film (such as arrival) :)
>>
I hate Jeremy Renner's face.

Why does he get to be a movie star?
>>
>>79388334
I've been posting here for 9 years and never once been to reddit. Is reddit supposed to be an insult nowadays? What does it imply?
>>
>>79387327

It's ok, but not as good as other Villeneuve Flicks
>>
File: f93[1].png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
f93[1].png
279KB, 898x790px
>>79388304
>tfw too intelligent too be smart
>>
>>79388338
Intelligent people enjoy films more because they are more capable of understanding the film. Maybe you should stick to Independence Day or Men In Black?
>>
>>79388359
>been here 9 years
>never been called reddit
yeah ok buddy
>>
File: contact.webm (3MB, 950x395px) Image search: [Google]
contact.webm
3MB, 950x395px
Better than Interstellar, not as good as Contact.
>>
Didn't get it, can someone explain?

Aliens land, people try to communicate with them, Amy learns their language, sees the future. Future seeing language was aliens trade for humans, they will have to help them in 3000 years.

Did I miss something, eventhough I didn't hate the movie (I like both of the actors), I don't think I got it, or if I did, it was pretty dull.
>>
>>79388377
>capable of understanding arrival

>tfw too intelligent to enjoy movies with actual writing
>>
>>79388418
Wow, that's pretty nice scene.
>>
>>79388407
I never said that I had never been called reddit. I asked what it was meant to imply?

I came here in 2008 after many years of posting on Ebaums World. You are probably far more au fait with reddit than I will ever be.

>>79388455
Nonsensical drivel. Debate with words, not memery.
>>
>>79388485
>ebaums world
you're pre-reddit reddit
>>
>>79387327
Better than anything else that came out in 2016

>>79388439
What sort of expectations do you have of film? Because it has more substance than 95% of blockbuster schlock that Hollywood shits out
>>
File: 1475446930961[1].jpg (161KB, 450x457px) Image search: [Google]
1475446930961[1].jpg
161KB, 450x457px
>>79388485
Alas good sport these posters are rather pedantic aren't they? It would beseech thee to partake of the site for african american cuckolding.
>>
>>79388509
Still no answer. What is reddit meant to imply as an insult? Or is it just a meme word that you have adopted because you are a shit-for-brains sheep?
>>
File: 1367609233579.jpg (33KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1367609233579.jpg
33KB, 251x242px
>movie is called arrival
>the whole movie is about figuring out why they arrived
>it's because they need help in 3000 years
>we don't know why
>>
>>79388549
If you had any type of social intelligence you could infer based on the insane amount of data presented in front of you.
How's aspergers dude?
>>
>>79388565
>need help in 3000 years
>time is irrelevant to them
??
>>
>>79387327
It's a 3/10
>>
>>79387327
terrible plot is one thing, but amy adams being the lead just butchered what it might have had
>>
>>79388634
*sips wine*
>>
>>79388568
There is no data. You are trying to sound intelligent but are just using empty words. How is it to be a low functioning pleb?

>>79388634
Stick to capeshit. Try watching it again in ten years.
>>
>>79387593
>say you didn't like it

>y-you didn't understand it!
>y-your complains aren't valid!
>i-it was nominated for oscars!

You could apply this logic to any movie you dumb fuck
>>
>>79387327
of course this was not good movie
>>
>>79388657
>You are trying to sound intelligent but are just using empty words. How is it to be a low functioning pleb?

TOP projecting there buddy.
>>
>>79388657

you can stop now it's become clear claiming to not understand this movie is a new ebin trolle.
>>
>>79388685
You clearly do not understand projection. Once again you have latched on to a word without understanding it.

Show me the data. Explain reddit as an insult to me or kindly shit off.
>>
>>79388715
>ywn so retarded to want the whole world explained to you because you're too retarded to infer anything
>>
>>79388665
That's the point he was making you dumb fuck.
>>
>>79388657
It's hillarious how people don't realise arrival IS capeshit. Villeneuve is the best at making everyone feel smarter than they really are.
>>
>>79388755
Enjoy your low-paid life of buzzwords and memes. What was the last book you read? Why don't you fuck off back to Facebook? You are so Facebook that it hurts.

