[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the thing steal the helicopter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Why didn't the thing steal the helicopter?
>>
Because the screenwriter didn't write him stealing the helicopter.
>>
File: 14817303641232.png (48KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
14817303641232.png
48KB, 219x219px
>>79343044
I didn't ask why the screenwriter didn't do something, I asked why the Thing didn't do something.
>>
>>79343010
Jesus, practical effects are really shitty.
>>
Because a helicopter is a primitive piece of machinery to The Thing. It would be like touching its own dick with its hands, and The Thing's race is so much more advance then that.
>>
>>79343225
Human speech is also a primitive thing to him, but he uses it to go incognito. There's no reason for it to not take the helicopter.

It should be at least wanting to get to civilization to assimilate some more and do it all over again on another planet.
>>
blair destroyed the helicopter
>>
>>79343285
Because one thing is to act and behave one way to go incognito and another thing is to know how to operate machinery. Let alone do it right.
>>
>>79343119
The thing isn't real anon. It can't do something if it doesn't exist.
>>
Mac was the only pilot, the thing would have to assimilate him to gain the knowledge to fly, I would assume. I mean it's possible that it just doesn't know how.
>>
>>79343010
Where the fuck would he go? You idiot.
>>
The Thing isn't The Thing if it steals a helicopter
>>
>>79343442
Forgot about that, shit.

>>79343600
I also forgot about the fact the Thing was making a spaceship at the end.

>>79343627
Assimilate the fucking planet? What else would he do?
>>
>>79343010
The old man torched, and ripped apart the helicopter components before her was turned into one? Don't you remember?
>>
>>79343752
nah I thought blair was assimilated at that point
>>
>>79343793
It has been a while since I saw it, but he hadn't been replicated until after he was left alone in that room.
Something got to him in the room, then he began trying to build a craft in a tunnel he made.
>>
Who was actually effected from start to finish? Has anyone actually done the research to find out who it went through?
>>
>>79344338
It was one of the dogs first.
>>
>>79344518
Yeah, but who then afterwards? Why was MacReady's clothes out in the open? Who turned on the light? Who killed the scientist? Who got to Blair?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.