[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Event Horizon maximum Kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Event+Horizon+hell+gate.png (862KB, 1022x433px) Image search: [Google]
Event+Horizon+hell+gate.png
862KB, 1022x433px
Saw this movie last night, timeless and comfy.
>>
>>79370955
Sphere was psychologically scarier. EH relies too much on jumpscares.
>>
>>79370955
Rewatched it recently after loving it as a child. It's pretty shlocky.
>>
>>79370955
You were only 15 years late faggot.
>>
>>79370955
That feeling when we'll never see all the hell scenes.
>>
>>79370998
>Sphere was psychologically scarier.
It was one of the first full length novels I ever read as a kid, and it scared the bajeesus out of me.
The movie does a good job of hitting plot points, but it kind of rushes along too fast and you don't have any time for the dread to really build on you. But that's being an OG bookfag that was hyped as fuck when I heard they were making it a movie.
>>
this movie sucked ass
it wasn't even good in the cheesy way, it was cheesy in the bad way
>>
>comfy
*Flashback to video feed scene.*
>>
>>79371048
>be me
>live in asia
>this movie comes out
>advertised on the side of city buses
>its all still shots from the hell scenes
>get physically ill and have to avoid looking at it ever time it came by
Less is more honestly. It's more effective in those almost subliminal flashes.
>>
>>79371112
Still no one is ever going to be able to watch them.
>>
>>79371012
it's completely terrible

>muh loud spooky noises, but on a spaceship!
>ship is designed completely by one man to look like a 15th century cathedral
>here's a shitload of bombs connecting the cockpit of the ship to rest of it. no way that's getting used in the climax lol!
>it's an IS SAM NEIL POSSESSED OR NOT?? scene
joely richardson and kathleen quinlan are qt af though.

perhaps if they released the uncut version, before the studio hacked it to pieces, put in flash edits and techno music it wouldnt be so bad
>>
Its shit
Its an edgy teenagers dream of combining Alien, The Shining, and Hellraiser
>>
>>79370955
all female remake when?
>>
>>79370955
>timeless
shit is pretty dated, look at Larry Fishburn's cute little command chair that moves around
>>
Really solid visuals, most of which ended up getting cut.

Shit script. Poorly directed acting. Overbearing editing.

Would not bang.
>>
>>79372015
Wow fucko thanks for ruining my childhood movie with your thoughtful insight you fukin kunt
>>
yes, especially if you can sit there spouting wh40k memes about the warp
>>
>>79370955
So they essentially went to the WH40K Chaos Warp/Eye of Terror, correct?
>>
File: 1485544824626.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485544824626.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>79372086
>>
>>79372409
They opened a gate to hell.
>>
>>79372015
pretty spot on but still fuck you bitch
>>
>>79370955
It's one of my fav horrors of all time.
>>
>>79370955
Watched it last night as well. Thought it was pretty good space horror. It gets kinda wonky toward the end. Like, it felt rushed, but overall it was enjoyable.
>>
>be me in 2012
>download some movies for plane flight across US
>"Oh look a cool space adventure with Morpheus and Dr. Grant!"
>mfw little kids behind me freaked out and parents pissed off because they can see cronenberg-esque gorefest

Kind of ruined the movie for me desu
>>
>>79372385
Fuck yeah. If I remember correctly, Sean pertwee's character even has a tattoo that looks like the raven guard sigil.

It's a fun film.
>>
There's a reason why it's considered the best movie of all time after Avatar and Transformers 2
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.