[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Supernatural ruin Jensens Career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

He was destined to be the next Marlon Brando.
>>
I'd say he's definitely reached typecasting levels, yeah. I can't really think of any movies I've seen with jenson, but I've seen a few lousy horror movies with jared.
>>
File: dean head shrug.gif (450KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
dean head shrug.gif
450KB, 500x282px
>>79329837
I think he chose the safe route. He's had a steady paycheck for 12 seasons now. If he's smart with his money, he should be doing great.
>>
>>79329904

12 seasons? holy shit, people are retarded, including this ''''kino'''' board
>>
>>79329904
Yeah but if he didn't have that steady paycheck for 12 seasons and probably more in the future, he could've actually pushed forward in his career and been the next Marlon.. I guess he doesn't give a fuck like Eva Green, but still.
>>
>>79329976
This is a Jensen thread, keep your negative feelings to yourself.
>>
File: dean nod.gif (937KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
dean nod.gif
937KB, 500x280px
>>79329976
>people are retarded, including this ''''kino'''' board
heh. and yet, here you are
>>
>>79329837
>>79329988
Where are you getting this 'next Brando' thing from? He's just your typical, average actor.
>>
>>79330108
Jensen is the furthest thing from typical and average. There's only one Jensen Ackles, the only comparison that comes close is classic Brando and the only modern comparison to Brando is Jensen. You can see it in their charisma, style, acting, looks. It's all there.
>>
>He could have been in Marval as Hawkeye
Woulda been great honestly.
>>
>>79330272
You're a strange man.
>>
File: dean face palm.gif (984KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
dean face palm.gif
984KB, 500x263px
>>79330393
Not the same person, but HOW DARE YOU assume anon's preferred pronoun?!
>>
He choosed it himself. Comfy guy just living his life n shit
>>
>>79330393
Jensen bless.
>>
>>79329988
He probably earns more than some
Of the actor's you're talking about. Not every actor wants to be a "star", and reaching for that point has been the downfall of many. I'm a small time actor and would take his position in a heartbeat over a life of constantly stressing about whether the next film was going to make or break me, dealing with the constant criticisms and critiques from professionals and the masses, dealing with paparazzi and celebrity news, etc. Hell be rich for the rest of his life on royalties alone, and he's got a dedicated fan base that will remember him fondly, and he's avoided scandal and embarrassment by doing what he does well.
>>
>>79329837
the dude has auditioned for every leading man role in the MCU except Black Panther
>>
>>79329837
My Bloody Valentine 3D was ok.
>>
>>79330272
He looks bland and boring as fuck, and he's a wooden unbearably awful actor
>>
>>79329976
I'm riding the Supernatural train all the way to the end. Why aren't you? You a faggot or something?
>>
File: _882006_1321621340528_full.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_882006_1321621340528_full.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>79331548
>He looks bland and boring as fuck

Ugly fatty detected..

>and he's a wooden unbearably awful actor

You must've never seen him act, he's very emotional and great at what he does.
>>
I think OP might be Jensen.
>>
>>79331467
He's the only reason people saw the movie. A solid 10 even when he's not trying.
>>
>>79331601
>chamchamming for some literal who tv-only actor
Embarrassing
>>
File: s.gif (487KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
s.gif
487KB, 500x260px
>>79331653
>chamchamming for some literal who tv-only actor

TV actors are better than film actors in every single way. They actually spend years perfecting characters and being in story lines, spend years getting entrenched by the community. They '' act '' much more than film only actors who are only in it for the money.
>>
>>79331653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvfVEm6qkG0
>>
>>79331597
I stopped watching after season 5, is it worth continuing?
>>
>>79332128

S1-5 is unironically perfect and ends perfectly. But I had no shows to watch so picked it up a year later or so because i liked the character so much.

S6 is the worst, it gets better after that, I liked 7-10 (im at s10 now).
>>
>>79332204
Maybe I'll watch it one day then. I watched S1-5 one episode a night which burnt me out, and the natural story conclusion felt like a good end point.
>>
>>79329837
Jensen could've been one of the greats if Supernatural had just fucking ended 7 years ago
>>
>>79329837
A little he was supposed to be both Captain America then Hawkeye.

That's Marvel money, if he hammed half as hard as he hams Supernatural as Hawkeye, he would be getting his own movie right now if they wouldn't have already.
>>
>>79331548
>>79331548
Not the guy who's shilling Ackles, but he's 10/10 in every girls book regardless of ethnicity.

He'd have 90% succes ratio in any bar picking up women.
>>
I still enjoy going back sometimes and just watch a bunch of episodes.

Yea sure its not that amazing as before but its still a solid watch time by time.
>>
"I want to ______ Jensen Ackles"

>>79332442
No way. Why the fuck would Marvel pass on all that free money?
>>
>>79333017
His supernatural contract got in the way of both, and Marvel doesn't know how to share.
>>
>>79329837
I am sorry for you Jensen :(
didn't know you went so low that you started browsing /tv/
anyway i am here to ask you can you get me an autograph of jared?
>>
>>79332204
>>79332300
later seasons still have some great episodes like the one where they are on the tv set of supernatural
, love that one
>>
>>79331597
I am desu, but it's so shitty it's painful. Usually watch it on my phone when I work out.
>>
>>79330272
I dont think any guys like him much. He looks weak like Zach Efron or Jared Leto no matter what his acting is.
>>
>>79331597
We really can't get off now.
>>
He can't act for shit
>>
>>79335638
He would have made a better Hawkeye than Troll-faced Renner, but he took the safe CW money making C+ at best television. Oh well, he is the new Nathan Fillion, overrated by nerds and doomed to stay on the small screen.
>>
>>79329837
I'l always have 10 inch hero.

It's the perfect movie
>>
>>79332204
Season 11 is unironically as good as seasons 1-5. Probably better than seasons 1-2.
>>
What's your favorite episode of Supernatural?
>>
Watched Supernatural until that season where Ruby betrays them. Should i keep wtaching or does it get bad after that? Really liking the brother dynamic, fees like that with my young brother as well
>>
>>79336198
Any with the Trickster
>>
>>79336271
Watch 1-5. If you're really into it you can brave out the rest, but it's not as good. Every season has good episodes, and they can still make great Monster of the Week episodes, but 7-10 have relatively poor overarching storylines and a ton of ridiculous melodrama.
>>
I read a youtube comment that summarizes my thoughts about Jensen perfectly

"when dean cries we all cry"
>>
>>79336368
But i watched 1-5
>>
What about Jared?
>>
>>79336198
The one where God is revealed to be Chuck
>>
>>79336198

Swan Song

best TV finale ever, until the last minute
>>
>Sam and Dean have a fistfight and leave each other, then come back EVERY SEASON

this show captures the brother dynamic perfectly
>>
I've literally never heard of supernatural.

its been running for 12 fucking years? lol
>>
But i dont get why hollywood doesnt cast him in any movies.

Like even blandest sitcom actors like sheldon or the guys from that 70's show star in the occasional horror flick or drama.

Is he waiting for the right project?
We'll be seeing any jensen kino in the future?
>>
>>79337542
Probably not. He has kids entering school and plans on being a real dad. After Supernatural ends you'll probably get a horror flick or two, but nothing Marvel-esque which would film with a real schedule.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.