Little Facebook faggot.
>>
File: birdcbird-in-cage.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
birdcbird-in-cage.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
why the bird? what's its purpose?
>>
>>79388798
wow what does facebook mean?
is that an insult?
me a too sutpid to understand so that must meen ur dumb!
>>
>>79388780
You are a special kind of stupid. What evidence do you have of your claim?

The Dunning–Kruger effect is strong in this thread.
>>
>>79388802
it's supposed to be an indicator for oxygen levels. Miners do the same.
>>
>>79388815
Wiki-fu warrior-san teach me your ways
>>
>>79388826
Makes perfect sense its not like we have modern technology to do that.
>>
>>79388588
Time is not irrelevant to them. They just perceive their existence in it's entirety so their form of communication reflects that. If time wasn't relevant to them they would be using it to communicate. The movie is fucking retarded; it's main point is that time and fate are set.
>>
>>79388878
The bird is a living organism. If there was something in the atmosphere harmful to the bird then most likely it would be harmful to the humans.

Electronic equipment may not be capable of spotting these things, as they are in an alien environment, and so a living creature is used.
>>
>>79388802
The caged bird was brought onto the ship in order to make sure the air wasn’t poisonous.

This act originally came from the coal mining industry where a canary would be taken down into the mines along with the workers.
Since canaries are vastly smaller than humans and almost consistently emit a chirping sound, as soon as the canary died then the workers would know that the air was poisonous and would quickly evacuate before it would reach levels that would be toxic for humans.

Also it's a safe device if all technology stops working.

In fact it’s only because of the canary that Amy Adams’ character decides to take her helmet off. We see her specifically look at the bird before she removes it.
>>
>>79388418
>one neat camera trick and a lukewarm 90s sci-fi plot with vaporwave-tier visuals is enough for assholes to jack off to this movie for decades
say what you want about Arrival but at least it approached the concepts it did with tact
>>
All these damn Arrival thread and not one actual argument provided for why do you think "it's shit"
It's okay not to like it/enjoy it, but if you call it a bad movie then give arguments for it, buzzwords like reddit and imdb are not arguments.

Seems to me that people who hate on this movie hate the people who enjoy it more than the movie itself.
>>
>>79389018
Cool, you're still here?
Go back 2 reddit
>>
>>79389018
I agree wholeheartedly. I just think a lot of younger people rushed to see it expecting a huge sci-fi spectacular and where left disappointed, or maybe even embarrassed, because they didn't understand it and grasp its concepts. A lot of the 'it's shit' is a defence mechanism because the people have watched a 'blockbuster' but did not understand it and as they cannot come out and say that explicitly, they instead just say it was 'shit'.

Plebs.
>>
>>79389070
So delusional it hurts
>>
I liked it, but it not as good as other Villeneuve films
>>
>>79389144
You Just Didnt Understand It
>>
>>79389224
le troll hehe XD
>>
File: arrival-masses.png (828KB, 1804x836px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-masses.png
828KB, 1804x836px
>Arrival counts as a thinking man scifi
>Normies need YouTube videos to explain the ending to them
>>
2001> Close Encounters of the Third Kind > Contact > Mars Attacks > *huge gap* > Arrival.
>>
>>79389426
You literally "didn't get it".

While those films are specifically about the first contact, the ayylmao's and the science are just the setting in Arrival where the actual story takes place in, the story of Amy Adams character relationship with her daughter and life/death in general.
I don't know how it flew over everyone's head, the opening and ending sequences are about it, all the major scenes are intercut with it and the rest of the movie is either a heavy close-up of Amy Adams or a shallow focus shot from her point of view.

Don't watch film with heavy preconcieved expectations of what it should be about
>>
If you go to a certain depth in a Submarine, you experience weightlessness. That's why you have sea monster looking aliens, and a craft that resembles a Sub a little.
>>
>>79389115
How so?

