[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me about this show, /b/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

redpill me about this show, /b/
>>
Very enjoyable show. HBO started fucking with it towards the end unfortunately.
>>
>>79341001

Very underrated show. I honestly think it can compete with the best telekino shows. Unfortunately a show completely about people's therapy sessions doesn't sound to exciting for most people so it's hard to get others to give it a chance.
>>
Great show that feels like a masterclass in acting by way of real-time 1 act plays every episode.

It rewards watching sequentially, but can be a bit difficult as some of the patients are way more interesting than others. It's ok to watch just a patient's episodes (usually 7-8 twenty-five minute episodes) if you're ok missing some of the Therapists larger arcs.

My favorite patients to watch:
1. Alex (Season 1 - Blair Underwood)
2. Sophie (Season 1 - Mia Wasikowska)
3. April (Season 2 - Alison Pill)
4. Sunil (Season 3 - Irrfan Khan)
5. Jesse (Season 3 - Dane DeHaan)
>>
season one >>>> season two >>>>>>>> season three
Mia Wasikowska was the best patient. Great acting.
>>
I watched the first few episodes and thought it was pretty cool, need to go back and watch the whole thing.
>>
>>79341001
>see "treatment", think that finally someone on /tv/ saw the absolute belgiankino thriller and is ready for discussion
>turns out it's just a generic ass HBO tv show thread

Why do I even get my hopes up
>>
>>79341298
Yes, the thread is about that show, you're free to make another about this movie if you like.
>>
Glynn Turman as Alex Sr. in season 1 is one of the best acting moments I've ever seen
>>
>>79341001
one of the best tv dramas i can think of. definitely competes with the likes of mad men n such.

completely flew under the radar because most people are completely incapable of watching anything that resembles actual human drama
>>
>>79341333
I have made it couple of times with 5 posts max, that's why I had to rant out here
>>
>>79341599
well explain why you like it so much and if you can articulate it in an interesting way you might have a 6th poster
>>
>>79341599
This thread isn't exactly doing much better. I understand it's kind of a difficult show to watch (as far as mainstream goes) but more people should hear about it.
>>
>>79341298
you've got some pretty shit taste mate
>>
>tfw no Michelle Forbes gf
>>
Gabe is my husbando
>>
>>79341001
Well for one it's adapted from an Israeli show
>>
>>79343513
But it deals with American problems like wanting to have sex with your therapist.
>>
>>79343878
the rapist, anon. The rapist.
>>
>>79341001

>that episode where Paul keeps goading Gina to "tell him what she really thinks" and she fucking does it
>that episode with Alex's dad
>that last episode with Sunil
>that episode where Adele calls him and he interprets it as her coming onto him
>that last episode with Adele
>that detailed description of Mia having a threesome in a bathroom

This show (haven't seen the original Israeli version though) managed to make two (sometimes three) people sitting down in chairs and talking for 30 minutes some of the most captivating television kino I've ever seen. The only other show with this high quality and being this underrated is Carnivale.
>>
>>79341001
One of the very few passable depictions of psychodynamic therapy on television. It's basically this and surprisingly enough The Sopranos.
>>
>>79345123

What about Dr. Katz?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.