[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: avatar-trio.png (726KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
726KB, 960x720px
damn this was good

just watched this for the first time because it got recommended to me and it was probably the best cartoon i have ever seen. The first few episodes arent that good because of simplistic dialogues and stories but it gets better with every episode. At first i just stayed for the music and visuals since it looked unique and comfy. Also the lore was very interesting from the start.

But after that the series suddenly has
>GOAT visuals in some episodes
>great character development
>cool lore
>very interesting backstory
>good humour (imo)
>great music

Some episodes have some elements to them that are obviously aimed at kids but that didnt bother me that much because everything else was so good. Also even though many scenes have godly animation there are also some that look shitty (probably because of budget cuts). So yeah if this was aimed at an older audience and also backed by a bigger budget this would be a contender for best show of all time imo.

Whats the consesus about it here?
>>
>Whats the consesus about it here?

Fuck off back to /co/
>>
>>79351888
I love it and it's a damn shame that there aren't more western cartoons like it. Though I suppose it was expensive to make and didn't lend itself well to merchandise whoring.
>>
>>79351888
One of my favourite anime and like anon said, too bad there's not a lot of cartoons this good
>>
only cartoon i will watch

eat your heart out cowboy bebop
>>
was good until turtle ex machina and chiropractor rock
>>
>>79352803
I heard they planned to do 4 books but nickelodeon only let them do 3 for some reason. Thats probably why the turtle just randomly appeared
>>
Also its a shame that Korra turned out how it did

I know some people like it but its way below ATLA in every single aspect
>>
tfw Toph was my first waifu
>>
File: Korra.jpg (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.jpg
135KB, 1366x768px

Korra was almost as good.
>>
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
The Last Airbender is one of my favourite animated series ever. The third book took a huge plummet in writing quality in my opinion though, the series was always naturally childish but it never felt like a detriment until book three. Too much angst and melodrama.

I loved Korra as a character but I thought The Legend of Korra was also a huge letdown. She didn't grow in power the way Aang did, the supporting cast wasn't as interesting, more of that annoying angst (albeit a little less annoying), and a lot of the mystery that made Airbender's lore so compelling was dispelled in a Midi-chlorian sense.

Kubo and the Two Strings is a movie that gave off that same feeling of fun and adventure.
>>
GOAT cartoon, I wish they would make more series as ambitious as this was
>>79352971
action scenes are better but that was never what made it so good
>>
>>79351888
my favourite cartoon. I think the first season 1 was alright but Season 3 took a huge shit on it
Great animation quality and if you want to see more of the universe i'd recommend watching Legend of Korra
>>
Yeah OP, my favorite cartoon and probably my favorite show of all time. Korra is in the same universe (but is not as good).

It's also a general consensus that many people who like Avatar like FMA: Brotherhood, so feel free to check that out too. It's also one of the few that I think the dub is great enough to watch instead of the sub.
>>
File: korra's stupid grin.png (96KB, 268x250px) Image search: [Google]
korra's stupid grin.png
96KB, 268x250px
>>79353189
Season 3 was pretty fucking good, at least.
>>
>>79352971
Korra was hamstrung by originally being a miniseries that got the go ahead for more at the last minute.

It meant instead of a short contained series, or a set up series, we got a rush job that the others had to desperately try fixing on the fly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.