[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hmm really made me think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: rjgc69dr29fy.png (412KB, 734x447px) Image search: [Google]
rjgc69dr29fy.png
412KB, 734x447px
>Hmm really made me think
>>
High ground only applies to Obi-Wan.
>>
>>79357766
High ground didn't really mattered that much and Obi-Wan knew it, he said it because it was his last attempt at trying to save Anakin so that he gives up instead of having to kill him
>>
>>79357766
that isn't ground, it's stairs
>>
those are stairs not ground
>>
Obi-Wan was talking about the moral high ground, he was right and Anakin was wrong
In the fight with Dooku Anakin was the stronger of the two, and might makes right
It's a metaphor you dip
>>
Stairs are hard as shit to fight on.
Dooku was probably thinking "wtf let me get down lmao"
>>
Dooku never took the high ground fighting feat.
>>
File: rots.jpg (358KB, 1654x1047px) Image search: [Google]
rots.jpg
358KB, 1654x1047px
you have to take into account the position the ship was in at the time
>>
File: Dibujo.jpg (40KB, 734x447px) Image search: [Google]
Dibujo.jpg
40KB, 734x447px
The high ground is purely a point of view thing.
I thought we had discussed this multiple times here...
>>
File: 1455436705340.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1455436705340.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>79357766
Yes Dooku is higher, but Anakin isn't in a position where he has to jump really high and take a big risk. He can easily ascend. Anakin was just arrogant on Mustafar and should've used his hoverboat to move a bit more to the side and then jump on land, to get back on equal footing with Obi Wan.
>>
>>79358256
Why did Anakin jump anyway, why not try to force pull Obi-Wan into the lava? If Obi-Wan pulled back you just stop pulling and he'll throw himself in by mistake
>>
>>79358315
He wasn't thinking straight. He wanted to beat him with the lightsaber there and then. The entire fight he just chases after Obi Wan relentlessly, taking pretty big risks. You see it a few times in the duel, most notably when they swing like monkeys on that big structure that's in the lava. Obi Wan escapes first, minds his surroundings more, and jumps on a big platform. Anakin nearly falls down with the lava, narrowly managing to jump on a very small platform. The guy isn't thinking.
>>
File: conceding high ground.png (665KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
conceding high ground.png
665KB, 1024x576px
>>79357766
Dooku didn't capitalize on having the high ground. Instead of standing fast and allowing the high ground to grant him a significant advantage, he instead gives Anakin room to ascend towards him, conceding the high ground advantage. Why would he do this? Dooku is obviously toying with Anakin, or he at least thinks he's toying with him. Later when they both have ascended the flight of stairs, Anakin kicks Dooku down, giving himself the high ground. But what does Anakin do after this? He descends to Dooku's level. It is at this moment Dooku realizes what a cunning warrior Anakin is. Instead of using the high ground against Dooku (which would've granted Anakin an instant win), he levels out the playing field by fighting him at the same altitude. Dooku realizes he's the one being toyed with by Anakin. This terrifying realization gives Anakin the mental high ground, granting him the victory over Count Dooku.
>>
>>79357975
>High ground didn't really mattered that much
>every fight Obi-Wan won he had the high ground from a certain point of view
In the OP's case, Anakin had the true high ground relative to the planet below them, the ship wasn't really horizontally aligned with the planet.
>>
>>79358315
Because Obi-Wan had JUST said Anakin isn't powerful enough.
It was a "watch me, senpai" moment from Anakin.
And what do you know, he wasn't powerful enough.
>>
>>79357975
this
/thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.