>>79389317
How did you happen upon these videos for 'normies'?

>>79389426
2001 is very very good.
>>
>>79389526
except for 2001 ofcourse, that's in a separate category entirely
>>
>>79389540
whats it like to be full of shit?
>>
But what are themes of this movie? Wich kind of messages tried the regist to communicate ?
>>
>>79387327
Agreed op,for what it was I was disappointed.
>>
>>79388802
You fucking autist.
>>
>>79389693 this >>79389526

In short, appreciating (embracing) every waking moment of your life it.
Here's an excerpt from an interview with Villeneuve to maybe clear things up for you autists:

>"The idea is that the heptapods see life like a [scripted] play. They know what will happen, so they have the choice — either they do it bored to death, or they embrace it and try to be at their best, like an actor on a stage."
>>
It's shit movie with unimaginative aliens that do chink calligraphy.
>>
>>79389902
Typical teenager or manchild capeshit fan. Watched the film only for the 'cool' aliens.
>>
>>79390112
dont talk that way about yourself
the point is that you got entertainment out of it and thats really what films all about
>>
>>79390206
Tarkovsky would disagree
>>
>hmmm...rly makes u think: The Movie
>>
>>79389800
I thought the main theme was like the one in S. Lem's Solaris
>>
>>79388304
You shouldn't even be posting on 4chan, if I was moderator this kind of behaviour would be punishable by ban EASY D. Sad!
>>
>>79389070
There wasn't a single concept that was even remotely difficult to understand. This movie is basically the Steins Gate of Cinema. It pretends to be smart while making absolutely sure that every plot point is spelled out so that all the pretentious 14-year-old fags can feel smart for liking it.

There is no finesse or subtlety to this movie. It is just a very shallow attempt to make a smart movie for stupid people.

Aside from all that it's entire premise doesn't even make any sense whatsoever if you think about it for a few seconds.
>>
>>79388657
Dude just off yourself GET OFF MY CHAN
>>
/tv/ explain what's so bad about the movie? All i remember my issues with it is how hard it shits on causality and no real reason for fate being set. At which point suspension of disbelief kicks in and I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>79391229
What a completely idiotic comment. Go and comb the dandruff flakes your neck.

>>79391236
I've been here longer and have more fans. Period.
>>
>better blow up the first aliens our species has ever encountered because totally not alex jones told me so lmao

I could live with most of the story but the mutineer part was pants on head retarded.
>>
>>79387327

The last 5 minutes completely destroys the movie. It literally spells it out for you after it was elegantly hinted throughout.

The lazy-eyed general is the best thing in the movie, he embodies all human qualities in a supporting piece.
>>
>>79391605
>It literally spells it out for you after it was elegantly hinted throughout.

I agree. Unfortunately films seem to feel the need to do this more and more because audiences are literally getting more stupid. Despite this, the movie still managed to alienate the plebs.

Are you alienated, plebs?

Get a better education and stop watching capeshit, then. ;)
>>
>>79387327
They took 20 minutes slowly & insanely annoyingly entering the alien ship the first time, for no apparent reason. Then when it comes to deciphering the septapus' ink-blot-rings, there's a brush off "She's the greatest linguist ever & she's got a computer - That's how" explanation.
Fuck Ted Chiang, Fuck Eric Heisserer, & FUCK Denis Villeneuve: Hacks... ALL!!!
>>
>Hurr durr you just don't get it

What's not to get? It's not as smart a movie as you people say it is. I knew what was happening and it was mediocre.
>>
>>79391902
>I knew what was happening

You had no idea you little fat bitch.
>>
>>79391929
If you thought the film was hard to follow for anyone you're an idiot.
>>
>>79392078
You have no clue what your little fat sausage fingers are writing and you are so fucking fat that it is making me laugh.
>>
>>79387836
>he didnt "get" the twist
anon are you literally retarded? seriously, watch it again
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.