[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

‘The Batman’ Finds New Director in Matt Reeves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: realistic batman.png (218KB, 306x427px) Image search: [Google]
realistic batman.png
218KB, 306x427px
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batman-new-director-matt-reeves-ben-affleck-1201977575/

>Although Reeves directed tentpoles like “Apes” and “Cloverfield,” this will mark his first venture into the comic book realm. He’s represented by CAA.

Thoughts?
>>
I wanted Snyder.
>>
>>79334896
Same

Have not seen any of this guys flicks
>>
>>79334911
You really haven't seen the 2014 Apes movie or Cloverfield?
>>
>>79334888

cautious af t.b.h. preferably i would have affleck himself direct, but seeing as how tired he is as of lately, its best he take some time off (from both directing and acting)

otehrwise im okay with this choice, while still being cautious. matt reeves has directed cloverfield (which i personally love) and dawn of the planet of teh apes, which was a surprisingly good movie. havent seen let me in, but its probably not a shit movie. this dude has done 3 solid movies so i wold like to think taht its in good hands.

but then again, david ayer was a fantastic pick for dceu and look at how taht turned out. i hope WB doesnt fuck with the movie too much like tehy did with ayer. i like reeves, but still, im cautious af
>>
>>79335228
No, I don't think that's too extraordinary.

Is he a decent director? I imagine he'll be better than Nolan at least which is fine.
>>
File: 1316902795421.jpg (46KB, 400x456px) Image search: [Google]
1316902795421.jpg
46KB, 400x456px
Who fucking cares. Warner Brothers is like a retarded child that you lend your favorite Batman figurine to and they saw one of it's legs off and shove the rest up their ass. They're determined to destroy the few valuable intellectual properties they have left and more power to 'em. Then maybe a non-mongo studio can pick up the Batman option and actually make a decent movie.
>>
File: koira.jpg (18KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
koira.jpg
18KB, 313x286px
>>79335535
>maybe a non-mongo studio can pick up the Batman option

DC is a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Entertainment, you fucking orangutan.
>>
>>79335244
>david ayer was a fantastic pick for dceu and look at how taht turned out. i hope WB doesnt fuck with the movie too much like tehy did with ayer.
I didn't like how quickly people turned on him.
>>
>>79335770
Well maybe he shouldn't have made a shitty film that tainted the whole fucking DCEU until the inevitable reboot.
>>
>>79335449
How fucking delusional are you?
>>
>>79335885
You wanna offer a statement of your own instead of these patronizing questions dickhead?
>>
>>79334888
Cloverfield was dope
i trust the guy
>>
>>79335958
Are you joking?
>>
>>79334888
inb4 he should do a scene from a crook's PoV as Batman hops around snapping shit like a monster.
>>
You know, i was thinking he should do a scene from a crook's PoV as Batman hops around snapping shit like a monster. I dunno, just think it'd be cool.
>>
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a really good movie, one of the best of 2014 imo, so why not
>>
>>79334888
I would have preferred Fincher.
>>
>>79335770
im not >>79335842 but still tho, i dont particularly like how they turned on ayer even tho the studio fucked him on teh movie. but at the same time, shit was like watching a 2 hour long greatest hits of trailers compilation video on youtube
>>
>>79336035
>>79336067
samefag. but taht shit would be p cool

>>79336134
i think everybody wouldve
>>
i thought reeves was superman
>>
>>79335228
I didnt like 2014 apes. Preferred the first one.

meh, I wanted Snyder
>>
Batman will do well no matter what so why is DC/WB so apprehensive about letting Ben do his thing?
>>
File: thumbs-up_318-31579.jpg (37KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up_318-31579.jpg
37KB, 626x626px
Reeves is a solid choice. Very solid.
Not a guy who swings for the fences like Snyder, but he'll deliver a quality picture.

They could have made much worse picks.
>>
>>79337416
There's no signs that they are. One "source" said that they're scrapping Affleck's script so the new director can start with a clean slate. A later "source" says that's fucking bullshit and that Affleck is happy they're still using his/Terrio's script.
>>
>>79334888
JUST

>Affleck will save capekino!
What the fuck is WB thinking? They just have to keep meddling and fucking things up.
>>
>>79334888
I think Reeves is a good director who'll ultimately be fucked over by an incompetent studio.
>>
>>79337416
I guess it seemed like Affleck was kinda bullied into doing it because he has directed two pretty good movies.
And then Live By Night came out and the studio backed off.
>>
>>79338255
I don't get that whole situation.
I thought Live By Night was good and showed Affleck starting to sprinkle in his Malick and Fincher touches after working with them.

It was it a bit headier than Argo.
>>
>>79334888

> get that beaner with the pickup truck painted like the Oakland Raiders to coach the team

I'm glad they finally got serious and got somebody qualified.
>>
>>79334888
I'm not the only one who will be extremely bothered if the fight scenes end up being quickcut nonsense I hope. For whatever reason, I really don't know how, audiences have a high tolerance to quickcuts etc. Snyder is the only one who doesn't shy away from showing people fighting.
>>
>planet of the apes
mite be cool
>>
>>79334911

I don't care for cloverfield but the apes series have unironically been legitimate kino so far. however, I thought this was supposed to be a "batman + The Raid" type of movie and I just don't see that with this director
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.