[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of watching this now that I've finished with Vikings.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
Thinking of watching this now that I've finished with Vikings. Is it any good?
>>
File: 1477616444519.gif (74KB, 348x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477616444519.gif
74KB, 348x533px
>>79317729
>First half of season 1 is campy as hell, almost b-movie tier.
>starts to gain momentum a few episodes before the end of the season (ep. 6 iirc)
>these eps show the roots of a great show
>Season 2 starts off with a bang, tension and action mount, becomes a great show
>Season 3 is tops 2 and ups the stakes. Top-tier writing, and ties for Banshee as best solo action series season in years. (Banshee s3 is incredible)
>Season 4 will be even bigger

Watch it. This is coming from a man who enjoys Vikings (at least s2 and 3), Rome and so on. Stick out the first half. it's not bad, it's just doesn't 'find it's own', till mid-way.
>>
>>79317729
Season 1 pacing is so slow, but once it gets it's footing it gets really good. Some shit that is very fucking annoying but the unbelievable finales keep bringing me back for more.
>>
File: Black.Sails.S03E03 (2).webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Black.Sails.S03E03 (2).webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>79317729
>Is it any good?
Yes. It is very good. But as anon here notes >>79317815 it requires commitment, it's not a show for casuals. You will be seriously rewarded down the line.
>>
>>79317815
corey, you fucking nutter. his performance on that breakfast show was a gift. i can always go back to it for a good laugh
>>
>>79317846
>>79317846
>>79317729
The only thing I dislike is Max and the blonde bitch. You know why in later seasons.
>>
I pushed through two episodes and it was awful, no good acting in sight. Wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>79317844
>Season 1 pacing is so slow
ever saw Twin Peaks?

nothing wrong with season1, introduces setting and plot and starts building them perfectly
>>
>>79317890
Their tight little bods redeem all imo
>>
>>79317916
I absolutely agree

>>79317905
While I agree, it's pretty hammy. I enjoyed the show, but a few plebs I've recommended it to said that the first few eps were trying because it was basically rudderless.

>Rackem last season
>Vane last season

Jesus Christ boys, what a show
>>
>>79317916
Max has the better body.

Both characters are absolute shit though.
>>
File: black1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
black1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
WATCH IIIIT
>>
>>79317954
>I enjoyed the show, but a few plebs I've recommended it to said that the first few eps were trying because it was basically rudderless.
I got a laugh from a few folks in the early days who complained about Michael Bay being attached as a producer because then it would be nothing by explosions; then when it started they were complaining there was too much talk and not enough explosions. I think some expected Pirates of the Caribbean: The Show.
>>
File: Black.Sails.S03E10.4b.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Black.Sails.S03E10.4b.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>79318016
The attack on soon-to-be-Treasure Island was probably the best Age of Sail naval battle I've ever seen, in either movie or show. Also, thanks for saving that.
>>
File: black4.webm (2MB, 1272x716px) Image search: [Google]
black4.webm
2MB, 1272x716px
>>79318055
i absolutely love the show to death

do you by any chance have the webm of season 1 ineffective attack on the Man'o'War opening its ports and rekking them?
>>
File: Black Sails Tweets 1.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Black Sails Tweets 1.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>79318092
Oh fuck, that was glorious. No I don't, but I've set aside some time tomorrow for webm-making, and that'll be on the list.

Also they've done a new React to Tweets vid but it's not as cute as the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT9Acx5oXiM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUI5IbFCpM4
>>
It's high-school tier drama in a pirate setting.
>>
>>79318191
>I didn't watch the show
>>
>>79318237
I've seen like 3 seasons or something.
>>
>>79317815
Season three is where it starts to take a major dive. I don't know how you can be so wrong.

Season 1 is alright, not bad. There's a few shit characters you have to sit through, but it's watchable and overall enjoyable. Season 2 is tops. Season 3 is where they where they wrote themselves into a corner and things start taking a crap, bigtime.
>>
>>79318262
>watch 3 seasons of something you don't like
Seriously, what's this retardation?
>>
>>79318152
>Those women had to agree to be literal whores to get those roles.

Kind of sad, desu. Fucking jews.
>>
I know the episodes come out before the Sunday night air date, but when exactly do they start showing up online? Sunday morning?
>>
>>79317815
>ties for Banshee as best solo action series season in years
Strike Back still has my vote for the best action series in years, apparently theres even talks of doing a movie with Scott and Stonebridge
>>
>>79318387
Mate, I'm about to download this. I will kill you if it's shit
>>
>>79318412
He's not kidding after I came across Strike Back I basically stopped watching everything else just to binge it and get up to date before the last season aired.
>>
>>79318412
Whole cast had weapons and special ops training and the main actors did almost everyone of their own stunts from shit like driving a truck on fire into those big water filled barrels to connecting themselves to a rope on a helicopter and being jacked up in the sky at night and hauled outta a fire fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FActalwUWGw
>>
>>79318716
>>79318412
oh, the only thing is.... strike back origins, which is technically the first season, is not as well received as the rest, which is what everyone loves. you can skip it if you dont like it, 6 eps tho, because it is recapped i think. but if you can stick with black sails, watch it.
>>
>>79318412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI6qq0gya6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMDmBzNKMYM
>>
>>79318912
>>79318811
>>79318733
>>79318716
alright, I'm sold. Grabbing the whole series now
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.