[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just marathoned Stalker After a days worth of deliberation I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: stalker.jpg (560KB, 1182x791px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
560KB, 1182x791px
Just marathoned Stalker

After a days worth of deliberation I still cant figure out why Writer went into the zone
>>
>>79373050
He was an Ay Lmao and the Zone was his home.

At least that what I got from the movie.
>>
I marathoned this book.
It's quite good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1920x1080px
>>79373050
Is it worth watching? I've been meaning to watch it since playing STALKER.
>>
he was a Freedom faggot
>>
>>79373977

The game and the movie have almost nothing in common.
>>
>>79373977
Read "Roadside Picnic" first, then the movie. The book is closer to the game then the movie.

>>79374018
>Not knowing he was a Duty agent all along to stop the paranormal menace.
>>
>>79374073
roadside picnic is so good, everyone should read it
>>
>>79373977
the movie is not related to the game, but its one of the greatest movies ever made
>>
>>79373930
I'll look into this, thanks for posting, I'd never heard of it before.
>>
immediatly after watching the movie there was one scene that stuck out to me
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyN5MeMVdw

and then it hit me, he isnt speaking to the other men, he is speaking to us
the unusual cuts before it representing the rules of the films reality being broken
calling out all those who seek the objective truth or meaning in art, which Tarkovsky was very outspoken about
"even in this which has no rules", this place in this instance is the movie, and its own rules

so this is true cinema
>>
File: 1485630963059-0.jpg (98KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485630963059-0.jpg
98KB, 450x600px
He wanted to experience something new in his life and maybe find a new meaning to it, like most people that come to the Zone.
>>
>>79374748
but he knew about the room, hence he talked shit about the Professor
plus when they enter the zone,he says that he was lying he said he wanted to see something new
>>
>>79373050
what bothered me the most is that the most famous shot from the movie, shown in op, never actually happens in the movie
he never turns around
>>
File: 1485630963059-1.jpg (93KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1485630963059-1.jpg
93KB, 500x667px
>>79374840
I don't remember the movie well since I saw it a long time ago, but didn't he want, deep down, to escape from his work as a writer? His monologue in the well was about this.
>>
>>79373050
>I still cant figure out why Writer went into the zone
In soviet russia, zone goes into you.
>>
>>79376029
thats not helping at all
>>
>>79373050
its the same ideas as the shining.
its a story about a story.
>>
>>79374102
And skip the movie which managed to lose all the cinematic elements. Like zombie Dad wandering home. WTF Tarkovsky?
>>
>>79376449
>thinking the book is better than the movie
american education has ruined art
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.