[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is he so rich if he never directed a blockbuster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: b.png (49KB, 413x193px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
49KB, 413x193px
How is he so rich if he never directed a blockbuster?
>>
all his movies are fucking flops too
>>
>>79359609
I just looked at his movies and none of them really made that much compared to their budget, except maybe boogie nights
>>
>>79359609
pro-tip: a website isn't a good indicator of someone's net worth
>>
>>79359618
>>79359609
There Will Be Blood?
>>
>>79359609
>70 million
>rich
I make that dough in a year
>>
he's a kike
>>
>>79359696
I think Boogie Nights was his biggest hit

>>79359694
It must be bugged, his net worth is like 30M at most.
>>
>>79359609
Massive inheritance.

His father was "the voice of Disney" and bought a lot of real estate in L. A. in the 70s and 80s.
>>
>>79359713
thats alot of dicks too suck
>>
>>79359609
It's all from Maya.
>>
>>79359820
really? can you elaborate?

>>79359609
He probably had shares in his early films, at a guess
Having said that, if he's really that rich then I don't understand why he wouldn't be releasing a self-funded low-budget indie film every 2/3 years that was completely uncompromised
>>
>>79360185
Have you seen his movies? I don't think there's too much compromising going on.
>>
>>79360947
no sure, but the master was like 5 years after there will be blood, and inherent vice was like 3 years after that
and i get the feeling that a lot of the reason for this was securing funding. whereas, if he was that rich i don't see why he wouldn't spend $5m of his own money on each film without having to worry about investors

Like Shyamalan did for his last two films, for example
>>
>>79359609

Spielberg is worth 3 billion. PTA’s networth is nothing comparatively. Directors at a certain level just start making a shit ton of money.
>>
>>79361251
spending personal money on a movie is a big gamble. dingdong only dipped into his personals because even china and india wouldn't fund him anymore.
>>
>>79359820

What the fuck are you talking about? Ghoulardi wasn’t involved with Disney.
>>
>>79359820
fucking idiot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.