[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth watching? Or Hollywood propaganda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: kingdom-of-heaven.jpg (550KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom-of-heaven.jpg
550KB, 1000x1500px
Worth watching? Or Hollywood propaganda?
>>
>>79315974
Salahadin...does not shitpost.

Salahadin.
>>
>>79315974

watch the theatrical version. the extended cut sucks badly.
>>
>>79315974
Orlando Bloom has never been in a good movie
>>
>>79315974
Watch the directors cut. Scott always delivers a visually stunning movie, the siege of Jerusalem is great, and so are the scenes with king baldwin.
>>
I think I'm going on 4 or 5 times trying to watch that fucking movie

It's so tedious and visually ugly and bloom is awful in everything he does. Last time I watched it there were scene I paused just because I could not believe a cinematographer had looked at this and thought "this is what my film should look like"
>>
Does it portray the Muslims as good guys and the Christians as evil?
>>
>>79316160
pretty close to that
>>
>>79316051
is this bait
>>
>>79316160

>Christians were good bois thei dindu NUFFIN!

Get off your high horse uneducated pleb.
>>
>>79316160
Well the protagonist and all his friends are christians, and the main guy who helps him is supposed to be an angel so probably not. All the antagonists are also christian so make of it what you will, the muslims are more or less indifferent and only really just want Jerusalem.
>>
theatrical cut is a 6/10
director's cut is a 9/10
>>
File: fedorapepe.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fedorapepe.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>fighting over Jerusalem
that's a good goy
>>
>>79316377
>People fighting over Jerusalem
>People actually did fight over Jerusalem

that's a good history
>>
File: king baldwin kingdom of heaven.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
king baldwin kingdom of heaven.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79316110
>visually ugly
whatever you say pleb
>>
>>79316073
He's not the most talented actor in the circuit, but I thought his performance in this movie demonstrated his maturation as an actor. He wasn't just "Orlando Bloom" again, like with Legolas or Will Turner. I had no problem with his performance.

>>79315974
>Muh multiculti paradise
>Muh religion is bad except Islam is kind of good
>Muh evil white antagonists
>Muh negro crusaders in northern Europe
>>
>>79316160
It portray Orlando Bloom as a 20th century atheist rationalist unaccountably being a 12th century european knight and shoving modern morality down everyone's throat.
>>
File: 1486267733709.jpg (30KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1486267733709.jpg
30KB, 500x390px
Director's Cut is my favorite film of all time

Am I a pleb?
>>
>>79316160
No. Portrays Saladin and his protoge Dr. Bashir as even headed and honorable men, while the imam is a bloodthirsty warmonger. Parallels King Baldwin and Tiberius with Guy and Reynald.
>>
>>79316486
>caring about opinions of others on anonymous chinese tapestry auction forum

You're a pleb
>>
>>79316518
>one evil white dude
>wah wahhh

why is your skin so thin?
>>
>>79316457
None of this happens in the movie
>>
>>79316457
>multicultural paradis
>ps no muslims allowed
>>
>>79316546
>None

Okay. You're wrong, but okay.
>>
>>79316457
>Muh multiculti paradise
Don't drink the memes.
>>
>>79316435
wow a shiny mask, hella f*cken epic
>>
It's a really great movie. It does show islam in a good light but purely thanks to one character who was one of the greatest muslim leaders ever, average ahmed still wants to blow shit up.
>>
>>79316574
>Muh multiculti paradise
It was heavily emphasized that, under the leper king, Jerusalem was an enlightened society where all faiths were welcome ("but I don't really believe in religion because it's bullshit lol")

I'm reaching there. My weakest argument

All the villains were "bigoted, greedy white christian men." Islam and Arabs were portrayed in only a good light

The first scene shows a full blown sub saharan African riding into a northern European village in Crusader gear. He also reprimands the greedy and gluttonous, small minded European king for mispronouncing the name of the noble king of Arabia
>>
>>79316457
>Islam is kind of good
Not really though.
Saladin and that other Arab nobleman are portrayed as good but so are Balian, Tiberias and Baldwin IV on the Christian side.
I guess the theatrical cut is a bit biased since they cut the scene where the mullah stirs up the army to slaughter everyone in Jerusalem and the soldiers yell "Allah Akbar" in unison.
>>
>>79316627
This. If Saladin represented Islam, Islam would be totally fine.

