[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix the horror genre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hope.png (296KB, 703x747px) Image search: [Google]
hope.png
296KB, 703x747px
How do we fix the horror genre?
>>
>>79316113
Full penetration.
>>
>>79316142
this and no more jumpscares
>>
>>79316113
It can't be saved. Every trope has been run into the ground.
When was the last memorable horror film?
>>
>>79316187
How about a space horror movie and the killer is Pluto and he's slowly murdering the other planets. KILLER DWARF
>>
>>79316113

take powerful hallucinogenic drugs and even the gayest horror movie suddenly becomes terrifying.
>>
cut CGI entirely

Practical effects works because people that is in charge of making them actually tries to give it some sort of 'realism' feel to it that could pull genuine reactions from actors

also if youre making ghost films make sure that the ghost itself isnt ridden with blood or has a 'troll face' that is supposed to be scary, instead focus on making it subtle and otherworldly as possible, harness the fear from that instead of relying on "NIGGA THAT LOOKS SCARY AF" moments

its all in the build up and atmosphere if you ask me
>>
>>79316113

accept the truth that horror movies stop being scary when you hit the age of 15. the movies arent getting worse, your brain is getting better.

horror is a kids genre like capeshit, let it go.
>>
>>79316113
Do the opposite of whatever /tv/ says
>>
>>79316186
A movie can have one jumpscare for every 45 minutes of screentime.
>>
>>79316113
extreme violence, fucking bring in the snuff films
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.