[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Kubo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: kubo-main_0.jpg (844KB, 1600x1010px) Image search: [Google]
kubo-main_0.jpg
844KB, 1600x1010px
What did you think of Kubo?
>>
>>79352468

great visuals, weak cliched story.
>>
File: kubovillains.jpg (89KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
kubovillains.jpg
89KB, 640x352px
>>79352490
I disliked the Moon King's monster form, I would have preferred a proper sword fight between him and Kubo. It felt kind of anticlimactic when he just turned into some flying centipede. Didn't feel like any of the things Kubo gathered along the way even mattered since the monster was so overwhelmingly big he needed to defeat him another way.
>>
>>79352468
I loved it, the ending fell a bit weak though
also the cover of The Beatles While My Guitar Gently Weeps that plays through the credits was fucking beautiful
>>
>>79352565

Kubo is a magic boy who plays guitar, how does it make sense for him to kill the moon god with a sword? Also the things he gathered on his trip that mattered were not plot device Armour, it was the two strings. It is literally the name of the movie. It's kind of weird that you wanted predictable cliches instead of things that made thematic sense and were narratively interesting.
>>
File: 2211334.jpg (120KB, 1190x599px) Image search: [Google]
2211334.jpg
120KB, 1190x599px
>Laika

Just fuck my box office up famalam
>>
>>79353468
No no, him defeating the Moon King with music is fine. It's just that they spent the whole movie gathering the sword and armour pieces, only for them to serve basically no purpose in the final confrontation. The two times he slashed the monster did nothing to weaken it, and the thing was so big the armour was useless.

It would have been nice for him and the Moon King to have a duel with swords, and then have Kubo be overwhelmed by the Moon King, lose the sword and helmet, and decide to use music.

I just think it would have had more impact than the Moon King turning into a giant flying monster with a fairly boring design.
>>
>>79353574

>director is the son of the president of Nike

he makes these movies for a laugh, he's not worried about profit
>>
>>79352468
The fact that the only two people he meets on his journey are his mom and dad made the world seem awfully small. Boom, they just bump into McConaughey and it turns out it's his long lost father.
>>
File: Second.jpg (283KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
Second.jpg
283KB, 640x638px
>>79353177
>I loved it, the ending felt a bit weak though
>>
>>79353574

they'd probably have pulled a profit if they didn't get scarjo and mconaughey, this was released at the height of people hating on scarjo for ghost in the shell
>>
Why do people only watch anthro animation?

Moana under performed but was pretty good and the animation was god like and this might break even if it finds a home in the auxiliary markets
>>
>>79352468

Watching the making-of gave me a legit appreciation for the work that went into making it, I just wish the story was more focused instead of cramming "the message" into the last 10 minutes.

>dat 15-foot-tall skeleton

Wew lads.
>>
File: 138881493917.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
138881493917.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>79354630
see
>>79352468

I would also add that it was fucking retarded how they took something as poignant as the Monkey being the last of his mom's magic and the Beetle being the last of his dad's army, which had the potential of giving him a new surrogate family, and just pissed it all away by making them his actual parents and then killing them off.

It just felt like a cheap miscalculation.

Whoever wrote this really dropped the fucking ball.
>>
reminder that his grandfather did nothing wrong
>>
>>79355202
meant

>>79352468
see
>>79354630
>>
File: kubo-clip-facebookJumbo.jpg (83KB, 1050x549px) Image search: [Google]
kubo-clip-facebookJumbo.jpg
83KB, 1050x549px
I can understand why they didn't, but I wanted to see more of this motherfucker. He was fucking awesome and hilarious, best part of the movie. I didn't like how he just disappeared in a lot of scenes, like on the boat, then the boat sinks, but in the next scene he's just chilling out on Hanzo's shoulder. Same in the skeleton scene, bit distracting.

I liked the movie a lot more the second time around, and I loved it the first time anyway, it was a bit easy to make sense of things. Yeah, I liked it.
>>
>>79355202

You're right, the movie really would have been something special in the hands of a better writer.
>>
>>79354630

I thought it made sense, thematically. The first thing we see in the movie is a little kid (Kubo) telling a story to a crowd of villagers, only to culminate in the movie's plot being the same story told in a roundabout way by the same little kid.
>>
>>79352468
Animation was gold
Story was a bit predictable.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.