[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: People who deserve biopics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

>Musa Keita I (c. 1280 – c. 1337) was the tenth Mansa, which translates as "sultan" (king) or "emperor",[1][2][3][4][5] of the wealthy West African Mali Empire. At the time of Musa's rise to the throne, the Malian Empire consisted of territory formerly belonging to the Ghana Empire in present-day southern Mauritania and in Melle (Mali) and the immediate surrounding areas. Musa held many titles, including Emir of Melle, Lord of the Mines of Wangara, Conqueror of Ghanata, and at least a dozen others.[6] It is said that Mansa Musa had conquered 24 cities, each with surrounding districts containing villages and estates, during his reign.[7] He is known to have been enormously wealthy; reported as being inconceivably rich by contemporaries, "There’s really no way to put an accurate number on his wealth" (Davidson 2015).[8]
>>
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
KANGS
>>
desu, there's a lot of interesting shit with these small African kingdoms. Kingdom of Ife had some pretty spot on bronze (actually copper) working and sculptures that really looks out of place compared to the traditional tribal animism.
>>
There is a nice tv show (barbarians rising) about hannibal..but imo he deserves a movie
>>
>>79325049
ayo hol up
>>
File: bisforblue.jpg (2KB, 289x278px) Image search: [Google]
bisforblue.jpg
2KB, 289x278px
>>79324845
Unironically this. Instead of the whole "LET'S REPLACE HISTORICALLY OR TRADITIONALLY NON-BLACK CHARACTERS WITH BLACK ONES SO DIVERSE"
Why don't they make movies about actual African Kingdoms? It would raise awareness on african history and show African-Americans a glimpse into their actual heritage
>>
File: 1485872870865.png (324KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1485872870865.png
324KB, 500x387px
>>
File: happy haley.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
happy haley.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>79325049
>mfw I know that actor quite well in person
really nice guy, about to star in a starz show with jk simmons
>>
>>79325106
Because leftists don't actually like history or non western culture they just like seeing western characters they already know replaced by blacks.

They would be bored in ten seconds if there was a movie legitimately about Africa and not some fantasy.
>>
>Richest human being to ever exist in this world known in history was a black man.

How will whitebois ever recover from this fact?
>>
>>79324845
http://imgur.com/topic/The_More_You_Know/k4kwL
Amanirenas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanirenas

It's sjw as fuck, but also a true story. I'm surprised an adaptation hasn't been commissioned yet
>>
>>79325106
>>79325177
Annoyingly this is true
See: the atrocious lack of recognition for the brilliance of Beasts of No Nation
>>
>>79325185
Doesn't bother me at all, it's confirmed history.Unlike when they go all WE WUZ KANGZ about Ancient Egypt.And even worse, when they try to claim Ancient Greece was black.
>>
>>79324845
>conquered 24 cities
shanty towns made of mud
>>
>>79325279
>Greece was black

It still is
>>
ROYALTY N SHIIIT
>>
>>79325266
I want a movie set during the Bantu invasions of the rest of Africa where it's Bantu vs Hadza or Khoisans.

Will I ever get it? Nope
>>
>>79325177
I'm confused, whenever someone discusses subsaharan civilisations on /his/, they're called lefties... And now your post?

Which is correct? Please tell me, I need to know how 50% of the US population thinks, this is important!
>>
>>79324845
>He is known to have been enormously wealthy;

Did some of this wealth come from slave trading by any chance?
>>
>He is known to be enormously wealthy, reported as being inconceivably rich by his contemporaries
How can the Israelis even compete?
>>
>>79325331
I'm not sure what your point is

Just mentioning any location in the past isn't political

You have to make a political statement about it like "x country was so peaceful until the damn whites showed up"
>>
>>79325363
>medieval africans own slaves, wherein the slave still has basic rights and their children are born as free citizens
>americans buy these "slaves" and remove all human rights and take possession of their future children too
>teenager on 4chan: "OMG GUYS, AFRICANS WERE JUST AS BAD"

every fucking time
>>
William Adams (24 September 1564 – 16 May 1620), known in Japanese as Miura Anjin (三浦按針: "the pilot of Miura"), was an English navigator who in 1600 was the first of his nation to reach Japan. One of a few survivors of the only Dutch East India Company ship to reach Japan from a five-ship expedition of 1598, Adams settled there and became the first ever (and one of the very few) Western samurai.