He was basically a reformation figure for Islam... But Islam never reformed.
>>
>>79316457
that nigger was a saracen you moron.
>>
It's pretty good movie unless you a /pol/tard who jerks to orange shit.
>>
>>79316673
I don't think you know what that word means. Stop apologizing for hollywood jumping at any opportunity to Africanize the concept of Europe and Eruropean history. Can't portray the goyim in a society of their own, now, can we?
>>
File: winner.jpg (23KB, 361x563px) Image search: [Google]
winner.jpg
23KB, 361x563px
>>79316703
Kingdom of Heaven DC has been my favorite movie for 10+ years and not only did I vote for him, he was my first choice :^)
>>
>>79316703
Why are anti-/pol/tards so obsessed with /pol/tards sexuality? It's all you ever talk about, what you think /pol/ masturbates to.
>>
Terrible boring movie.

Depressing, tedius, slow movie.

Christian heroes are displayed as over-the-top ebil!!

>"rawr, im the bad christian guy and I really hate you orlando bloom"
>"rawr, the viewer will really hate us every time, now we are gonna raid poor innocent caravans so the viewer hates us even more!!"

This movie is trash. Want to watch the last epic movie created? Watch Alexander, the best movie ever made, despite the homosexuality.
>>
>>79316627
>>79316671

>le pop-his reproachless saladin

Kek, reminds me of the time people thought Richard was a swell dude and not just a violent chad playing war with daddy's money.
>>
>>79316767
This is a valid criticism. Imo it's watchable, and that's above average for hollywood, but it's nothing to save and ever rewatch.
>>
>>79316767
Actually, Raynald of Chatillon ACTUALLY DID THAT IN REAL LIFE

If you want to get upset about a bad portrayal, Bloom's character Balian was not a peasant (he was noble), and Finch's character Partriach Heraclius of Jerusalem (the cowardly bishop in the movie) actually played a major role in the defense of the city and refused to leave when others wanted him to evacuate.
>>
>>79316833
>ACTUALLY DID THAT IN REAL LIFE

THE VILLAINS WERE STILL TOO CARTOONY AND IT TOOK AWAY FROM THE MOVIE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THEY'D TEMPERED THEM A LITTLE INSTEAD OF MAKING THEM SO TWO DIMENSIONAL. I WOULD HAVE THE SAME COMPLAINT IF THE MUSLIMS WERE PORTRAYED THAT WAY (PRO TIP: THEY WEREN'T)
>>
>>79316833
>Partriach Heraclius of Jerusalem (the cowardly bishop in the movie)
Oh yeah the best part, every priest in the movie is just a greedy cowardly piece of shit who literally pick trinkets off corpses

Wow such subtle commentary there
>>
>>79316874
>pseudo-atheist knight of St. John
I love the movie but that was just too retarded.
>>
>>79316790
>le you can't talk about anyone because ACTUALLY fags know what ACTUALLY has taken place a few hundred years ago

He was a good character in a movie, I don't know what kind of a person he was because I wasn't there, and neither were you so go back to /his/ or whatever shithole you come from
>>
>>79316874
>>79316873
In Real Life, the Patriarch of Jerusalem offered up all the money in the city to ransom the poor civilians to safety. When he could only afford to pay for half, he offered up his own life in exchange for their freedom, but Saladin rejected him and took the 15,000 civilians as slaves.
>>
>>79316906
Ah, but both posts I quoted were talking about (or rather, idealising) the actual person rather than the movie character you drooling trollop.

Also, your very basic and infantile phenomenological argument is false and indicative of your subpar intelligence.
>>
>>79316873
>being this mad
>>
>>79316952
brah you started your argument with le and believe history books which are little more than glorified fanfiction, is it really your place to measure someone's intelligence?

Also, i wasn't really talking about a character, making sure to pinpoint that a historical figure that he is based on is not a representation of his general culture
>>
>>79316915
Wow that sure wasn't shown in the movie
>>
>>79317237
Since you've just pust entire History as a field of knowledge into question, we can just conclude this.
I hope you never get to make any decision that affects a multitude of ther peoples' lives.
>>
File: Eva Green Kingdom of Heaven.webm (3MB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
Eva Green Kingdom of Heaven.webm
3MB, 1920x818px
>>
>>79317372
mommy
>>
>>79317301
And I'm sure you are a Harvard educated, free thinking expert on the minutia of western civilizational history. Modern historybooks can not be trusted, on many things. That is a fact. Anon might be a retard, but you don't know jack either.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.