Soon after Adams' arrival in Japan, he became a key advisor to the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. Adams directed construction for the shogun of the first Western-style ships in the country. Adams was later key to Japan's approving the establishment of trading factories by the Netherlands and England. He also was highly involved in Japan's Red Seal Asian trade, chartering and serving as captain of four expeditions to Southeast Asia. He died in Japan at age 55. He has been recognised as one of the most influential foreigners in Japan during this period.[1]
>>
>>79325331
/pol/ designated /his/ a leftist board for discussing history, unbiased
The extreme-right decree that anything that isn't right is left, ie the actual history of africa as anything other than skeletons living in mudhuts

However, the social leftists in full force on twitter don't care about actual history and just want diversity points

>tldr; don't listen to /pol/ to distinguish political leanings
>>
>>79325404
>omg! A black guy wants to see a film about a black king who had slaves.

Have at it hoss
>>
File: B4S6YRnIEAADvri.jpg (66KB, 357x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B4S6YRnIEAADvri.jpg
66KB, 357x1024px
>>79325397
Here's a summation of the leftist grasp on history
>>
>>79325404
>Slavery is fine when blacks and Muslims do it

el oh el
>>
>>79325460
Oh so when you say leftists, you mean a very particular and narrow subset of them, rather than what is seemingly half of the US population?

>>79325457
there was a miniseries about that in the 80s
>>
My grandfather said build a wall around africa and throw over a couple knives and forks.
>>
>>79325527
and now your grandad's dead and no one gives a shit
really makes you think huh?
>>
>>79324845
>"The ruler who preceded me did not believe that it was impossible to reach the extremity of the ocean that encircles the earth (the Atlantic Ocean). He wanted to reach that (end) and was determined to pursue his plan. So he equipped two hundred boats full of men, and many others full of gold, water and provisions sufficient for several years. He ordered the captain not to return until they had reached the other end of the ocean, or until he had exhausted the provisions and water. So they set out on their journey. They were absent for a long period, and, at last just one boat returned. When questioned the captain replied: 'O Prince, we navigated for a long period, until we saw in the midst of the ocean a great river which was flowing massively.. My boat was the last one; others were ahead of me, and they were drowned in the great whirlpool and never came out again. I sailed back to escape this current.' But the Sultan would not believe him. He ordered two thousand boats to be equipped for him and his men, and one thousand more for water and provisions. Then he conferred the regency on me for the term of his absence, and departed with his men, never to return nor to give a sign of life."

What was the river in the ocean?
>>
>>79325489
Regardless of the whether that's true or not (it's not), it's not a metaphor.
>>
>>79324845
>implying an African taxation bureaucracy
>>
>>79324845

Black Panther is gonna be niggerkino
>>
>>79325147
>mfw when I used to date Haley Bennett. She used to be a really sweet girl, but quickly became a cunt once she got her first role.
>>
>>79325266
They used to make a few based on actual African history which were really good.
>>
>>79325363
He had enormous gold reserves from mines in his kingdom.
>>
>>79325551
Ocean current or storm
>>
>>79324845
albert fish
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish

peter niers
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Niers

sawney bean
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

Id like to see more true crime period pieces, especially set in times a long ass time ago. I couldnt find it, but there was another case in spain where a women was kidnapping children and killing them in witchcraft rituals in the 1860s
>>
Why didn't they learn how to swim or build things that float on water then?
>>
>>79325750
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriqueta_Mart%C3%AD

never mind I found it
>>
>>79325754
They had a lot of boats.
>>
>>79325754
different Africans, famalam
>>
>>79325527
Sound advice
>>
>>79325549
Watch your mouth when you're talking about his grandfather you filthy coon
>>
>>79325924
>Watch your mouth
>typing text on a computer screen
are you one of those mentally handicapped folks?
>>
>>79325489
>White people as one nation
>Native americans as such an important part of History
Jesus fuck

I've seen awful tumblr posts but fuck
>>
File: arths.jpg (51KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
arths.jpg
51KB, 322x500px
>>79324845
Kautilya along with Chandragupta
>>
File: Kaiki and Sho Hashi.jpg (152KB, 1024x492px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiki and Sho Hashi.jpg
152KB, 1024x492px
>>79324845
Sho Hashi
>>
File: NIOH Yasuke.png (712KB, 544x611px) Image search: [Google]
NIOH Yasuke.png
712KB, 544x611px
>>79325457
NIOH the movie would be great.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
>>
Dudu Orson
>>
>>79325049
why is a black guy playing hannibal
>>
>>79326279
Who would you cast as Dudu Oson?
>>
File: What's up bitches.jpg (65KB, 610x351px) Image search: [Google]
What's up bitches.jpg
65KB, 610x351px
>>79325112
Joseph, son of Jacob. Seriously, his life is one of the best stories in the old testament, but we only get Noah and Moses again and again.
>>
>>79324845
How come there were no movies about Vladimir Lenin ? Or any communist movie that doesn't depict them as some evil boogeyman?
>>
>>79326649
because the only good commie is a dead commie
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.